collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Scopes for 2021 WA Muzzleloader season?  (Read 117860 times)

Offline millerwheeler

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Get out and put some miles on those boots
Re: Scopes for 2021 WA Muzzleloader season?
« Reply #435 on: February 14, 2021, 12:02:05 AM »
A 1X scope would really help my old eyes. 

It's frustrating trying to shoot iron sights these days. 

In my case, what was easy to see 10 years ago is now a blur.  I simply cant focus on sights AND target.   

I get both sides, but in my case I'd put a 1X scope on asap when legal.
This is what i heard was the reasoning. I belive something similar came up for bow hunters... something about how all you guys are getting old and need cheater and such to see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It’s called aging out unfortunately happens to all of us SUCK  IT UP
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 12:04:12 PM by millerwheeler »

Online Ghost Hunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #436 on: February 14, 2021, 08:17:31 AM »
I asked to change to 2x since I can't find the 1x.   :tup:  :sry:
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline Tenkara

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #437 on: February 14, 2021, 08:24:29 AM »
It was literally the only thing I commented on...but I reckon you crybabies will get your way. I want it to be easier :cryriver:
Your the only one that's been crying about anything.

Offline Mtnwalker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #438 on: February 14, 2021, 08:56:46 AM »
You can definitely tell who is viewing it from the best interest of the resource vs who is viewing it from the best interest of themselves after reading through this thread... hopefully they make the right decision but I’m not holding my breath

Offline millerwheeler

• Sourdough
« Reply #439 on: February 14, 2021, 12:03:30 PM »
You can definitely tell who is viewing it from the best interest of the resource vs who is viewing it from the best interest of themselves after reading through this thread... hopefully they make the right decision but I’m not holding my breath

Seams a lot of folks don’t care about the resources anymore only care about themselves

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #440 on: February 14, 2021, 12:24:56 PM »
I just hope the change will result in less wounded, unfound animals. The other change might just be better I’m my opinion, allowing cross bows during Muzzy season, the high end xbows are really accurate.  Wonder if you can put a 1x scope on a cross bow?
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Online Ghost Hunter

• Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #441 on: February 14, 2021, 02:04:13 PM »
I just hope the change will result in less wounded, unfound animals. The other change might just be better I’m my opinion, allowing cross bows during Muzzy season, the high end xbows are really accurate.  Wonder if you can put a 1x scope on a cross bow?

Hard to find a xbow without a scope.  Try to find one with 1x.  Most start at 2x. 
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #442 on: February 14, 2021, 03:25:41 PM »

Seams a lot of folks don’t care about the resources anymore only care about themselves

LOL

So, if someone wants a different rule than you want, they dont care about the resource. 

Your ability to jump to a conclusion is entertaining.

Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline BreezyBear

• Scout
  • RMEF Life Member
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #443 on: February 14, 2021, 03:31:50 PM »
Well said Dan-O  :tup:

Offline millerwheeler

• Sourdough
« Reply #444 on: February 14, 2021, 04:04:05 PM »

LOL

So, if someone wants a different rule than you want, they dont care about the resource. 

It’s not jumping to a conclusion it’s pretty clear that a lot of people think for the now and not for the future, and the scope  situation is very clear a scope makes it a modern weapon  no if ands or butts about it and some people seam to say poor me  my vision , this or that look we will all age out eventually but because they can’t except that they want to change. Rules for there benefit knowing it will affect muzzle season  in many ways . This also isn’t our biggest issue at hand but yes it’s very clear A lot of people don’t think about the resource and or the way each rule change affects that

Offline 10thmountainarcher

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #445 on: February 14, 2021, 04:16:10 PM »

LOL

It’s not jumping to a conclusion it’s pretty clear that a lot of people think for the now and not for the future, and the scope  situation is very clear a scope makes it a modern weapon  no if ands or butts about it and some people seam to say poor me  my vision , this or that look we will all age out eventually but because they can’t except that they want to change. Rules for there benefit knowing it will affect muzzle season  in many ways . This also isn’t our biggest issue at hand but yes it’s very clear A lot of people don’t think about the resource and or the way each rule change affects that

The first telescopic scope was made in 1776, and successfully implemented in the 1830s according to google. Not sure adding one to a muzzleloader will automatically qualify it as a modern firearm. The resource isn’t going to be depleted by adding a fixed 1X scope to a muzzleloader. Predators are doing a much better job at that then hunters ever will. In 2018 27k deer were killed by hunters. The state has an estimated 3k cougars that average one deer kill a week. That would equate to over 150k deer killed by just cougars, and we all know the 3k estimate is low!

Edit: I guess there are 2k adult cougars per their estimate in 2018, so I guess only 100k deaths at the hands of a cat.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 04:21:49 PM by 10thmountainarcher »

Offline millerwheeler

• Sourdough
« Reply #446 on: February 14, 2021, 04:23:34 PM »

LOL

The first telescopic scope was made in 1776, and successfully implemented in the 1830s according to google. Not sure adding one to a muzzleloader will automatically qualify it as a modern firearm. The resource isn’t going to be depleted by adding a fixed 1X scope to a muzzleloader. Predators are doing a much better job at that then hunters ever will. In 2018 27k deer were killed by hunters. The state has an estimated 3k cougars that average one deer kill a week. That would equate to over 150k deer killed by just cougars, and we all know the 3k estimate is low!

Hence y I said this isn’t our biggest issue well aware of our predator issue ,death by a thousand cuts and it will affect numbers of hunters,harvested ,wounded  for those that think there muzzleloader is now a rifle , they have slowly taken away the tradition of muzzleloading and a scope is just another notch towards a modern rifle that is a fact

Offline 10thmountainarcher

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #447 on: February 14, 2021, 04:27:21 PM »

LOL

Hence y I said this isn’t our biggest issue well aware of our predator issue ,death by a thousand cuts and it will affect numbers of hunters,harvested ,wounded  for those that think there muzzleloader is now a rifle , they have slowly taken away the tradition of muzzleloading and a scope is just another notch towards a modern rifle that is a fact

The same thing could be said for every technological advancement for any of our means of hunting though. I don’t think it will have a profound impact, and I’ll wager there will be less wounding of animals then before. No real way of tracking that unfortunately.

Offline bigdub257

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF;Ducks Unlimited
« Reply #448 on: February 14, 2021, 04:29:39 PM »
Why not apply this to the older generation and people with visual disabilities?  65 and over or apply for a disability permit.

Offline millerwheeler

• Sourdough
« Reply #449 on: February 14, 2021, 05:53:01 PM »

LOL

The same thing could be said for every technological advancement for any of our means of hunting though. I don’t think it will have a profound impact, and I’ll wager there will be less wounding of animals then before. No real way of tracking that unfortunately.

There has to be a limit on our technology  in my opinion not just with muzzle,I mean with rifle , and bow

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 08:43:32 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]