collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wolves federally delisted from Endangered species list  (Read 8592 times)

Offline LDennis24

• Bear poker
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: Wolves federally delisted from Endangered species list
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 09:51:41 AM »
Unfortunately, this will do nothing in WA to allow controlling their populations. Our Governor has been bought and sold by animal rights groups and will not allow the cuddly creatures to be harmed.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline buckfvr

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 11:35:03 AM »
Unfortunately, this will do nothing in WA to allow controlling their populations. Our Governor has been bought and sold by animal rights groups and will not allow the cuddly creatures to be harmed.

Most likely to get worse before/if it ever gets better.

Offline LDennis24

• Bear poker
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 11:42:00 AM »
Is it illegal to pay a bounty for them to the natives? Like say we pool our money and offer to pay the tribes X amount of money for every wolf harvest photo... That way we are paying for a "photo" and nothing else... Right..... Right.... C'mon, let's do this! Lol Bone can help us start a photo contest where everyone's a winner!

Offline HillHound

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 11:50:58 AM »
Not that it would matter if it was. Selling elk jerky is illegal and their elders don’t give a crap about them breaking that law. So why not.

Offline Platensek-po

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 11:56:51 AM »
Not that it would matter if it was. Selling elk jerky is illegal and their elders don’t give a crap about them breaking that law. So why not.

I could be wrong on this but Im not sure its illegal for Native Americans to sell wild game meat. Part of their historic means of survival was the sale and barter of wild animals. I could be wrong tho.

Also dont be surprised if this gets overturned rather quickly once biden assumes the presidency. Since it was done through executive order it will most likely be overturned by executive order.
“Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary.”

If you are not willing to die for freedom then take the word out of your vocabulary.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 12:37:47 PM »

This thread is about wolves. If you want to start another thread to bash Natives, go ahead and see where it gets you.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Wanttohuntmore

• Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 12:39:21 PM »
So does this lessen the crime if one is killed in Washington?

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 12:42:01 PM »
They're protected by state law. I would assume it's criminal, but it may be a civil penalty. :dunno:

Offline nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 02:52:56 PM »
I was in a WDFW wolf meeting where a native spoke on wolves.  Reported that they would protect their ungulate resource and take wolves.  The WDFW thanked him for his report and went on.

Offline HillHound

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2021, 03:43:19 PM »

This thread is about wolves. If you want to start another thread to bash Natives, go ahead and see where it gets you.
No I do not intend to start a bashing thread. But I am pretty positive I have heard from other members that it is against the law for them to take game animals with the intent of selling them and that their elders agree it is but don’t want to push the subject or step on elk jerky’s toes. Correct me if I’m wrong and if so I will try to keep my mouth shut in the future. I’m glad rainier10 is buying up that property that way they don’t consider it free and unclaimed any more. Might be a bit of skewed info on WDFW’s research they are doing though considering his land is actually regulated by hunting seasons

Offline LDennis24

• Bear poker
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2021, 06:29:25 PM »
None of that matters... They are profiting off of the photo contest, not the actual animal... C'mon follow along. Photo contest. Most dead wolves in one photo, cleanest looking dead wolf in a photo, biggest teeth of a dead wolf in a photo, most different colors of dead wolves in a photo... Etc etc...

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2021, 11:00:04 AM »
I was in a WDFW wolf meeting where a native spoke on wolves.  Reported that they would protect their ungulate resource and take wolves.  The WDFW thanked him for his report and went on.

As it should be. It's good that someone cares about our ungulates. :tup:

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Explorer
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2021, 11:40:49 AM »
Well it appears to me that the natives don't take as much initiative against wolves and grizzlies as one thinks. Seem to value them as sacred
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2021, 12:26:54 PM »
Well it appears to me that the natives don't take as much initiative against wolves and grizzlies as one thinks. Seem to value them as sacred

You sure paint "natives" with a broad stroke. Maybe you watch too many Kevin Costner movies. I know for a fact that the Colvilles have been shooting them regularly. I think the Yaks have, as well. They kill more than the WDFW does and without spending millions of our wildlife budget. I don't know about Grizzlies but most of the people promoting and protecting their return are white and living where it won't matter. How did this become an anti-Native thread? The people doing the damage here regarding wolves are all white and work in Olympia. Let's not point fingers at people who share our beliefs on the issue, people who actually take action.

Offline 10thmountainarcher

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2021, 12:30:45 PM »

You sure paint "natives" with a broad stroke. Maybe you watch too many Kevin Costner movies. I know for a fact that the Colvilles have been shooting them regularly. I think the Yaks have, as well. They kill more than the WDFW does and without spending millions of our wildlife budget. I don't know about Grizzlies but most of the people promoting and protecting their return are white and living where it won't matter. How did this become an anti-Native thread? The people doing the damage here regarding wolves are all white and work in Olympia.

You look at the quality of game coming off the Colville reservation, it’s obvious they are managing things right. The Rez Bucks and Bulls Instagram page clearly shows them harvesting wolves on the reservation.

Offline Caseyd

• Site Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2021, 01:38:58 PM »
So does this lessen the crime if one is killed in Washington?

Technically yes, it would no longer be a federal crime.

Falls on the state who has less resources (in theory). You’ve seen the city lately, imagine if hunters just did what they want.

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2021, 04:31:53 PM »

I could be wrong on this but Im not sure its illegal for Native Americans to sell wild game meat. Part of their historic means of survival was the sale and barter of wild animals. I could be wrong tho.

Also dont be surprised if this gets overturned rather quickly once biden assumes the presidency. Since it was done through executive order it will most likely be overturned by executive order.

:yeah: Unfortunately probably be reversed shortly

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2021, 08:13:58 PM »

You sure paint "natives" with a broad stroke. Maybe you watch too many Kevin Costner movies. I know for a fact that the Colvilles have been shooting them regularly. I think the Yaks have, as well. They kill more than the WDFW does and without spending millions of our wildlife budget. I don't know about Grizzlies but most of the people promoting and protecting their return are white and living where it won't matter. How did this become an anti-Native thread? The people doing the damage here regarding wolves are all white and work in Olympia. Let's not point fingers at people who share our beliefs on the issue, people who actually take action.
I may have read more into your statement than was meant. They may be sacred and or revered, but they're also hunted by some Natives and the success of the Colvilles and their wildlife management is a good example.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2021, 09:00:57 PM »
Is it illegal to pay a bounty for them to the natives? Like say we pool our money and offer to pay the tribes X amount of money for every wolf harvest photo... That way we are paying for a "photo" and nothing else... Right..... Right.... C'mon, let's do this! Lol Bone can help us start a photo contest where everyone's a winner!
What makes you think this isnt already happening on the DL?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2021, 09:02:55 PM »
They're protected by state law. I would assume it's criminal, but it may be a civil penalty. :dunno:
Of course it's criminal. Heck, fishing without a license is a criminal offense.

Federal ESA violation = Class A Misdemeanor up to 1 year in jail and/or $100,000 fine
WA endangered species violation = Gross Misdemeanor up to 1 year in jail and/or $5,000 fine
 Second WA ES violation within five years = Class C Felony

Offline ne kid

• Scout
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2021, 11:01:12 PM »
Everybody needs to quit blaming the wolf, and start blaming the real problem WDFW. Why do the Colvilles have such great herds because they dont have the WDFW managing them.

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Explorer
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2021, 05:25:00 AM »
Who's to say they really have great herds. The Yakima doesn't seem to.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2021, 08:17:50 AM »
Who's to say they really have great herds. The Yakima doesn't seem to.

People that have looked into it. They have actively  managed their herd for a long time. Comparing the Yakima and Colville is apples and oranges.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2021, 08:49:41 AM »
Yes, Colville has good herds and really involved game management.

Having known at lot of Colvilles and speaking with their head wildlife manager many times it took ahwile to wrap my head around the problems surrounding the Yakimas.

They seem to be the complete opposite of the Yakimas.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2021, 08:52:20 AM »
You cannot paint all tribes with the same brush, as they each are independent.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2021, 12:21:07 PM »
Yes, Colville has good herds and really involved game management.

Having known at lot of Colvilles and speaking with their head wildlife manager many times it took ahwile to wrap my head around the problems surrounding the Yakimas.

They seem to be the complete opposite of the Yakimas.

Colville's were doing wolf control as far back as 2004, they like their hunting..

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]