collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Cinebar  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Goshawk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Cinebar
« on: October 24, 2020, 01:44:13 PM »
I took a walk this morning to get an old tree stand down that I won't be using.  I was outside of the downtown area, North of Cinebar.  In my short three mile walk, I came across four different "guys" hunting in full camo with rifles who walked into this patch of Weyerhaeuser.  No orange, so I assume no permits.  Now, I'm no fan of the Weyerhaeuser permit system but hunting in the brush with gray camo in an area that has doe tags is not the brightest thing to be doing, let alone dumping on the guys and gals that paid money for permission to be there.

Just my .02 worth.  Play by the rules or don't play at all.     
You'll never get a Big'un if you keep shooting Little'un's.

Offline Buckmark

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
Re: Cinebar
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 02:57:20 PM »
Darwin  :twocents:
To hunt and butcher an animal is to recognize that meat is not some abstract form of protein that springs into existence tightly wrapped in cellophane and styrofoam.

Offline teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 04:43:51 PM »
Can’t fix stupid
Happiness is being in the woods!!!

Offline fishnfur

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 06:57:07 PM »
Well their camo wasn't working too well if you picked out four of them in 3 miles.  It makes no sense to not wear hunter orange, especially if you're a poacher.  Talk about standing out like a sore thumb!
“When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.”  - Will Rogers

Offline Goshawk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 04:16:46 PM »
Well their camo wasn't working too well if you picked out four of them in 3 miles.  It makes no sense to not wear hunter orange, especially if you're a poacher.  Talk about standing out like a sore thumb!

The camo didn't do much for them when they were walking down the logging roads, or in one case running away down the middle of Panisco Road when I caught him looking inside my truck.

Thinking I'll have to spend some time around there in uniform.
You'll never get a Big'un if you keep shooting Little'un's.

Offline yorketransport

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Frontiersman
  • Preferred pronouns: were/was
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 06:46:27 PM »
I just like that you used the term "downtown" and Cinebar in the same sentence. :chuckle:

I've encountered a lot of questionable "hunting" down around the Pidgeon Springs/Lucas Creek part of Vail down there. There seems to be less traffic and more shenanigans down there than at the north end of the tree farm.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal