collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Locked Out by Muckleshoots  (Read 16041 times)

Offline pope

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Locked Out by Muckleshoots
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2020, 04:21:55 PM »
How many miles before the slide, and how much of that land is forest service land?

It's about four miles from the gate to the lowest washout. Just below the washout (0.5 miles?), you can see the 7012 splits to the right. A gate there closing the washed-out section of 7010 is a cost-effective solution. Gating all of these roads off down at the Greenwater River is the current "solution". To answer the second question regarding the extent of tribal ownership, I've included an image which shows most of that land is USFS.

Offline sagerat

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2020, 06:10:16 PM »
I agree, I’m done watching and putting up with this reverse racism bs in this country on all fronts. I’ll yank the whole CS out. At the rate the FS fixes things it will take two years before it’s replaced. Look at the 7030, instead of fixing the culvert in a few man hours they are letting the creek completely erode and ruin the road. Meanwhile there’s a half dozen worthless POS employees down at the headquarters selling maps and Christmas tree permits and munching on granola instead of doing something productive

I’m with this guy, yank the CS out!

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2020, 07:31:55 PM »
I agree, I’m done watching and putting up with this reverse racism bs in this country on all fronts. I’ll yank the whole CS out. At the rate the FS fixes things it will take two years before it’s replaced. Look at the 7030, instead of fixing the culvert in a few man hours they are letting the creek completely erode and ruin the road. Meanwhile there’s a half dozen worthless POS employees down at the headquarters selling maps and Christmas tree permits and munching on granola instead of doing something productive

I’m with this guy, yank the CS out!
x2
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2020, 06:22:03 AM »
Just so everyone knows promoting illegal activities is against forum rules.  Tearing out FS gates and cutting locks is illegal. 
Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2020, 06:28:10 AM »
 :yeah: Also isn't it a federal crime to destroy FS gates or locks, that means going to federal court if you get caught?
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2020, 06:47:31 AM »
Like lewy said, it just gets old. Tired of this one sided BS, it always ends up a chit show I know but how the F are we to get along when others shove it in our face because they can and nobody says NO.  These comments I'm sure are mostly hot air, but living life the way we have been told the past year, it gets old and only takes a spark to speak our minds.  Will gates get ripped out, prob not.  If we did what we wanted to do, some of us would be in jail.  But when a certain group shove this bs in our face, yeah, I would have absolutely stuck a tooth pick in that lock, at least it would have made them cut them selves out. At least some inconvenience for their arrogance.  Just tired of this
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2020, 08:00:16 AM »
Just so everyone knows promoting illegal activities is against forum rules.  Tearing out FS gates and cutting locks is illegal.
Do you know it's a USFS gate? What type of locks are on it? I would call the USFS and ask who put the gate up.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2020, 08:10:48 AM »
I'm born and raised in Enumclaw.  I used to buy that WR pass regularly. Haven't hunted it in 7 years or so.  There was two years in a row where Hancock shut down muzzleloader season and opened up for modern firearm.  That was the final straw for me.  Hunting anywhere near home is a constant fight to get away from the crowds, politics, and over-regulation of land.

Offline gutsnthegrass

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2020, 08:28:36 AM »
I'm born and raised in Enumclaw.  I used to buy that WR pass regularly. Haven't hunted it in 7 years or so.  There was two years in a row where Hancock shut down muzzleloader season and opened up for modern firearm.  That was the final straw for me.  Hunting anywhere near home is a constant fight to get away from the crowds, politics, and over-regulation of land.

It gets pretty frustrating when you can't hunt close to home.  Everything seems to be pay to play these days. I grew up hunting Greenwater and the surrounding areas of Enumclaw.  I feel sorry for our kids that can't enjoy what we once used to.  I understand some of it, If it were my land and people were dumping garbage, I would think of closing gates too.  But to close it just because they can seems assinine.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2020, 08:30:33 AM »

It gets pretty frustrating when you can't hunt close to home.  Everything seems to be pay to play these days. I grew up hunting Greenwater and the surrounding areas of Enumclaw.  I feel sorry for our kids that can't enjoy what we once used to.  I understand some of it, If it were my land and people were dumping garbage, I would think of closing gates too.  But to close it just because they can seems assinine.

I don't mind paying at all.  I'll gladly pay a fee.  I just don't like being locked out so one user group can have a better hunting experience when we all paid the same price.

Offline Meathunter06

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Tracker
  • Groups: Hunting Washington Forum
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2020, 08:31:13 AM »
Only if you get caught :chuckle:

Offline logger

• Sourdough
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2020, 10:51:13 AM »
I'm sure I have the key, lets tank trap the *censored* and be done with it
go ahead on er.

Offline logger

• Sourdough
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2020, 10:53:40 AM »
Elbe hills are locked out under the disguise of a escapement area, 6 tribes have keys.
go ahead on er.

Offline nwmein199

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2020, 10:59:17 AM »
Elbe hills are locked out under the disguise of a escapement area, 6 tribes have keys.

I have spent a ton of time (year round) up there over the past 12 years and never seen anyone go in the seasonal gates in elbe hills besides disabled hunters.

Do tribes get keys to all gates on public land?

Offline logger

• Sourdough
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2020, 11:07:28 AM »

I have spent a ton of time (year round) up there over the past 12 years and never seen anyone go in the seasonal gates in elbe hills besides disabled hunters.

Do tribes get keys to all gates on public land?
we need to go on a field trip then!! we logged all winter up there and it was non stop after the regular season, as well as during
go ahead on er.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10