collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: DNR needs to fix ther mess  (Read 7962 times)

Offline bbarnes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
    • Mt Saint Helens Rescue .com
DNR needs to fix ther mess
« on: December 02, 2020, 01:46:24 PM »
Any one who has been up the 83 rd,has seen it !!!!!!!! I'm all for clear cutting minus  the chemical, but the way they left our public land is criminal,dangerous and wasteful.i urge all members to voice there concerns,to the forester in this regin,also the forest practice board.In my opion its a forest fire waiting to happen and our tax dollars can't affod to pay for it.IF ITS A JOB WORTH DOING ITS A JOB WORTH DOING WELL!!!!!!!!!

Offline millerwheeler

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Get out and put some miles on those boots
Re: DNR needs to fix ther mess
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 01:58:07 PM »
Take any pictures ??

Offline Buckhunter24

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 02:13:36 PM »
Imo the dnr does a nice job with their timber program. There may be a piling contract out for bid if there is slash left in the unit. The majority I see are whole tree skidded with landing piles burned though.

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 02:17:56 PM »
I've heard it is left like that for fish.  The slash and deadwood are supposed to slow down the water so it seeps down through the ground as opposed to flowing over the top.
Agree it's pretty crazy.  Trying to walk through DNR clear cuts can be a real chore.  Then you walk through a timber company cut and just coast right through--no tripping, tearing out pants, twisting a knee, etc.

Offline logger

• Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2020, 02:35:53 PM »
whats the name of the timber sale? isn't the 83 f.s?
go ahead on er.

Offline Naches Sportsman

• Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2020, 03:32:46 PM »
Let's see a pic of what you are complaining about. There are a lot of facets of logging operations and forestry many do not have knowledge about.

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2020, 03:43:30 PM »
Most likely, they will get around to cleaning it up just going to be awhile.

Offline buckcanyonlodge

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
    • Buck Canyon Lodge
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2020, 03:58:53 PM »
State land down by fruitland was logged several years ago. What a mess. I found piles of good logs left in the woods away from the piles...they cut them and forgot to take them out. then the genius in charge went in and cut down all the trees from pencil size to full size trees to trim out the mistletoe. I mean they cut everything.  Even fir trees and trees not infected.They had inmates from Airway heights do the job. You still can not walk through where they logged. Animals completely stay out of the area. Lucky nothing has started a fire in the area as there would be no controlling it with all the material left on the forest floor.
Thanks for all for your past support...We officially pulled the plug and have retired from the Biz. Still dabble a little in real estate.
Call Westergard Real Estate  for your REAL ESTATE needs in the Tri-County area. Hunting/Recreational or retirement properties. Tri County Area 509-722-3949

Offline bbarnes

• Longhunter
    • Mt Saint Helens Rescue .com
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2020, 06:22:33 PM »
If the weather stays nice I will get drone video,and photos.I'm not sure if it will do it justice.The amount of timber left behind and no firewood permits,not to mention the destroyed all roads.Its vitually impossible to walk into,Not to mention the amount of fuel left on the ground.All it will take is a lightning strike,or antifa and its over.I personally don't want my public lands left that way.

Offline cougforester

• Longhunter
  • Groups: DU, RMEF
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2020, 06:25:23 PM »
Tagging along. Very curious as to how this actually looks.

Offline High Climber

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2020, 06:31:12 PM »
Any one who has been up the 83 rd,has seen it !!!!!!!! I'm all for clear cutting minus  the chemical, but the way they left our public land is criminal,dangerous and wasteful.i urge all members to voice there concerns,to the forester in this regin,also the forest practice board.In my opion its a forest fire waiting to happen and our tax dollars can't affod to pay for it.IF ITS A JOB WORTH DOING ITS A JOB WORTH DOING WELL!!!!!!!!!

Where is the 83 rd?

Offline hughjorgan

• Sourdough
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2020, 06:48:04 PM »
If the weather stays nice I will get drone video,and photos.I'm not sure if it will do it justice.The amount of timber left behind and no firewood permits,not to mention the destroyed all roads.Its vitually impossible to walk into,Not to mention the amount of fuel left on the ground.All it will take is a lightning strike,or antifa and its over.I personally don't want my public lands left that way.

Just a thought but have you called the DNR and inquired about this cut?

Offline Buckhunter24

• Sourdough
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2020, 07:10:15 PM »
Your descriptions are pretty far off from the dnr cuts I've seen and I've seen a lot of them. I looked at your post history and you seem to complain a lot. Post those pictures and you'll get some feedback with an explanation. What you're describing sounds like an active job, that either you didn't see the equipment or they pulled off for a bit and will be back to complete.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2020, 07:10:57 PM »
Can you give me section, township, and range, so I can look it up?

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2020, 08:01:42 PM »
Your descriptions are pretty far off from the dnr cuts I've seen and I've seen a lot of them. I looked at your post history and you seem to complain a lot. Post those pictures and you'll get some feedback with an explanation. What you're describing sounds like an active job, that either you didn't see the equipment or they pulled off for a bit and will be back to complete.
Could it be region or side of the state?  Of the DNR cuts on the peninsula that I've been in, many are really tough to walk through.  They leave lots of trees spread around standing for birds, and about half blow down in the first year.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal