collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Scopes for 2021 WA Muzzleloader season?  (Read 117930 times)

Offline Tenkara

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Scopes for 2021 WA Muzzleloader season?
« Reply #300 on: January 14, 2021, 12:31:01 PM »
Didn't somebody in this thread already contact Vortex about it who said they'd be happy to put one into production?

Yeah someone mentioned that earlier in the thread.

It should be noted that Vortex also previously made a crossfire II in 1x24. So they have manufactured them before this time.
This is correct, but good luck finding one.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #301 on: January 14, 2021, 12:36:43 PM »
Ya, can you show us a 1x scope with turrets or bdc reticle please ?    :dunno:
show me a 1x scope without electronics period  :dunno: with new laws come new innovation.  When this passes, the optics industry will respond.

Do you really think the optics industry is going to respond for washingtons miniscule muzzle loader hunt  :o

They did for utah when utah had the same rule.
  this 100%. The industry absolutely will do just this.  There is about to be a whole bunch of folks shopping for a new 1x optic. Why would they not tune up a new scope to meet that demand.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #302 on: January 14, 2021, 12:46:34 PM »
Also vortex has in the past customized existing scopes to be 1x. I know of a member here who used a 1x vortex pst on a utah hunt a few years ago. Im assuming they would continue that as well.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #303 on: January 14, 2021, 12:57:40 PM »
Leupold probably would since they're in Oregon just across the river from Washington.

Offline Tenkara

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #304 on: January 14, 2021, 01:13:45 PM »
Does anyone have a number on how many muzzleloader hunters are in Washington?  It seems to be split about 50/50 on who would or wouldn't use a scope.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Explorer
« Reply #305 on: January 14, 2021, 01:29:01 PM »
Does anyone have a number on how many muzzleloader hunters are in Washington?  It seems to be split about 50/50 on who would or wouldn't use a scope.
I think you are a bit off there. I absolutely don't want scopes in muzzleloader but if it passes ill be putting one on and I think most others who appose the idea would at well. Id love to get rid of inlines as well but im sure not gonna intentionally hamstring myself just because. I love muzzleloading for the seasons and opportunities (just like archery), not for the love of a more primitive weapon. I wanna keep those seasons and opportunities.  As technology advances with these primitive weapons, opportunities diminish  :twocents:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #306 on: January 14, 2021, 01:36:40 PM »
Ill be mostly surprised if a new line of 1x scopes hit the market (all be it pleasantly), however I dont advocate for it neither will I knowingly put myself at an unnecessary disadvantage.

Offline Tenkara

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #307 on: January 14, 2021, 01:42:04 PM »
I think you are a bit off there. I absolutely don't want scopes in muzzleloader but if it passes ill be putting one on and I think most others who appose the idea would at well. Id love to get rid of inlines as well but im sure not gonna intentionally hamstring myself just because. I love muzzleloading for the seasons and opportunities (just like archery), not for the love of a more primitive weapon. I wanna keep those seasons and opportunities.  As technology advances with these primitive weapons, opportunities diminish  :twocents:
I'm surprised that being so against it you would use one if it passes, if you cant beat them join them i guess.

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #308 on: January 14, 2021, 01:44:49 PM »
How did the last reply not clear that up for you?
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline Tenkara

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #309 on: January 14, 2021, 02:41:06 PM »
Because I'm not going to do something  idont agree with just because its ok to do so.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Explorer
« Reply #310 on: January 14, 2021, 03:18:48 PM »
Because I'm not going to do something  idont agree with just because its ok to do so.
did you not read my post? Its got nothing to do with tradition and everything to do with seasons. Muzzleloaders are the best seasons there is. That will change as optics enter the game.

Offline Tenkara

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #311 on: January 14, 2021, 03:34:51 PM »
did you not read my post? Its got nothing to do with tradition and everything to do with seasons. Muzzleloaders are the best seasons there is. That will change as optics enter the game.
Yes I read your post, and I respect your opinion,  I also wasn't trying  to get in an argument just because I don't agree with you on this topic. My point is if something I don't agree with is ok I'm not going to do it .

Offline Alan K

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
  • University of Idaho Alumni
« Reply #312 on: January 14, 2021, 05:00:56 PM »

Bingo, same boat I'm in. The only problem is WDFW won't trim seasons back, and game populations will continue downward.

Offline Alan K

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
  • University of Idaho Alumni
« Reply #313 on: January 14, 2021, 05:13:10 PM »
There were roughly 14k muzzleloader elk tags sold in 2019 in WA. Say even just 25% would buy a scope. That's 3500 scopes, made in China for $150, sold here for $350, 30% taxes, a scope manufacturer would be looking at $140 margins. That's nearly 500k for the company that makes one.  The only extra cost in R&D would be the engineer sitting on the computer for a day or two removing the magnification from one of their existing scope bodies. Why wouldn't a company make the leap?

Offline 253shotgunner

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: NRA, GSSF, TSC
« Reply #314 on: January 14, 2021, 05:31:56 PM »
21 pages? Is that some kind of record for scopes on muzzies?  8)
Make 1x scopes legal on muzzies and they will be back on the market:
Thompson Center Rifle Scope 1X32Mm, 1" Tube, Matte Black
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JP4K4S/?coliid=IDWHN9EXAI55M&colid=35DDBR50MXREO&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Turkey Geek

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal