collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Crappy way to end the season  (Read 7843 times)

Online WapitiTalk1

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA, US Army (R)
Re: Crappy way to end the season
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2020, 01:41:49 PM »
What a fricking loser.  I hope he’s not breeding and spreading those genes.
Darton Archery Maverick II
Traditions Vortek StrikeFire Smoke Pole
Weatherby VG-2 Boomstick
"Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions." Patrick F. McManus

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2020, 02:37:20 PM »
I'd would camp there and wait
I would hunt there every minute till the end of the season .
But the one thing I would not do is give up
Screw them hunt it anyway.
Maybe it's just me ,I don't know.
There's probably more stuff I would do but
Not hunting is not one of them.
Basicly by not hunting you are letting them win.
It's just the way I am or the northeast Washington in me.
To tell ya guys the truth I'm probably one of those pos people,but I don't steal,and I don't $!#@ on people stuff.But when it comes to public land I don't care where you park,where you walk,where you sit,if my plan was to hunt there for the day and I'm there at day break then I guess we are hunting together weather you like it or not.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 02:43:56 PM by hunter399 »
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline kisfish

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: nra
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2020, 02:44:05 PM »
That sucks. I second the karma thing. It will serve up a big one for them...

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Old Salt
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2020, 02:50:29 PM »
No excuse for that behavior, none.   

I don’t leave any trace because here is what I assume:
Some cricker and his family have been hunting an area since their grandad shot one eons ago.   They hunted it last year and will next year.  They show up and some newbie has erected a damn blind right in the middle of their legacy prime hallowed hunting area.  And abandoned it !   Well damng!  They don’t want to see it next year.  So they send a message by trashing it. 

You got the message. 

Again no excuse for that behavior just sharing what I always assume will happen with any stand/blind/camera.  Someones been hunting any area for decades.

Of course usually the perpetrators are just dirtbags out stealing, drugging or dumping trash.

Offline Gentrys

• Business Sponsor
  • Scout
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2020, 03:43:10 PM »
Sorry to hear it.  Some people suck.   If they've been in there twice to destroy your setup, they'll be back again.  Put up a few more cameras.  Once you have some pics of them, then post the pics at the gates.

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2020, 04:36:34 PM »
I think someone posted a very similar story recently  with cams down in the vail area.. human crap and everything. Wonder if it’s related..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline huntnfmly

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2020, 05:23:32 PM »
Sorry to hear you had to go through that some people really suck and don’t deserve oxygen
As said earlier 1 of the best Type of revenge would be to continue to hunt there you put all that time into it and stick one of those elk
The other revenge which is more fitting for people like that consists of a deep hole and bags of lime
I'm your dam tour guide Arnie please don’t wonder off the dam tour.
Take as many dam pictures as you want ....
Are there any dam questions ..

Offline Bareback

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2020, 05:42:54 PM »
Sorry to hear it.  Some people suck.   If they've been in there twice to destroy your setup, they'll be back again.  Put up a few more cameras.  Once you have some pics of them, then post the pics at the gates.

This stuff sucks! I second the return with more cams. Find out who it is. Your pic in the A.M. is a good start. The really sad part of this, I find myself putting up cams to get pics of people more then animals and that just shouldn’t be.

Imho, hunt more!

Offline elksnout

• Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2020, 07:17:34 PM »
This is on my refrigerator door....

I didn't create this.
I can't control this.
I cannot fix this. 

And this I will take to my grave. I'll never understand why some people can be so cruel. Sorry for your situation.

Elksnout
Can't we all just get along?

Offline Damnimissed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2020, 09:45:28 PM »
I think someone posted a very similar story recently  with cams down in the vail area.. human crap and everything. Wonder if it’s related..

Sounds like we’ve got a serial sh**ter on our hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MAVsled

• MAV-HNTR
  • Scout
    • https://www.facebook.com/MavHntr
    • MAV's Outdoor Adventures
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2020, 03:48:43 PM »
A learning experience for you.

I worry just about leaving locked Reconyx game cams.

Hancock-North Bend had a drive access pass 10 years ago, for a few years.
I put together a natural blind on trail intersection, leading into a clear cut. One day, walked in for afternoon>dusk archery sit and the entire natural blind was destroyed, ripped apart. Boot tracks, toilet paper, excrement within my sit area. Was disappointed as it was a good blind for 2 years. But not out any $$$, just time. Oh well, the trails were getting over grown anyways.

Went back couple years ago, just to scout the old stand area. Private property-no trespass signs had been put into place. So Hancock must have sold some that land.

would never leave a pop-up blind or treestand that I packed in. For the reasons you experienced.

Offline NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2020, 05:51:06 PM »

:yeah:      D Bags suck!
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline RadioSquatch713

• Tracker
  • Groups: WaGuns
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2020, 11:53:33 AM »
I know this post is going to come off as a rant, but only because I’ve worked my a$$ off this year, getting in pretty great shape, put in over 200 miles on my boots between scouting, Oregon archery, west side muzzy, and modern deer for me and my boy.  I’ve lived in OnX and have eaten more dehydrated meals than in any year past by far.  It’s been a blast, but I hated what I ran into yesterday so much that I’m calling it good for the year.  I’ve got the walk in pass for the Vail and have been hitting a few spots pretty heavily a mile or two behind a closed gate.  I set up a blind early season to watch a nice trail and missed a bull back in October.  Cows and spikes had been in there last week pretty regularly so was excited to hunt the blind this week.  Sunday my blind looked to be blown over and one of my fiberglass poles was shattered.  Figured it was the wind.  Fixed it and secured everything really well.  Well yesterday I go walking in and find my blind standing, but now both poles are shattered, my cheap shooting sticks and Walmart camp chair are gone and I’ve got gashes all over my blind.  It’s trashed.  Fresh tire tracks leaving the scene (in a non-motorized area).  People are garbage.  To cap it all off, they took a dump inside my ruined blind.  Not the way I wanted to end, but I packed up the remnants and I think I’m calling it.  Tag soup but I learned a lot- good and bad.

Mind if I ask where on vail? You can DM me if you want to keep the info private my house backs a walk in only area on vail and I had someone screw with my game camera on my property.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2020, 02:12:12 PM »
That does suck. Sorry for your misfortune.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Lumpy Taters

• Hunter
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2020, 10:45:06 AM »
This is one of my biggest fears with leaving my stuff and or vehicle sitting somewhere.  Some people were not raised right!!  One of the big problems with the timber company permits is there is little or no enforcement of the rules.  Too many people have other keys and are not shy about using them or letting copies get made.  Too many trails that aren't blocked off.  The real losers in all of this are those of us that follow the rules.    Hopefully by the time next season rolls around you will be refreshed and ready to go back after the big one again. 

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal