collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Scopes for 2021 WA Muzzleloader season?  (Read 117915 times)

Offline dilleytech

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Scopes for 2021 WA Muzzleloader season?
« Reply #165 on: January 05, 2021, 12:20:18 PM »
Why not just use these?

Another good option we allready have. But still nothing when compared to a scope. One common complaint with the fine front globe site is use in low light situations.

Offline BigTines

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #166 on: January 05, 2021, 01:28:22 PM »
I think it’s great WDFW wants to allow 1x scopes. Nearly every other state in the country allows magnification scopes so it’s about time we move that direction.

Online Mtnwalker

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #167 on: January 05, 2021, 01:42:06 PM »
I think it’s great WDFW wants to allow 1x scopes. Nearly every other state in the country allows magnification scopes so it’s about time we move that direction.

Except California, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Parts of New Mexico... But Utah and Arizona allow it where you get a bull tag once every 20 years so lets do that!

Offline LDennis24

• Bear poker
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #168 on: January 05, 2021, 02:10:09 PM »
I say we allow crossbows for everyone during bow season too!  Why not?

Offline dilleytech

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #169 on: January 05, 2021, 02:46:07 PM »
I say we allow pistols in bow season. Rifles in muzzleloader season and leg snares in rifle. After all some guys eye are getting old. With a snare you wouldn’t even have to see the animal.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #170 on: January 05, 2021, 02:50:18 PM »
I say we allow pistols in bow season. Rifles in muzzleloader season and leg snares in rifle. After all some guys eye are getting old. With a snare you wouldn’t even have to see the animal.
How does it go? "If you don't like pistols in now season don't use them."
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline BigTines

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #171 on: January 05, 2021, 03:31:50 PM »

Exactly. So 44/50 states allow scopes. Like I said, nearly every other state allows them. Thanks for proving my point.

Except California, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Parts of New Mexico... But Utah and Arizona allow it where you get a bull tag once every 20 years so lets do that!

Offline BreezyBear

• Scout
  • RMEF Life Member
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #172 on: January 05, 2021, 03:42:33 PM »

Exactly. So 44/50 states allow scopes. Like I said, nearly every other state allows them. Thanks for proving my point.

Perfect summery for this thread  :tup:

Online Mtnwalker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #173 on: January 05, 2021, 04:04:19 PM »

That's out of the 10-11 states that I consider as being somewhat relevant in the western hunting world, I have no idea how many of the eastern private land dominated, pay-to-play states allow them, nor do I care. I don't find it a coincidence that whenever I think "man I wish hunting in WA was a bit more like (insert state here), that most of those states happen to not allow scopes. I'd rather WA be more like Idaho than Iowa

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #174 on: January 05, 2021, 04:04:35 PM »

Nah. As usual comparing states rules is under/misinformed or disingenuous. Cherry picking method of take or seasons without taking into consideration game numbers, hunter numbers, season length, etc. is asinine.

I don't WDFW cares one way or the other but they are certainly influenced by the squeaky wheel who usually lobbies to make things easier for them.
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline pd

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #175 on: January 05, 2021, 04:48:51 PM »
This thread has gone bonkers.  What a huge button got pushed for the muzzleloader crowd.

If I have to vote, I am in favor of a 1X scope that will allow me to shoot 300 yards.  For the record, even with my 4 - 12x scope on my .30-06, I still can't see that well.  Must be some Swaro glass in that 1X.  Not sure I can afford that.

:hello:
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #176 on: January 05, 2021, 05:12:41 PM »

Nah. As usual comparing states rules is under/misinformed or disingenuous. Cherry picking method of take or seasons without taking into consideration game numbers, hunter numbers, season length, etc. is asinine.

I don't WDFW cares one way or the other but they are certainly influenced by the squeaky wheel who usually lobbies to make things easier for them.
I agree...I think wdfw is doing this to show some squeaky wheels where hunters stand on the matter.  If they get 80% public opposition, they can go back to these groups and say, sorry - hunters don't want this change.  I don't think its any desire of wdfw to allow scopes or not allow scopes.
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline Tenkara

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #177 on: January 05, 2021, 05:21:22 PM »
This thread has gone bonkers.  What a huge button got pushed for the muzzleloader crowd.

If I have to vote, I am in favor of a 1X scope that will allow me to shoot 300 yards.  For the record, even with my 4 - 12x scope on my .30-06, I still can't see that well.  Must be some Swaro glass in that 1X.  Not sure I can afford that.

:hello:
Imagine the possibilities with a 4x scope. Lol.  :sry:

Online carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #178 on: January 05, 2021, 05:36:12 PM »
Not that it matters but I have had a few conversations with someone who is apart of these rule changes for wdfw. It sounds like a very large majority of the people are in favor of this. He made it sound like there is a solid possibility of it passing.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline Mr Mykiss

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #179 on: January 05, 2021, 05:40:11 PM »
Oh might I also add that all you young guys ARE going to get old Too, and $h!ts gonna get fuzzy for you When you try and line up an animal someday.  ;)
There will be no animals/hunting in WA when things get fuzzy for me...
It is hard to follow one great vision in a world of darkness and of many changing shadows. Among these shadows men get lost.
-Black Elk

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal