collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: How to repair my rv the best way, tire blow out!  (Read 2685 times)

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
How to repair my rv the best way, tire blow out!
« on: October 23, 2020, 01:43:34 PM »
So my one year old trailer tire blew out, the damage I’m mostly concerned with is the floor underneath, just above the tire. It rubbed through the nylon fabric, and the insulation, exposing the plywood.  I bought some frantic from the dealer but they weren’t much help after that.  Do I use expanding foam as insulation, form it up with a piece of plywood w a hole in the middle to let out the extra foam. What would be the best adhesive to put over the foam and to hold that fabric on??  Any ideas or expirences with the same thing? 
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
Re: How to repair my rv the best way, tire blow out!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 02:16:37 PM »
So my one year old trailer tire blew out, the damage I’m mostly concerned with is the floor underneath, just above the tire. It rubbed through the nylon fabric, and the insulation, exposing the plywood.  I bought some frantic from the dealer but they weren’t much help after that.  Do I use expanding foam as insulation, form it up with a piece of plywood w a hole in the middle to let out the extra foam. What would be the best adhesive to put over the foam and to hold that fabric on??  Any ideas or expirences with the same thing?

I've got a guy you can call.  I'll send you his number.  He repaired my RV last year and is totally legit... Just weird  :chuckle:

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 02:30:58 PM »
Glueing to the foam wont work out very well. If it were me I would drill several holes for input expansion and escape but fastne to the plywood via a spacer of some sort. OR use some kind of other insulation that can be glued/stapled in place like the reflective sheets of the closed cell foam that is glue backed with foil backing. can be had at HD or lows for $1 a square.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 10:42:17 AM »

I've got a guy you can call.  I'll send you his number.  He repaired my RV last year and is totally legit... Just weird  :chuckle:
i can't find the number you gave me for that weird repair guy, could you please re send it to me please!   @ctwiggs1.   #ctwiggs1

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 10:48:32 AM »

i can't find the number you gave me for that weird repair guy, could you please re send it to me please!   @ctwiggs1.   #ctwiggs1

Sent

Offline smalldog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2020, 10:54:01 AM »
After you get it repaired by a system to monitor your tires TPMS   tire pressure monitor system. It will save you the headaches of this. Please look into it.  I have towing all over the US and Canada and the TPMS has never let me down.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2020, 11:08:12 AM »
After you get it repaired by a system to monitor your tires TPMS   tire pressure monitor system. It will save you the headaches of this. Please look into it.  I have towing all over the US and Canada and the TPMS has never let me down.
great idea, with the cost of these trailers you’d think it would be standard.

Offline lee

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2020, 10:20:17 AM »

:yeah:

Give you piece of mind!!!!

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2020, 10:36:25 AM »

is a great idea, but it’s not cheap.

Offline HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2020, 01:18:43 PM »

is a great idea, but it’s not cheap.

I agree. I find it pretty easy to walk around my trailer and observe things when I stop for something. Look how the tires are sitting. If it looks low I double check with my $12 pressure gauge. I touch my hubs to see if they are getting hot. I look over my lights and hitch and safety chains. Pretty cheap insurance and will almost always identify any potential problems.

Offline smalldog

• Hunter
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2020, 09:05:49 PM »
You can buy TPMS and the brand that I use is  TireMinder and I just get the sensors for 4 tires and its pretty cheap compared to what it would cost for prepares. If you look on Amazon you can get this system for around $214 dollars.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal