collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Chewuch Quality Deer  (Read 31768 times)

Offline packmule

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
Re: Chewuch Quality Deer
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2020, 06:24:33 PM »
Oh for gosh sakes, the buck was 388lbs hanging with no guts, heart, liver or lungs, still had the hide, head and legs on, put all the inside stuff back in and we figured him at 420-450lbs. Man I didn't think this was that big a deal, sure its a big deer but the majority of our bucks are in the 250-350Lbs range, and YES I posted about 50 pictures(out of hundreds that we have) a few years ago and a handful of those were 400lb plus deer, I got many compliments and appreciated every one of them, then I was tipped off that many of my pictures were being copied, why, I have no idea, but I can only imagine, I pulled them all down, I don't need to prove anything, Im about as straight of a shooter as you will find. I may post a picture of this buck or I may not, I have 21 1 gallon freezer bags in my freezer right now, each bag weighs 10-12lbs, I also have 2 backstraps, liver, heart and loins in the freezer, total weight of all is 246lbs....Like I said we butcher our own and don't waste, when we were done all that went over the bank was the vulture picked rib cage, the clean picked legs/hip, neck bone and back bone, we left the gut pile on the hill(30-40lbs) about one bag of bloodshot area went for dog food.....CA2017, I will stay in touch :tup:

I remember those old pictures you posted, and appreciated them. Always look forward to your mule deer input on this site.

Offline Griiz

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2020, 06:41:32 PM »
Oh for gosh sakes, the buck was 388lbs hanging with no guts, heart, liver or lungs, still had the hide, head and legs on, put all the inside stuff back in and we figured him at 420-450lbs. Man I didn't think this was that big a deal, sure its a big deer but the majority of our bucks are in the 250-350Lbs range, and YES I posted about 50 pictures(out of hundreds that we have) a few years ago and a handful of those were 400lb plus deer, I got many compliments and appreciated every one of them, then I was tipped off that many of my pictures were being copied, why, I have no idea, but I can only imagine, I pulled them all down, I don't need to prove anything, Im about as straight of a shooter as you will find. I may post a picture of this buck or I may not, I have 21 1 gallon freezer bags in my freezer right now, each bag weighs 10-12lbs, I also have 2 backstraps, liver, heart and loins in the freezer, total weight of all is 246lbs....Like I said we butcher our own and don't waste, when we were done all that went over the bank was the vulture picked rib cage, the clean picked legs/hip, neck bone and back bone, we left the gut pile on the hill(30-40lbs) about one bag of bloodshot area went for dog food.....CA2017, I will stay in touch :tup:

Always enjoy your pictures and input. Thx for sharing.

Offline HikerHunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: DU, NWTF, NRA, WHEIA
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2020, 08:28:38 AM »

Not sure I speak for everyone, but I wasn't trying to get "proof" of your 400+ lb deer. Its not something you see every day and its fun to view them like this  :yike:

Offline dilleytech

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2020, 09:10:22 AM »
Like wise I’m just curious I didn’t know mule deer got that big. I shot what was considered a really big mule deer in Wyoming by experienced guys and it was around 90# of meat. So one that’s 2.5x as big? It’s very interesting. A mule deer the size of a bull elk. I just hadn’t ever heard of such a thing.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 09:15:55 AM by dilleytech »

Online OutHouse

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Department of Foliage, Lifetime Member
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2020, 01:22:09 PM »
Good luck on that hunt. Pay close attention to bigmacc's posts. I knew the guy that used to own The Outdoorsman in Winthrop. His name was Victor Moss. He had tons of picture of great bucks taken out of 218 that he said were taken up high in the nasty weather on migration routes. Pretty sure some of his mounts went to Sunmountain resort after his death. Post pics I bet you're gonna do well!

Offline Backstrap

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2020, 08:41:47 PM »
Re 400+ pound deer, yes they are real. Old timers in my circles refer to those big bucks as “mule bucks”. Not mule deer, or muleys, or big bucks, but “mule bucks”. I know where to find mule bucks, but they do not come easy or often.
Step once, look twice...

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2020, 07:13:24 AM »
Good luck on that hunt. Pay close attention to bigmacc's posts. I knew the guy that used to own The Outdoorsman in Winthrop. His name was Victor Moss. He had tons of picture of great bucks taken out of 218 that he said were taken up high in the nasty weather on migration routes. Pretty sure some of his mounts went to Sunmountain resort after his death. Post pics I bet you're gonna do well!

Ole Vic Moss.....November general season dates and 1/100th less competition had trophy hunters like Vic Moss killing giants every year. Oh how I wished I could have experienced those days.

Offline JohnVH

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2020, 07:50:17 AM »
Well, I  appreciate the support from some on here, my wife and I will try to figure out how to post a picture from my phone on here, I got the ok from CA2017, he would love to see it also.

Send it to me, I can post it on here for you.

Offline CA2017

• Pilgrim
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2020, 08:07:56 AM »
Thank you everybody for the information you shared. Definitely not looking for people’s secret spots but it Is nice you all shared some good areas to start. Always nice to hear people’s story’s and I appreciate those who shared. Few more days and it will be go time!

Online OutHouse

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Department of Foliage, Lifetime Member
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2020, 09:26:24 AM »

Ole Vic Moss.....November general season dates and 1/100th less competition had trophy hunters like Vic Moss killing giants every year. Oh how I wished I could have experienced those days.

True. I was probably too young back then to have noticed the advantages. Vic was a nice guy. I first met him on my birthday probably less than 10 years old. As it turned out we shared the same birthday and so whenever I was in the area on my birthday I would stop by and hang out in his store for a while.

Offline andrebeergog

• Tracker
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2020, 10:16:56 AM »
Bigmacc, just curious, are you and your crew using pack animals to get in to these areas?  I have heard that's almost a requirement to get into these remote areas of the Pasayten.

Thanks!
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity.  John Muir

Offline Mtnwalker

• Sourdough
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2020, 01:24:44 PM »
Posting for bigmacc

Dandy buck bigmacc!

Offline steeleywhopper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2020, 01:36:27 PM »
That is one heck of a buck!
Politicians like Jay Inslee are the reason we have the 2nd Amendment

Online 7mmfan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.facebook.com/rory.oconnor.9480
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2020, 01:37:15 PM »
Yep. That's a big one.
I hunt, therefore I am.... I fish, therefore I lie.

Offline Buckhunter24

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2020, 01:40:22 PM »
Bigmacc do you need a hunting partner  :chuckle:

Thats a huge buck :tup:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]