collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Chewuch Quality Deer  (Read 31755 times)

Offline jstone

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: Chewuch Quality Deer
« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2020, 01:10:11 PM »
Dang warm

Offline 2MANY

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2020, 02:10:38 PM »
Prolly, because, even though most on here haven't even seen a deer that big, no less shot one, they said they didn't believe the ratio of live weight to boned out meat.  (Basically calling him a liar) :twocents: :bash:

Well he said he got 250# of meat off a mule deer so... they were right if they thought that..

So you were there??
Witnessed the met weights??
That's what I thought.

Sometimes the earth looks flat if you stare at the horizon too.

Offline HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2020, 07:50:41 PM »
It's a shame that you cant post pics and stories on here without having naysayers slam you. Dont let them win. Keep it up. Incredible animals!

Offline jstone

• Old Salt
« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2020, 08:08:34 PM »
 :yeah:

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2020, 08:35:52 PM »
Might as well step in this mess,

Bigmacc, there are many of us who have never shot a 400 lb Muley, after hunting for over 30 years in the same areas you are talking about.

Some of us have never shot a 200” muley while hunting the same areas you are talking about.

Some of us have. Ever shot a 40” wide muley while hunting the same areas you are talking about.

Does that mean they do not exist?

Hardly.

The last year I hunted the Methow, I was about two miles in an area we have hunted every year for 30 years. Usually when trying to recover from the opening weekend excitement.
The kind of area you hunt when you are seriously hurting from previous days, but you don’t want to waste a day by staying in camp, so you pick a well known (to you) spot that you can work into, but still have a shot at a decent buck.

I sat down on a draw that had been burned a few years earlier, and proceeded to eat my lunch. While eating, I glassed every bush in that draw hoping to see something but not really expecting to see much. After about 30 minutes, I stood up to continue around the mountain.
Then something exploded out of the brush about 150 away.  :o

The largest buck I have ever seen, easily twice as wide as his ears, humongously tall, double droptine (my holy grail) was bounding away. I had just enough time to throw my rifle up and see how massive this buck was as he disappeared over the finger.
This buck was by far the biggest I have ever seen in all my years of hunting, and he was bedded right in front of me and I did not see him because I did not expect to see him.  :bash:

Before that day If anyone would have told my a buck like that could be found there, I would have laughed at them. We had killed dear there, but nothing close to that buck.

So my point is, while hard to comprehend bucks of the size you describe for those of us who have settled for 1/2 that,
Under no circumstances does that mean I question your integrity.

It is more of “what the heck am I doing wrong when I blow a chance at a buck of a lifetime?, in a place that I least expect it”

So ya it is hard for some of us to comprehend a buck of that size, but that’s on us not you.

Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline blindluck

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2020, 08:48:19 PM »
 :yeah:

Offline 10thmountainarcher

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2020, 08:52:52 PM »
It's a shame that you cant post pics and stories on here without having naysayers slam you. Dont let them win. Keep it up. Incredible animals!

It’s like this with pretty much every post someone makes claiming something. I’m certain we have missed out on seeing some amazing animals due to their actions.

Offline jstone

• Old Salt
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2020, 08:28:37 AM »
Yes. People need to chill and let others show pictures and tell their stories. That’s what this forum is about

Offline Mtnwalker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2020, 08:49:12 AM »
 :yeah:  Even if somebody does post something that you deem to be improbable or outlandish, why does it bother you (the “gotta prove you wrong” people) so bad? It just eats some people up to read something that they think can’t be true, to the point where they just can’t help but insert their intellectually superior view point. Just enjoy the story and the fact that the guy killed a big buck, jeesh.

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Explorer
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2020, 08:53:51 AM »
It doesn't bother me a bit.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Buckmark

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2020, 10:36:47 AM »
Good luck to the OP, hope you have a good hunt and post up some pics of your success  :tup:
To hunt and butcher an animal is to recognize that meat is not some abstract form of protein that springs into existence tightly wrapped in cellophane and styrofoam.

Offline CA2017

• Pilgrim
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2020, 10:40:23 AM »
Thank you. Slow start so far. Will let you know how it pans out.

Offline zwickeyman

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2020, 10:47:53 AM »
This story is of an Idaho buck that my pops killed not a WA buck. Never got weighed live or hanging but got weighed after butchering. 275# of cut and wrapped meat. Scored 263 and change and was 42" wide. Aged at 11 years old. This is not a tale or BS

I personally have never killed a huge bodied buck, my sons first buck at the age of 12 had a bigger body than any I have ever killed :)

I know Bigmacc and I got called *censored*ters which for me is OK. Doesnt hurt my feelings at all. It is hard to believe there are Bucks that big out there when most of us shoot 2-4 year old bucks

I talked to my mom for some clarification, my dad is no longer with us. She said 270# of cut and wrapped, they cut their own. She said this was with Heart, Liver, ribs and all made into burger as they already had a Bull, Cow and Calf in the freezer and it was such an old buck. Not sure what the organs, ribs and beef fat would add up to but thats what she said. My dad killed a bunch of big bucks, body and antler wise. He probably had 20 that I will never top. He only entered this one in B/C because some buddies ,made him. I know he won widest Muledeer contest one time where he had a 41" typical 4 pt. He won a Winchester 30-30. He said it wasnt too special if a buck as it didnt have much mass or character :)
Every animal he killed prior to 1956 when he killed this one was stolen out of his barn in Idaho in 1957 when he moved to Seattle to work for Boeing. Monster Bucks, Bulls and Antelope. The only one he brought to Seattle was this one. He and his 2 bothers killed some monsters in the 40's and 50's.

Just wanted to give my perspective on comments and sorry I was part of getting this off topic. I have no doubt of my dads claims because I never heard him stretch the truth or BS. If he said it, it happened

The mountains are calling and I must go

Offline cbond3318

• Frontiersman
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2020, 10:52:28 AM »
I'm just over here hoping one day I can have a cup of coffee with Bigmacc and hear some stories. Nothing better than when history meets mule deer.

Good luck on the tag CA2017, I'll be creeping the area next week just for fun, I'll keep my eyes open for you.  :tup:
Just tend your own and live.

Offline jstone

• Old Salt
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2020, 11:54:37 AM »
Looks like snow next week

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 06:56:45 AM]