collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Locked Out by Muckleshoots  (Read 16031 times)

Offline elkrack

• Framer
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Locked Out by Muckleshoots
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2020, 12:07:24 PM »
Better get use to it they are buying land all over with all that gambling money they are raking in!

Buying private ground is one thing but keeping us out of our public land is completely another

Totally agree but it will keep happening because they get away with it
life's tough its tougher if your stupid (john wayne)

If you ain’t first your last☝🏻

Offline elkrack

• Framer
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2020, 12:08:06 PM »
I was wondering why that gate was locked so early and kinda figured it had something to do with the mucks. I would have broke a toothpick off in the lock if I was ur buddy. We need to raise hell and rain the Indians back in here in Washington
tooth pic for sure!!!

Rubber cement!
life's tough its tougher if your stupid (john wayne)

If you ain’t first your last☝🏻

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2020, 12:12:42 PM »
If I was used to going to that location, I would be upset but how is this any different than all the people who complain about trespassers or crossing over someones land to get to the hunting location?    If you took the landowner out of the picture, it looks different

It’s a national forest service road. You can still drive the road if the property around it is private. This isn’t at all a case walking through someone else’s private land to get to public on the other side.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2020, 12:15:34 PM »
If I was used to going to that location, I would be upset but how is this any different than all the people who complain about trespassers or crossing over someones land to get to the hunting location?    If you took the landowner out of the picture, it looks different

It’s a national forest service road. You can still drive the road if the property around it is private. This isn’t at all a case walking through someone else’s private land to get to public on the other side.

Sounds that way.  A public easement paid for by our tax dollars being locked up by indians.  Totally unacceptable.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2020, 12:29:35 PM »
Not sure the forest service is open on mondays or not but if I remember I’ll call tomorrow.  The sad fact is the mucks do what they want to 99% of the time, this is just the start of it, if FS gets more roads gated in that area like they want. And who do you think will get keys!!!!  I’ve never been for destruction of property, but if gates go up on FS lands but only tribal members get keys, F that!  Gates need to be gone!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2020, 04:16:44 PM »

Sounds that way.  A public easement paid for by our tax dollars being locked up by indians.  Totally unacceptable.
That’s what I mean.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline justyhntr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2020, 04:24:29 PM »
The 7010 roads has been closed since last winter, it's my understanding that the road washed out last winter about 5 miles up and the NFS has no plans of repairing it.

Offline Naches Sportsman

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2020, 04:25:44 PM »

That’s what I mean.

Is it a public easement though? I can tell you usfs roads going through old private timber land blocks gets tricky as the forest service in some cases doesn't own that right of way. Timber companies and other landowners are gracious to allow travel through their land but they don't have to if the forest service doesn't own that right of way.

Offline Bango skank

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2020, 04:49:06 PM »
I dont know the road, dont know for sure if it is in fact a public easement, just basing my statement off info provided by op, hence my disclaimer "sounds that way"

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2020, 06:10:10 PM »
The 7010 roads has been closed since last winter, it's my understanding that the road washed out last winter about 5 miles up and the NFS has no plans of repairing it.
That is what i was told.   FS office is open but the people you need to talk to I believe are on a vacation all week.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2020, 06:38:23 PM »
 :dunno:
closed to who? Everyone except the mucks? Even if it was washed out 5 miles up, that’s a long way 5 miles.  Why would a certain group get keys? It’s still BS either way!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2020, 07:34:21 PM »
There are agreememts throughoit the FS and tribes all ovee the country where they get keys to gates because they consider some of the land as traditional hunting land.  Still public land but not available for us to drive on we can still hunt on it.   My Baker district did an agreement a couple years ago.  It sucks. 

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline G.R.K

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2020, 07:45:16 PM »
 :nono:  :mgun:  :mgun2:
Losing is natures' way of saying you suck.

Offline HillHound

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2020, 07:48:15 PM »
Yeah it does. I don’t see why FS land even falls under the definition of free and unclaimed land. It sure is claimed and paid for by us. It would only make sense that they have to use it just like we do with  no special access. They already have open season why give them more advantages.

Offline justyhntr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2020, 07:51:57 PM »
:dunno:
closed to who? Everyone except the mucks? Even if it was washed out 5 miles up, that’s a long way 5 miles.  Why would a certain group get keys? It’s still BS either way!

Let me rephrase that, " closed to vehicle" you can still access through other means, we've been riding bikes and walking. Ya, it irritating, but what has happened  to that area over the last 40 years is far more irritating.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]