collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: F150 Headlights  (Read 6239 times)

Offline Mossy

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
Re: F150 Headlights
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2020, 11:17:01 PM »
I’ll check them out guys thanks.

Offline winshooter88

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2020, 06:28:57 AM »
Hi
I put the led replacements in our 2007 Tahoe, 2002 Honda Odessey, and our 1995 Tahoe, and the difference on all of them is amazing. Way better light on high and low beams both. We got ours off of Amazon and haven't had any problems yet. the only thing to check first is to see if your daytime running lights work through your headlight bulbs, if they do the daytime running lights might not work correctly without a resistor in the line, these can usually be bought through who ever you buy the bulbs from.

Offline Mossy

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2020, 09:20:45 PM »
So I bought a set from Beamtech for my wife’s Ford Flex as an exper...I mean Christmas present to help narrow things down for my truck.

FYI, I was going to pick up this set for me based off their sale price but I spent too much on a Seafood delivery😏

For those interested, that sale has had a resetting countdown sale timer for a couple weeks....

https://www.f150leds.com/products/15-18_cree_headlight_led

Offline thinkingman

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2020, 10:17:13 AM »
I had the same issue with old, dim bulbs in my 2015 F150.

I considered LEDs for about 15 minutes but after experiencing every Toyota driver in the area plugging in blue over-wattage LEDs that throw crappy light and scatter badly into oncoming traffic, I decided to stay with halogens for a far superior beam pattern and more effective light temperature.

I bought Silverstars for the low beams, knowing they will last a year and that's the price for brighter halogen beams.

The F150 forums have a lighting section and this is a MAJOR upgrade with much better beam definition and you won't look like a dbag to oncoming drivers.
https://www.f150forum.com/f118/easy-headlight-mod-313120/

I can't tell you how much better the high beams are.
I've been running them for a year with no issues.

Good luck and ditch the LEDs.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
― Bertrand Russell

Offline Mossy

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2020, 10:34:08 PM »
The beamtech LED’s are a homerun for my wife’s flex. 5 minute install, wider and brighter view. Didn’t have to adjust anything based off before/after tape lines on the garage door and test drives with her following me/toward me.
Probably going with the same company for my truck but expecting needed adjustments.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2021, 11:59:56 AM »

I considered LEDs for about 15 minutes but after experiencing every Toyota driver in the area plugging in blue over-wattage LEDs that throw crappy light and scatter badly into oncoming traffic, I decided to stay with halogens for a far superior beam pattern and more effective light temperature.

I bought Silverstars for the low beams, knowing they will last a year and that's the price for brighter halogen beams.

The F150 forums have a lighting section and this is a MAJOR upgrade with much better beam definition and you won't look like a dbag to oncoming drivers.

You might be thinking of Xenon bulbs, they are known for blueish tint and blinding people.

My LEDs are the whitest white and have an incredibly sharp pattern on the top side.  They are 10x easier to adjust than factory which you can't really tell where the center or the edge is for reference.

I had halogens and they were yellowish and only lasted a year.  The people I talked with at the store said that's about what everyone is getting, new lamps every year. 

Time will tell how long the LEDs work, I've had them a bit over a year now.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2021, 08:02:33 AM »
The beamtech LED’s are a homerun for my wife’s flex. 5 minute install, wider and brighter view. Didn’t have to adjust anything based off before/after tape lines on the garage door and test drives with her following me/toward me.
Probably going with the same company for my truck but expecting needed adjustments.

I just ordered some Beamtech bulbs for my wife's Exploder. Hoping they'll help. Her headlights are terrible.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Mossy

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2021, 06:56:01 PM »

I just ordered some Beamtech bulbs for my wife's Exploder. Hoping they'll help. Her headlights are terrible.

Let me know what you think. My wife is still super happy with them

Offline thinkingman

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2021, 09:54:47 PM »

You might be thinking of Xenon bulbs, they are known for blueish tint and blinding people.

My LEDs are the whitest white and have an incredibly sharp pattern on the top side.  They are 10x easier to adjust than factory which you can't really tell where the center or the edge is for reference.

I had halogens and they were yellowish and only lasted a year.  The people I talked with at the store said that's about what everyone is getting, new lamps every year. 

Time will tell how long the LEDs work, I've had them a bit over a year now.

No. I’m thinking of LEDs in halogen housings.
The drivers tell themselves how great they are and people who know laugh and say the higher the K, the less effective they are and in any rain or fog, are useless.
That’s why real fog lights are yellow.
LEDs only work well in housings optimized for LEDs.

I did the research and got excellent light and beam cutoff and other drivers don’t flash me and call me a tool.
Don’t be a Toyota driver.
Get the proper bulbs.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
― Bertrand Russell

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 04:04:01 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw