collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WTB entry level compound bow  (Read 1274 times)

Offline thinkingman

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
Re: WTB entry level compound bow
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2020, 09:50:03 PM »
The Diamond Infinite Edge is a great bow.
My son got one at 5’ 110 lbs now he’s 6’ 210 lbs and it still shoots great!
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
― Bertrand Russell

Offline Huntnfish89

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Re: WTB entry level compound bow
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2020, 12:05:13 AM »
So I ended up picking up a Diamond Edge Sb-1 from Spokane Valley Archery. My wife wanted to surprise me with a Christmas/graduation present so she prefered that I buy something new. I ended up paying $480 for the bow package, 12 arrows, case, and a true fire release. After getting it all set up, it feels good. I figure I can upgrade sights, quiver, etc along the way, and in time upgrade the bow and swap everything over to that.

Now all I need is a decent target, and have been looking at releases. I tried out a Scott hook style (similar to the ghost)  release at the other shop that I much prefer to the closed "jaw" type.

In hindsight, I underestimated my draw weight and assumed that I would need  a lower weight making me think that I needed a broader range of adjustability. Right now it is set up at 50lbs which I can draw back without much effort. I will probably keep it set at that for the time being so that I can develop good form and habits, before upping the weight.  All in all I am happy with the set up.

Unfortunately "Santa" is holding the everything hostage until Christmas day, so I'll have to wait a few weeks to really test it out.

* Advertisement