collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Chewuch Quality Deer  (Read 31770 times)

Offline HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
Re: Chewuch Quality Deer
« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2020, 12:00:07 PM »
I'm just over here hoping one day I can have a cup of coffee with Bigmacc and hear some stories. Nothing better than when history meets mule deer.

Good luck on the tag CA2017, I'll be creeping the area next week just for fun, I'll keep my eyes open for you.  :tup:

I think that would be an incredible experience!

Offline jstone

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #106 on: November 05, 2020, 12:03:44 PM »
Good Luck
I love this time of year.!!

Offline 2MANY

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2020, 12:35:41 PM »
The intent of folks here was to post pictures that got the lucky hunter excited and motivated to apply all the energy necessary to kill his own big buck.

It was a good thing and no apology should be necessary from these folks.

Best of luck to the hunter.
You are beyond fortunate to have Mac on your team.

Offline 2MANY

• Frontiersman
« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2020, 03:15:18 PM »
I just reread your comments, felt offended, and must be ignorant because I can't figure out why you would sign up on this forum just to call someone out.
Seems weird but welcome to Hunt WA.

Offline Odell

• Longhunter
  • the deuce is loose
« Reply #109 on: November 05, 2020, 04:04:35 PM »
all of us are infallible. I don't see any issues with being slow to believe an internet claim of 248 lbs of meat off a mule deer when every scientific study would question it.

It doesn't make the person who claimed it a liar, he could be accurate, he could be mistaken.

Bottom line is that it would likely make this buck the largest ever killed. We see records being broken regularly and none of them have bodies of this size. In general I believe it to be healthy to be slow to believe what someone posts on the internet.

That said, the poster is clearly a man of experience and has forgotten more than most of us will ever know about mule deer. Its unfortunate that our disagreement over the pounds has to taint the entire thing.

http://www.wyomingextension.org/agpubs/pubs/B589R.pdf
what in the wild wild world of sports???

Offline OutHouse

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Department of Foliage, Lifetime Member
« Reply #110 on: November 05, 2020, 04:28:02 PM »
I saw the deer before the pic was removed. It was enormous. The guy standing next to him was probably much bigger than an average man and he looked teeny tiny.

Offline 10thmountainarcher

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #111 on: November 05, 2020, 04:34:53 PM »
I saw the deer before the pic was removed. It was enormous. The guy standing next to him was probably much bigger than an average man and he looked teeny tiny.

Same here, the deer in the photograph appeared bigger then my rag horn 4x5 bull I shot.

Offline cbond3318

• Frontiersman
« Reply #112 on: November 05, 2020, 04:48:09 PM »
Here’s a Chewuch buck from tonight. He’s no dick dragger (copyright to Timberstalker) but the swollen neck and 6 does he was nudging is a good sign CA2017.
Just tend your own and live.

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #113 on: November 05, 2020, 05:19:15 PM »
I was curious so I googled “heaviest Mule Deer buck”

Some real pigs

REAL SLOBBERKNOCKERS: THE 4 HEAVIEST DEER OF ALL TIME
- Sunday September 23, 2018 - Daniel Schmidt
There was a day not so long ago when deer hunters across North America were absolutely fascinated with big bucks.

No, not big racks — big bucks. Huge, giant, monstrous creatures. Or, as the old-timers called them, “real slobberknockers.”

Antlers were adored, but they were almost secondary when it came to describing a buck’s status. “What did he weigh?” was often the first question asked of a successful hunter. This infatuation hasn’t died completely. A buck’s hog-dressed weight is still a badge of honor for hunters in the Northeast, Upper Great Lakes and Canada.

GnarlesLEETIFFGary
Lee Lakosky shot a buck he called ‘Gnarls Barkely’ a few years ago. This deer tipped the scales at nearly 300 pounds on the hoof. (Photo: Lee and Tiffany Lakosky of The Crush TV)
From what we can gather, the heaviest whitetail ever shot was killed by a bow-hunter, John Annett of Ontario, in 1977. The deer field dressed 431 pounds on government-certified scales. That would have given it an estimated live weight of more than 540 pounds. However,  reports indicate the buck was butchered before Canadian authorities could inspect it.

Second place seemingly belongs to a 402-pound Minnesota buck killed by Carl Lenander Jr. in 1926.  Conservation officials estimated the live weight at 511 pounds.

This giant buck was shot near Gaspe Quebec in Fall 2005. It field-dressed at 260 pounds, making its live weight well near the 300-pound mark.
This giant buck was shot near Gaspe Quebec in Fall 2005. It field-dressed at 260 pounds, making its live weight well near the 300-pound mark.
Third place would go to a Maine buck killed by Horace R. Hinckley in 1955. Hinckley reportedly spent three days searching for a scale large enough to properly weigh his buck. With a Maine Sealer of Weights witness present, the buck officially tipped the scales at 355 pounds, giving it a live weight of 451 pounds. Hinckley’s buck had a 28-inch neck girth and a 56-inch chest girth.

Fourth place goes to a 321-pound buck killed in Bayfield County, Wisconsin, in 1938. We don’t know the hunter’s name, but the weight was verified. Fifth place would have to go to a buck killed in New York in 1946. That deer officially weighed 291 pounds dressed.

These rankings are open for debate. While researching this topic with my friend Keith McCaffery, a retired deer research biologist, we found several mentions of heavier deer. However, none of those weights were verified. Included in that list are a 1907 Wisconsin buck that allegedly weighed 437 pounds dressed, and a 1924 Wisconsin buck that weighed 386 pounds.

https://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/content/blogs/dan-schmidt-deer-blog-whitetail-wisdom/deer-pictures-real-slobberknockers
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #114 on: November 05, 2020, 05:19:23 PM »
Here’s a Chewuch buck from tonight. He’s no dick dragger (copyright to Timberstalker) but the swollen neck and 6 does he was nudging is a good sign CA2017.

Looks like a career two point in the making.
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline Buckhunter24

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #115 on: November 05, 2020, 05:25:25 PM »
The buck was huge. Bigmacc has been talking about big muleys on this site since I can remember, he clearly knows his stuff. Its a bummer that people post great pics then feel the need to take them down because others start nitpicking.

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #116 on: November 05, 2020, 05:26:02 PM »

I would shoot him if legal  :dunno:
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2020, 05:28:23 PM »

Legal all day with a QT.🤣
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline cbond3318

• Frontiersman
« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2020, 06:51:46 PM »

Legal all day with a QT.🤣

He had a small 3rd on his right but agree he won’t be much different next year.
Just tend your own and live.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2020, 06:36:49 AM »
I’m laughing my ass off at a bunch of you guys. I saw and photographed, that means got within 40 yards of more big Washington bucks yesterday That are being hunted currently on public ground than some of you naysayers have seen your whole life.   :chuckle:  Should we throw some stones, or whip out a measuring tape.   

Were your comments worth it?  Do you feel better?  The guy put up a a photo of a gigantic deer not that he had to prove himself.  And even if he was exaggerating (not saying he was), who gives a *censored*.

There’s some post on here somewhere of some Washington giant that scores 193 inches.  I have probably 10 racks in my pile that I haven’t even posted pics on here of bucks I’ve harvest that are bigger.  193 inches my ass.   It doesn’t mean I crapped on the guys parade. 

And RT...I’m calling you out.  The way you exaggerate and tell “fish” stories, you shouldn’t be casting stones brother. :chuckle:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 04:04:01 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]