collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Scopes for 2021 WA Muzzleloader season?  (Read 117952 times)

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
Re: Scopes for 2021 WA Muzzleloader season?
« Reply #525 on: February 28, 2021, 12:26:35 PM »
Supposedly the leupold freedom rds has a 1 moa dot. I havent looked at them in person but watched some reviews on youtube. I have my doubts its that great but ill look at them if this passes.

Offline Mtnwalker

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #526 on: February 28, 2021, 12:39:03 PM »
Supposedly the leupold freedom rds has a 1 moa dot. I havent looked at them in person but watched some reviews on youtube. I have my doubts its that great but ill look at them if this passes.

If that’s the one I’m thinking of a lot of the reviews say the dot is terrible on it

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #527 on: February 28, 2021, 12:51:07 PM »
I've got a EuroOptic ordered from OP.  It showed in stock.  Called and ordered, lady said ships in March.  Account says July.  Might have time to cancel if proposed change doesn't happen.  Other sites are BO.
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #528 on: February 28, 2021, 12:53:18 PM »

If that’s the one I’m thinking of a lot of the reviews say the dot is terrible on it
2 videos i watched, one said it was terrible and the other said it was amazing.  :chuckle:

Offline millerwheeler

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Get out and put some miles on those boots
« Reply #529 on: March 07, 2021, 06:41:25 PM »
So when do these clowns decide on all these proposals hope it doesn’t pass along with many other of there proposals

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #530 on: March 07, 2021, 07:16:47 PM »
So when do these clowns decide on all these proposals hope it doesn’t pass along with many other of there proposals
One page back.
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline LayMdown

• Tracker
« Reply #531 on: March 11, 2021, 09:26:07 AM »
For all you that wanna put a scope on a muzzy and hunt I am pretty sure you can do it during modern deer and elk season, spring bear, fall bear and cougar season.  So if you wanna use a muzzy with scope just do it during one of those seasons.  Leave muzzy the way it is.  I wish they wouldn't have went to 209 either.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Amen to that :yeah:

Offline LayMdown

• Tracker
« Reply #532 on: March 11, 2021, 09:58:44 AM »
I guess Archery and rifle are the only things that can have advancement of technology  :dunno: every time muzzy has had any everyone gets their panties in a bunch.

For the record I’m not advocating for the rule change I’m gonna keep doing the same thing Ive been doing for 20 years. But it’s laughable to think this is what’s going to be the demise of the herds, it wasn’t the demise when archery allowed fiber optics and lighted knocks and they will survive 1x scopes too.

As far as people flocking to muzzy? I don’t think so, there’s not much of an attraction to a 6 day season that doesn’t even encompass two full weekends ... muzzy in Wa has the crappiest seasons. Muzzy hunters in Wa have been dwindling every year if guys want to try the short season and clean their gun more In one day then they have in their lifetime I say let them.  :twocents:

6 Days?
I've always thought muzzy had the best season being 7 days early season and 21 days in the late season, I'll be switching to rifle hunting if they legalize any type of scope :bdid:

Offline M_ray

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #533 on: March 11, 2021, 07:06:10 PM »
I guess Archery and rifle are the only things that can have advancement of technology  :dunno: every time muzzy has had any everyone gets their panties in a bunch.

For the record I’m not advocating for the rule change I’m gonna keep doing the same thing Ive been doing for 20 years. But it’s laughable to think this is what’s going to be the demise of the herds, it wasn’t the demise when archery allowed fiber optics and lighted knocks and they will survive 1x scopes too.

As far as people flocking to muzzy? I don’t think so, there’s not much of an attraction to a 6 day season that doesn’t even encompass two full weekends ... muzzy in Wa has the crappiest seasons. Muzzy hunters in Wa have been dwindling every year if guys want to try the short season and clean their gun more In one day then they have in their lifetime I say let them.  :twocents:

6 Days?
I've always thought muzzy had the best season being 7 days early season and 21 days in the late season, I'll be switching to rifle hunting if they legalize any type of scope :bdid:

Its is 7 but seems like 6 cause its Sat thru the next Fri, its the only season of the three methods that doesn't even encompass two full weekends  :dunno:

I'm not up on the West side elk cause I always hunt east but the west used to have a decent late season and still may but the late season in the East is in areas of little elk AND mostly all private lands. The state still counts those as days for the muzzloaders even though its largely unattainable for the average hunter.   
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 11:56:24 PM by M_ray »
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Growing old is mandatory ... Growing up is optional!

Offline Bigshooter

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
  • High Wide And Heavy
« Reply #534 on: March 11, 2021, 07:27:25 PM »

I have one and I like it.
Welcome to liberal America, where the truth is condemned and facts are ignored so as not to "offend" anyone

"Borders, language, culture."

Offline BigTines

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #535 on: March 21, 2021, 07:19:39 PM »
Anyone know when this is going to be voted on? Should be any day...

Offline fire*guy

• Hunter
« Reply #536 on: March 21, 2021, 07:35:21 PM »
I believe March 25 and 26th are the recommendation meeting and the final yes or no is in April sometime. I think they basically follow the recommendation of the committee almost always.

Offline bkaech

• Scout
  • Groups: BHA, RMEF, NRA
« Reply #537 on: March 21, 2021, 10:03:42 PM »

[/quote]

6 Days?
[/quote]

You don't have to use one just because they make it legal. I don't understand why you would switch? I'm opposed to the rule change but it won't change what I do.... I still use musket caps too. It doesn't affect me.

Offline polishstunner

• Hunter
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #538 on: March 22, 2021, 08:54:57 PM »
Anyone have any luck finding 1x scopes.  I dont think a red dot will be that effective unless you get a very good one (1 moa)

Offline haftard

• Hunter
« Reply #539 on: March 22, 2021, 09:06:26 PM »
there alot of "tactical" options for a 1x optical sight, a 1moa red dot would work but isnt fool proof. i honestly hope they let us use 3x9 scopes. anything to help the idiot who shoots his muzzleloader once a year ya know.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal