collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: NRA files bankruptcy  (Read 14649 times)

Offline TVHunts

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+56)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA-RSO,RMEF,DU, Marysville Rifle Club
Re: NRA files bankruptcy
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2021, 06:02:59 AM »
I’m with several here, they still have my support and always will regardless of LaPierre at the helm. I don’t care for him either.

Sounds like it is time to contribute to the FPC as well  :tup:
MAGA

Hey Slobbering JOE,

STOP the freaking INVASION

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2021, 08:35:24 AM »
Support FPC instead. They are doing great work

You know, the groups aren't mutually exclusive. You can and should support more than one. :dunno:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline TooTallMike

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Scout
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2021, 12:14:45 PM »
Support FPC instead. They are doing great work

You know, the groups aren't mutually exclusive. You can and should support more than one. :dunno:

I agree 100%. Except I know my money is being put to use by FPC.

With the NRA I'm probably buying wayne's girlfriend a new bra.

I'm grateful for what the NRA has done in the past but they aren't even the same organization anymore and the current state of it brings shame to the past work they've done.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2021, 03:12:12 PM »
Good decision NRA, glad to hear, I was wondering when they would get smart and get out of NY.  :IBCOOL:

I will continue to support the strongest gun advocating group in the world! Thanks to the NRA for us all being able to own the guns and magazines and ammo that we are able to own today!

Yeah, I'm sure Texas is more friendly, but you don't have to declare bankruptcy to move your company.  I've supported them in the past, but honestly that's a pretty bogus release.  They declared bankruptcy due to fiscal mismanagement and a pile of lawsuits relating to improper use of money.

Offline Igor

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunter
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2021, 03:26:34 PM »
Good decision NRA, glad to hear, I was wondering when they would get smart and get out of NY.  :IBCOOL:

I will continue to support the strongest gun advocating group in the world! Thanks to the NRA for us all being able to own the guns and magazines and ammo that we are able to own today!

Yeah, I'm sure Texas is more friendly, but you don't have to declare bankruptcy to move your company.  I've supported them in the past, but honestly that's a pretty bogus release.  They declared bankruptcy due to fiscal mismanagement and a pile of lawsuits relating to improper use of money.

NRA files for bankruptcy, seeking to escape New York lawsuit

The NRA filed for Chapter 11 protection in federal bankruptcy court in Dallas, and said it plans to reincorporate in Texas in a move it is calling "Project Freedom" to escape "a corrupt political and regulatory environment" in New York, where it was founded in 1871.

Friday's move will likely put the New York lawsuit on hold, and reincorporation in Texas could strip (Attorney General) James of her power to dissolve the group.

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2021-01-16/NRA-files-for-bankruptcy-seeking-to-escape-New-York-lawsuit-X5MPGnFAIw/index.html
molṑn labé

USAF
   6987th Security Squadron
   6947th Security Squadron
   6918th RSM

Offline konradcountry

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2021, 11:34:05 AM »
I didn't need the NRA telling me when or how to vote,  its not rocket science.   If you don't know your enemy, they'll get you every time!

Oh stop defending them already.

They could have used their funds to air commercials instead of lining their pockets.

They gave up on Washington and California in order to fund luxury purchases that included shopping on Rodeo drive. What kind of man shops there?

Everyone should have stopped supporting them after that outrageous CEO pay raise followed by letters about how they were short on funds.

Offline ghosthunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2021, 12:10:03 PM »
There are no perfect people. And No perfect Pro gun clubs. I guess if you are putting the money you kept from NRA into some other pro gun, pro 2 A organization than good for you.

But if the NRA is your reason not to give to any, ahhh well don't complain when we get more restrictions.
GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline ghosthunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2021, 12:18:04 PM »
There has been a lot of ado made over the fact that a lot of first time gun owners bought guns this past year. And that this will help slow down new restrictions ummmm not so fast.

I think there is a whole group of folks who really don't want guns, but they bought one to have just incase. They don't shoot or give a hoot about 2A, they wont stand up against any gun law short of someone kicking in their door and coming after them. These folks will do nothing to defend their rights or yours.

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2021, 12:48:18 PM »
I disagree with that Ghost, if someone in WA became a first time gun owner, they bought it because they wanted to have it.  They will absolutely be more supportive of the thing they just did compared to before when restrictions wouldn't impact them.  Since most restrictions in our state come from the ballot box, first time gun ownership is a huge thing, I would argue more important even than what happens in the legislature - which is often nothing.

I do agree it shouldn't be an NRA or nothing.  Many people simply can't support such a level of corruption and outright theft, and instead of fixing it, the leadership chose to move jurisdictions to avoid prosecution and release misinformation that allows the crooked leaders to continue to profit at the expense of the organization.  In addition to the funds pilfered during commission of the alleged crimes along with the incredible cost to cover it up, there is immense damage to the credibility of the organization which will continue for a long time.

There is zero indication they acknowledge the behavior or have any plans to address it.  What you see is what you get.

It's a personal call to decide when to support or not support an organization, as you mention no person or organization are perfect but some are much further from perfection than others and there is a line for everyone when once crossed they cannot go along with.

This isn't a critique of past work done by the organization or even the majority of current employees, simply a condemnation of the current leadership involved with the corruption, denial and coverup.

Offline ghosthunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2021, 12:54:42 PM »
Quote Stein "I disagree with that Ghost, if someone in WA became a first time gun owner, they bought it because they wanted to have it.  They will absolutely be more supportive of the thing they just did compared to before when restrictions wouldn't impact them.  Since most restrictions in our state come from the ballot box, first time gun ownership is a huge thing, I would argue more important even than what happens in the legislature - which is often nothing."

I got of feeling this will be tested this year. So we will see. :tup:

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2021, 01:02:17 PM »
Yeah, the problem is the initiatives pass with a pretty good majority so it will take quite a few people changing sides to make a difference.  639 passed 60-40, so more than 10% of the people would need to change their mind and that's 310,000 people.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal