collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Ritzville Buck Tag 2021  (Read 6747 times)

Online outdooraddict

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
Re: Ritzville Buck Tag 2021
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2020, 02:16:49 PM »
i have been trying to draw this tag too, i think a person could shoot a dandy, it does not specify Ritzville, thats just the name of the tag, it is the 284 gmu

Offline Jimmy33

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2020, 02:30:05 PM »
If it’s a tag you end up drawing, feel free to shoot me a pm for some private land info.
Thank you...I appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation.
He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior—
    from violent people you save me.

Offline dvolmer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2020, 04:41:04 PM »
Washtucna and Hooper are my old stomping grounds.  Did all of my deer hunting there in the 1980's-2000's If you draw the tag let me know and I can share a little bit of info with you.  My hunting partner was born in Hooper and his posterity is from there.  Most of the good hunting is all private but with the late tag you could get some access.  If you are willing to pay a little trespass fee you might be able to hunt some great areas that you would def not have any access opportunity during the normal modern rifle hunt.  If you concentrate your hunt towards the later part of that season, you should get some good rut activity.  My brother,  son, and my daughter have all drawn the tag in the past 10 years.  Once again, if you get drawn, I could steer you towards a few options.
Zonk Volmer

Offline LDennis24

• Bear poker
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2020, 05:43:28 PM »
Looks like you have some help but I just haven't seen a buck worth using points up on in that GMU... I worked for McGregor and hauled chemical all over the place and just never saw anything that wowed me. They are out there, you just have alot of area to cover to find them and not alot of public land options so hopefully you find some private ground to hunt on.

Offline Jimmy33

• Longhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2020, 06:46:15 PM »
Washtucna and Hooper are my old stomping grounds.  Did all of my deer hunting there in the 1980's-2000's If you draw the tag let me know and I can share a little bit of info with you.  My hunting partner was born in Hooper and his posterity is from there.  Most of the good hunting is all private but with the late tag you could get some access.  If you are willing to pay a little trespass fee you might be able to hunt some great areas that you would def not have any access opportunity during the normal modern rifle hunt.  If you concentrate your hunt towards the later part of that season, you should get some good rut activity.  My brother,  son, and my daughter have all drawn the tag in the past 10 years.  Once again, if you get drawn, I could steer you towards a few options.
Awesome...thank you sir.
“The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation.

Offline Jimmy33

• Longhunter
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2020, 06:46:59 PM »
Looks like you have some help but I just haven't seen a buck worth using points up on in that GMU... I worked for McGregor and hauled chemical all over the place and just never saw anything that wowed me. They are out there, you just have alot of area to cover to find them and not alot of public land options so hopefully you find some private ground to hunt on.

Thank you for the reply...I appreciate your input.

Offline ELKBURGER

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2020, 11:39:54 AM »
I have toyed around with the idea of putting in for the special permit there. I've been hunting that unit during general without seeing any monsters. I'm sure November might bring out the bigger bucks.

Offline DOUBLELUNG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2020, 01:09:25 PM »
My first season in Wenatchee (2002) I caught my one and only case in Washington of a nonresident hunting on a resident license.  I was working at a commercial meat processor to collect samples for CWD testing surveillance when a large sedan rolled in with CA plates, popped the trunk and unloaded a really nice buck, about 25" with mass and trash.  He gave a name and an East Wenatchee address, it was an odd name that was a pretty common last name minus a letter.  I took down the plate number and made a call to one of the F&W LEOs, who was able to confirm the gentleman was a bonafide California resident with the common last name, and was able to track him down at the East Wenatchee address and arrest him on a couple of charges and relieve him of his poached deer.

I mention this because the deer was killed in GMU 284 (on private land).
As long as we have the habitat, we can argue forever about who gets to kill what and when.  No habitat = no game.

Offline Rutnbuxnbulls

• Scout
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2020, 03:10:36 PM »
A contractor on the project I was working on killed a couple nice muley bucks with his buddy.  Regular season rifle bucks.  Both deer were respectable and had some age to them.  I would think you should have plenty of time to figure things out by next season.

Offline finnman

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Sourdough
  • I gotcha where I want ya, now I'm gonna eat ya!
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2020, 07:24:38 PM »
We had the tag in 2004. All three of us took bucks off the Blankenship ground north of Washtucna. While scouting we saw some good bucks over on Rock creek BLM. We als had permission from the ranch just west of the BLM land, but we all filled our tags at Blankenships, good ground lots of deer and we missed a huge whitetail buck.

Offline Jimmy33

• Longhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2020, 07:48:36 PM »
We had the tag in 2004. All three of us took bucks off the Blankenship ground north of Washtucna. While scouting we saw some good bucks over on Rock creek BLM. We als had permission from the ranch just west of the BLM land, but we all filled our tags at Blankenships, good ground lots of deer and we missed a huge whitetail buck.
Thanks for the info.

Offline Jimmy33

• Longhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2020, 07:49:05 PM »
A contractor on the project I was working on killed a couple nice muley bucks with his buddy.  Regular season rifle bucks.  Both deer were respectable and had some age to them.  I would think you should have plenty of time to figure things out by next season.
I think so too...just love to talk about it during the offseason

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]