collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Locked Out by Muckleshoots  (Read 16053 times)

Offline csaaphill

• Anti Hunters are weird animals.
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Hunting is non-negotiable it's what I do!
  • Groups: G.O.A., Rocky Mountain ELk Foundation
Re: Locked Out by Muckleshoots
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2020, 07:57:52 PM »
Yeah, lots of that around here too but not due to Indians. But Public roads and landowners on the sides say that since they own the land on both sides of the road they gate it off. Either by big swing arm pipeline gates with locks or fenced-off gates, makes me sick can't even drive what is supposed to be public roads. road rights? not sure as it's called but that shouldn't allow you to close off access to public roadways.  :bash:
black cloths ski masks and bolt cutters time I'd say.  :bash:
"When my bow falls, so shall the world. When me heart ceases to pump blood to my body, it will all come crashing down. As a hunter, we are bound by duty, nay, bound by our very soul to this world. When a hunter dies we feel it, we sense it, and the world trembles with sorrow. When I die, so shall the world, from the shock of loosing such a great part of ones soul." Ezekiel, Okeanos Hunter

Online trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2020, 08:10:53 PM »
Ceded lands used to extend into the the park for  the mucks, I bet if they pushed it, they would get to hunt the park!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline lewy

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • IBEW RMEF WSTA WCO NRA
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2020, 08:15:38 PM »
I agree, I’m done watching and putting up with this reverse racism bs in this country on all fronts. I’ll yank the whole CS out. At the rate the FS fixes things it will take two years before it’s replaced. Look at the 7030, instead of fixing the culvert in a few man hours they are letting the creek completely erode and ruin the road. Meanwhile there’s a half dozen worthless POS employees down at the headquarters selling maps and Christmas tree permits and munching on granola instead of doing something productive
Go hawks

Offline Slamadoo

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2020, 11:55:19 AM »
Ya, the whole thing stinks to high heaven. If that road was supposed to be closed for wildlife then why did my buddies downloaded "Christmas Tree Map" show it open at 11 am, but then later that night show it closed? My guess is it was closed without FS knowledge, they received some complaints from hunters and tree cutters, and so they took the path of least resistance and just said it was closed. Easier to just tell everybody its closed than to fight with the tribe.

Bullchit.

I'll try to post the two different maps my buddy downloaded. One from that morning and one from later that night when he got home.

Offline Slamadoo

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2020, 12:01:38 PM »
I also just want to say that maybe I am wrong and maybe the tribe isn't at fault here, but the situation is sure a little fishy. Maybe the FS just screwed up and forgot to post that road system as closed.

If so, my question is why? Thats our public land and we should have access to it.

Something else my buddy mentioned to me, when he was sort of arguing with the Muckleshoot guys. They told him the area was closed due to "garbage" being dumped or something. Certainly doesn't line up with what the FS is telling us.

Online trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2020, 12:06:24 PM »
FS is closed today, they'll get at least one more complaint in the morning. 

Offline Tikka Bird Dog

• birddog
  • Business Sponsor
  • Hunter
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF, Seattle Childrens Cancer Research, Wounded Warrior Project
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2020, 02:03:19 PM »
You can talk all you want about tricky easements, navigating around public vs private land, forest service ground, private timber company ground, what should be gated and what shouldn't be blah blah blah... If you grew up at the base of these foothills in question like many of us have, you know what the reason is. Stop trying to defend those who are to blame. I don't bitch online about the mucks closing off many of my favorite areas to hunt because they bought it, they own it, they can do what they want with it, oh and BTW they did it on our dime. It sucks for sure, but its just how it is. The fact that they have the balls to lock a gate that is CLEARLY state ground that we all pay taxes to support and maintain is complete and udder BULL$ITT!!  :twocents:

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2020, 02:37:59 PM »
If it's the gate right off of the 70 right at the river is on Muckleshoot land.  There is landlocked public behind nearly every mainline in the state.

Online trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2020, 02:42:54 PM »
It’s a forest service road, forest service gate, that leads to forest service land. 

Offline 10thmountainarcher

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2020, 02:44:42 PM »
If it's the gate right off of the 70 right at the river is on Muckleshoot land.  There is landlocked public behind nearly every mainline in the state.

If tax payer dollars are used to build or maintain the road, then it should not be gated with access only to certain groups of people. That is the bottom line. If the road through private was paid for by whomever owns the property then gate away.

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2020, 02:51:48 PM »
Don't the mucks unfortunately own a bunch of land along 410 and the 70 road. Like thousands of acres. Been buying it up for years.?

How long before they close the gate to the 70 road. 

Online trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2020, 02:57:24 PM »
They bought the Hancock property a few years ago.  Pretty sure they can’t gate the 70, most that land past the 7010 is forest service land.  But who knows, they are arrogant enough to try!  They do not own much land past that gate on the river, arrogance by them especially because they know the state won’t do chit!!

Offline pope

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2020, 03:17:38 PM »
Some of the land just behind the gate is part of the tree farm and owned by the tribe. The tribe didn't lock the gate but I assume they have the keys to get to their land. The gate is locked because 7010 is washed out ...one big slide took out the road in three places. I doubt the road will be repaired. Hopefully a gate will be placed where 7010 splits off 7012, and then the gate down by the Greenwater River will be opened every year on May 1st again.

Online trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2020, 03:30:51 PM »
How many miles before the slide, and how much of that land is forest service land?

Offline Russ McDonald

• Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2020, 04:13:26 PM »
Yup the state isn't going to do anything because none of it is their land.  It is either Muckleshoot or federal land so state has no say so.  All forest service offices are closed to the public but people are answering the phones. 

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal