collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: RV must have items  (Read 7513 times)

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
Re: RV must have items
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2020, 04:01:10 PM »
Handy little items for the fridge, those round, spring loaded extendable curtain rods that extend between 18 - 24" or so. Put them in front of the milk cartons or whatever so things stay put and don't come jumping out at ya when you open the fridge door.

I have to confess and give credit where credit is due. I got that idea from when I was tow boating in Alaska. The cook used those tension rods in the fridge on the tug. Really came in handy. :tup: Been using them since my first camper and now the travel trailer. Thanks Peg!

You can do the same thing if your door latch becomes weak, and you have a lip to tension it between.😉
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline msg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
    • NA
  • Groups: NA
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2020, 04:17:11 PM »
It is critical to keep rv refrigerators level. If it goes out and you open the panel outside and see a yellow sulfur looking powder it is toast. Seven to eight hundred and up for the cooling unit alone. RV repair shops don't want to go that route though. They want to sell you a brand new refrigerator for 2500 and up depending on size. I have a good friend that has always said that RV stands for Ruined Vacation

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2020, 04:26:21 PM »
Take care of the battery, I leave my trailer plugged in, I'm hoping it has a smart charger built in it.  But a tender would be best.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline HUNTINCOUPLE

• Lost Somewhere on the Praire of Klickitat Co. Chasing The Elusive BENCHLEG DEERS.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Yep, my avatar is from my front porch. #2835
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2020, 09:13:09 PM »
Take care of the battery, I leave my trailer plugged in, I'm hoping it has a smart charger built in it.  But a tender would be best.

Be careful with the on board chargers. Some will cook your battery faster than bacon.  For off season while being stored as Carpsniper2  is id disconnect all batteries and plug in Battery Tenders for the winter till the RV is used again. Seems RVs and Boats go hand in hand for maintenance and stuff breaking! :bash:
Slap some bacon on a biscut and lets go, were burrnin daylight!

Most peoples health is a decision not a condition?

Kill your television!  ICEMAN SAID TO!

Life Member of Hunting  Washington  Forum.

Time in the woods is more important than timing the moon.

Offline tbrady

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2020, 09:56:09 AM »
Definitely keep a decent toolkit handy.  I can't think of a single trip where something didn't need to be fixed along the way (partly due to 3 boys roughhousing).  Also, one of the battery powered jump starters.  We are usually in BFE so jumper cables are of no use.  We've only had to use the jump starter once but we would have been screwed without it.  Also keep a small 12v air compressor just in case.  And chains.. and duct tape (if all else fails).   

The best upgrade we ever did was put in lithium coach batteries.  They cost a fortune but if you plan on keeping the RV a long time I think it's worth it.  Since we almost never have hookups the lifepo4 batteries help a ton.  They can charge at 30-50ah so the generator only has to run a little every few days to keep up.  Really helps in natl parks etc...  Plus, our batteries have a built-in bluetooth app so you can see actually what you are drawing and current state of charge.

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2020, 08:31:37 PM »
For sure. I have one of those portable jump start boxes. Tossed a roll of gorilla tape in it. Working on a tool kit.

My uncle introduced me to the black tank cleaning wand today and I am ordering one of those!
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2020, 06:39:44 AM »
You can also dump a couple bags of ice in your black tank and let them slosh around while you are towing. Cleans things up pretty well.

Offline JKEEN33

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2020, 07:26:46 AM »
Must have a good attitude. They can be work and yes there is expense. Take it for what it is and have a great time. We love getting out in ours.

Offline JJB11B

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2020, 07:44:00 AM »
Spare Fuzes, a spray bottle with soap and water for checking propane fittings. some wood blocks (to go along with your jack) leveling blocks I just have the Campco brand ones, I bought 2 sets and they are very nice to have. A good quality hand saw, think firewood cutting in a camp ground.... battery powered lanterns are nice to have as long as you have lots of batteries, I rarely use my propane lanterns now, no mantles to mess with. I bought new folding lawn chairs and a folding table to keep in ours all the time.
"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever."
Shane Falco

Offline lee

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2020, 08:07:48 AM »
You can also dump a couple bags of ice in your black tank and let them slosh around while you are towing. Cleans things up pretty well.

Offline Wake1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2020, 11:38:08 AM »
I second the wood blocks for the jacks. I used 8"X12" beam and cut down to about 12" long. I also stapled some rope to them to make a handle for easier transport. Used two under each jack. Also used a Makita(battery power) with a socket to crank jacks up and down. Outdoor carpet for under awning. Electric heater for when you are camping in parks with electricity. Also carried a couple 2"X6" boards about three or four feet long to drive the trailer onto for leveling.

Offline browney5er

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2020, 09:42:32 PM »
Coors light during the day and Jack and Coke at night, happy camping.
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]