collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Ammo prices  (Read 13531 times)

Offline Tenkara

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Ammo prices
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2021, 08:55:45 AM »
I'm not a gouger, and I also won't pay gouger prices, so if somebody wants four times the price I'll just scroll by, its pretty simple. Stop complaining and just wait for a fair price.

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2021, 09:48:44 AM »
I thought about making a thread saying something to the effect of “take your price gouging prices elsewhere” but we talked it out and the truth of the matter is there’s no way to enforce anything in a situation like this. Maybe we have a rule like 20 posts before you have access to the classifieds or something like that but for now, I hope people are just decent about things and will leave it at that. Some people won’t. Hopefully those folks get the idea on their own.

One of the shooting competition boards I belong to has a 50 post rule... keeps guys from doing it all in one day,
I don't care about the gouging as much as the guys who come here specifically to do it and have zero intention of contributing to the board.

Offline Bowhunter3

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2021, 10:31:10 AM »
I'm not a gouger, and I also won't pay gouger prices, so if somebody wants four times the price I'll just scroll by, its pretty simple. Stop complaining and just wait for a fair price.

Could have scrolled past this one without complaining too :tup:

Offline Bowhunter3

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2021, 10:34:19 AM »
I thought about making a thread saying something to the effect of “take your price gouging prices elsewhere” but we talked it out and the truth of the matter is there’s no way to enforce anything in a situation like this. Maybe we have a rule like 20 posts before you have access to the classifieds or something like that but for now, I hope people are just decent about things and will leave it at that. Some people won’t. Hopefully those folks get the idea on their own.

Yep lots of good folks here helping eachother out. That’s what matters in the end.

Offline Tenkara

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2021, 11:14:20 AM »

Could have scrolled past this one without complaining too :tup:
  :tup:

Online Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2021, 11:32:08 AM »
It’s only gouging if someone pays that price and they feel gouged.

Just scroll by if it’s too much to pay or do like many have done here offer yours up for a better price or trades.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Online Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2021, 11:42:24 AM »
I have brand new custom rifle. I have to shoot 100 rounds through it to get it to settle in. Bought 60 rounds from midway they had a three box limit. $63 a box. Next week ordered 3 more, $68 a box. Checked the next week and it was $74 a box and today it is $85.

Supply and demand

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2021, 12:04:09 PM »
It’s only gouging if someone pays that price and they feel gouged.

Just scroll by if it’s too much to pay or do like many have done here offer yours up for a better price or trades.

I think it's only gouging if it's for something you have to buy - you pretty much have no choice other than pay the high price.  So, if gas stations all doubled their price when people had to evacuate a fire or other emergency that would be gouging.

Otherwise, it's a choice whether you buy it or not and up to the individual.

Offline Jingles

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2021, 01:36:13 PM »
I have brand new custom rifle. I have to shoot 100 rounds through it to get it to settle in. Bought 60 rounds from midway they had a three box limit. $63 a box. Next week ordered 3 more, $68 a box. Checked the next week and it was $74 a box and today it is $85.

Supply and demand
Or when  a person purchasing pull down bullets at $ 94.00 per 1K one month and next month they cost $135.00 per 1 K. To me that is a little above supply and demand
HMC/USN/RET
1969 -1990
The comments of this poster do not reflect the opinions of HUNTWA Administrators or Moderators unless they so state.

The duty of a Patriot is to protect his country from it's government

Offline Tenkara

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2021, 02:14:35 PM »

Supply and demand
I'm a little surprised they are doing that.

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2021, 05:38:33 PM »

Supply and demand

From what I heard from a distributor... there has been a "across the board" price increase at the 1st of the year that affected ammo.... that's part of it  (small part anyway).   

Online Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2021, 06:22:21 PM »

Supply and demand

From what I heard from a distributor... there has been a "across the board" price increase at the 1st of the year that affected ammo.... that's part of it  (small part anyway).
The good news is once I shoot this stuff I will reload the brass. If it weren’t for some great members on this forum I would be screwed. Luckily I was able to find cci250’s from one member and h1000 from another. Midway had the Berger 210 vld’s

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2021, 09:05:48 PM »

Supply and demand

The good news is once I shoot this stuff I will reload the brass. If it weren’t for some great members on this forum I would be screwed. Luckily I was able to find cci250’s from one member and h1000 from another. Midway had the Berger 210 vld’s

That's awesome.... sounds like you are set.... you bought dies yet?  The Redding Competition have worked well for my rifle.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by timberghost72
[Today at 08:55:00 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 08:43:32 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]