collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hanson Fish Co Winter Group Buy 2020  (Read 36413 times)

Offline 92xj

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
  • Kill 'em
Re: Hanson Fish Co Winter Group Buy 2020
« Reply #165 on: December 22, 2020, 08:33:38 AM »
Thanks for the effort and amazing product Chris!

"If you have to be crazy to hunt ducks, I do not wish to be sane."

Offline Skillet

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #166 on: December 22, 2020, 08:36:04 AM »

It's been a day... Your ready for a refill yet?  :chuckle:
KABOOM Count - 1

"The ocean is calling, and I must go."

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #167 on: December 22, 2020, 08:38:20 AM »
92 - you've had that stuff for at least 12 hours.  Where's the instagram post??  :chuckle:

Offline 92xj

• Frontiersman
  • Kill 'em
« Reply #168 on: December 22, 2020, 10:17:13 AM »
92 - you've had that stuff for at least 12 hours.  Where's the instagram post??  :chuckle:

I @ed you on my wife's post....

Offline 92xj

• Frontiersman
  • Kill 'em
« Reply #169 on: December 22, 2020, 10:20:32 AM »

It's been a day... Your ready for a refill yet?  :chuckle:

Pretty much!!

5 halibut pieces and 1 cod piece are gone from dinner last night.
Tackling the king in a few more hours, almost thawed enough.

I'm thinking by March 1st everything will be gone  :bash:

On a side note, I might have a father in law that will cruise with you to fish for a week whenever you make the journey on the boat again.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #170 on: December 22, 2020, 10:24:46 AM »
Thanks Chris and Curtis for dredging the bottom of the freezer and finding me some scallops!
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline Skillet

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #171 on: December 22, 2020, 11:23:29 AM »
Thanks Chris and Curtis for dredging the bottom of the freezer and finding me some scallops!

Curtis told you those were scallops??  I handed BB 5# of extra large white Power Bait pellets...
KABOOM Count - 1

"The ocean is calling, and I must go."

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #172 on: December 22, 2020, 12:47:29 PM »

Curtis told you those were scallops??  I handed BB 5# of extra large white Power Bait pellets...
A little Garlic and hot butter and they'll shake out fine  :chuckle:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline emac

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #173 on: December 22, 2020, 01:41:25 PM »
Thanks again for doing this. Was great to meet you and look forward to enjoying the goodies.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Offline b0bbyg

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #174 on: December 22, 2020, 04:02:43 PM »
Great meeting you last night! Looking forward to eating some Halibut soon!
In God we trust, all others bring cash.

Do not say, Why were the old days better than these? For it is not wise to ask such questions.
Ecclesiastes 7 10

Offline Buckmark

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #175 on: December 22, 2020, 04:25:21 PM »
Well folks, the HFC 2020 sale is a wrap!  It was great seeing all of you again, and I really enjoyed my Tour De Washington this year.  Thanks to everybody for the extra effort to come out to meet me (I know I'm not quite Amazon Prime here!), and a special thanks to those of you that offered to feed, beer, and house me along the way.  :tup:

A couple of notes on the trip -

I was contacted by a WDFW officer along the way about the sale, and I have to say I was very impressed with his approach to my business in WA.  I interact with a lot of LEO in my fishing business as a matter of course (mostly USCG, NOAA, and AKDFG enforcement), but this encounter was easy, helpful, and educational.

I can't believe I did this without a freezer trailer last year.  Wouldn't have been possible to do the volume we did this year without it. Looks like I'll be buying a freezer trailer or maybe small freezer truck soon. If anybody knows of one coming up for sale, let me know.

I'm also looking to expand my WA operations a bit, and looking at potentially locating a base of operations on the I-5 corridor somewhere between Mount Vernon and the King County line.  If anybody knows of a small commercial property in that area I'd be interested in taking about it.

An extra special thank you, and producer credit, goes to @ctwiggs1 . He was instrumental in making this thing go this year.  His push to move to the web-based ordering through my website was key to keeping things organized.  Thanks man  :tup:

Thanks a lot for yet another successful sale HuntWa!   :tup:

Chris
Once again, and can't be said enough Thanks Chris for doing this.

So a funny little story about the bolded above, if anyone does not think WDFW monitors this site they did not just happen to be there when Chris showed up, they knew where and when.
So I get there right at the start time, spy Chris and his rig in the parking lot and notice someone talking to him, yep the WDFW, so i pull in and park to wait out what's happening.
After a few minutes a few more members show up so we get out and are B'sing as Chris bribes the fuzz  ;)
He gets the all clear to procced and gets to it, as i am waiting my turn i notice a member i knew from the last fish buy so i mosey over and make small talk, right about then a gal from coastal bank which was right by us wanders over and says " hey we over at the bank have been watching and wondering what's going on?", without missing a beat i blurt out "we are buying drugs" and shes says "we thought so with a laugh" and i reply "delicious drugs"  :chuckle:
To hunt and butcher an animal is to recognize that meat is not some abstract form of protein that springs into existence tightly wrapped in cellophane and styrofoam.

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #176 on: December 23, 2020, 07:44:52 AM »

Hey its all the same to me!  :chuckle: i didnt even know what scallops were before karl asked me to pick them up.

It was nice to meet you and i need to pay better attention to your next sale. The wife said we need some salmon!

Offline RB

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #177 on: December 23, 2020, 10:30:06 AM »
I'm also looking to expand my WA operations a bit, and looking at potentially locating a base of operations on the I-5 corridor somewhere between Mount Vernon and the King County line.  If anybody knows of a small commercial property in that area I'd be interested in taking about it.

Thank you again, had shrimp one night and Halibut night before last and excellent as always! If you are looking at commercial space check out the Arlington/ Smokey Point area it is growing exponentially and there is literally millions of square feet of new commercial space going in. In fact Amazon will be starting a 2.2 million square foot facility soon and there are multiple builds going on currently, including multi-story apartment and retirement complexes.
IAFF #3728

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #178 on: December 23, 2020, 11:47:56 AM »
Someone needs to figure out how to get him a microwave in the front of his truck for "Zippymart Burritos and the Gas Station jerky" he feasts on while is doing this.   :chuckle:

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #179 on: December 23, 2020, 11:51:02 AM »

Thank you again, had shrimp one night and Halibut night before last and excellent as always! If you are looking at commercial space check out the Arlington/ Smokey Point area it is growing exponentially and there is literally millions of square feet of new commercial space going in. In fact Amazon will be starting a 2.2 million square foot facility soon and there are multiple builds going on currently, including multi-story apartment and retirement complexes.

That was my thought too.  A huge commercial complex just opened by Nutty's at the old lumber mill.  That should also open some existing spaces at the airport that are likely lower rent.  Tons of commercial places of all sizes in the area.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]