collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Another what do you think he'll score thread, Blacktail  (Read 7826 times)

Offline Buckhunter24

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
Re: Another what do you think he'll score thread, Blacktail
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2020, 05:56:22 PM »
I wouldn't be concerned myself about what he scores. Its a very nice buck. Not a book buck but a nice one just the same. People get too wrapped up in scores instead of just being happy with the animal and meat. :twocents:

:yeah: that is a stud buck

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2020, 06:53:11 PM »
Really great deer, without that 4th point you miss points, I’d say 114 ish. Love those eye guards, I love me some eye guards!!!  Congrats!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Sitka_Blacktail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2020, 08:00:05 PM »
Pretty animal.  But as for score, I'd guess 100-105. I'm basing that off all the Sitka Blacktails I've seen entered in the big buck contest in Kodiak when I lived there. Your buck looks very similar to a lot of the big three points I've seen there. The tines need to be longer to hit 110.  At the time I lived in Kodiak, the Sitka record was 118 and change and it took a nice 4x4 to hit 112 - 115 net.
A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears. ~ Michel de Montaigne

Offline Pete112288

• Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2020, 09:18:32 AM »
Thanks everyone for the input and all. And trust me, at the end of the day I couldn't give half an Inslee about score. Haha, it's all just for kicks for me in that regard. I am just so giddy about this buck in general that I caved and wanted to get some more opinions for my curiosity. I am so beyond happy with this deer. I have a pretty simple "bucket list" when it comes to hunting for my life. 1 respectable buck whitetail and muley. 1 exceptional blacktail cause they are the main obsession in the hunting world. And 1 respectable bull elk (currently at the taxi from the 2019 season).  And this buck for me goes miles beyond what I would have counted towards my bucket list haha.

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2020, 10:27:14 AM »
He's a great buck. 

I'd be giddy too.

:tup: :tup:
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline Pete112288

• Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2021, 10:13:30 PM »
So I got him back. Posted as another thread with pictures.
I measured him out a few times and give or take a few eighths I come up with about 125" gross and 120" net.
Since the sportsman's show seems to be happening this year, I am curious about taking it in to the head & horns booth or whatever to have them score it.
Anyone done that? Do I just stroll through the door with it in hand and take it to the booth or do I have to do something else?
Dont know if I will. Just thought it would be cool.

Offline M_ray

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2021, 10:27:11 PM »
Nice buck!  I was going to guess 114

Yeah I’ve done it a few times all you have to do is take it into the show and go to the s scorers table and you fill out a page with some info like name, date of kill, unit ect... 

The you leave it and they used to give you a pass to get back in to pick it up. Not sure if they still do that or not.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Growing old is mandatory ... Growing up is optional!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal