collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Weathertech vs Huskyliner for truck floor, front and back?  (Read 6042 times)

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
Re: Weathertech vs Huskyliner for truck floor, front and back?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2021, 03:00:03 PM »
I just got Huskys for my Chev Silverado. I'm happy with them and was happy to see they're made in the USA. Pretty sure the Weathertecs were a lot more expensive too.

Offline aaronoto

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2021, 04:34:41 PM »
Add me to the list of those that had their Weathertech's start to curl.  My first set I bought for my 2012  and they were great, so when I bought a 2019 I bought Weathertech again.  I don't know what they did, but they look like crap now.  Buying Husky for my next set.

Offline NorseNW

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2021, 04:58:17 PM »
I have weather tech that came in my 2015 f350 and they are curling up in some of the corners which I'm not happy about.

This has been a common complaint on a lot of the newer weathertech liners.  I haven't experienced it but some have.  Would be curious to know if you contacted weathertech customer service, would they replace them.  Many reviews say they are great at customer service.   :dunno:

My WT's did the curl up on driver and passenger sides.  I contact customer service.  They were super helpful with sending a PDF document on how to take them out, flip them upside down, hit them with a heat gun and put some weight on them allowing to cool again. I was pissed but I did it.  It worked until the next run of 90 degree weather and they did it again.  I contacted them again and was given the same PDF document.  Obviously part of the customer service script.  Asked why I paid so much for something to lay flat and now have to retouch every heat spell and was told that's what their product does.  Impressive.  I've had Husky's now for 4 years with no issues and like them better.  I can't remember which version of Husky's I purchased but they are more rubbery than hard plastic.  There are several Youtube videos comparing WT to Husky so you can see which ones are more rubber than hard plastic.  Obviously WT worked for many people so it may just depend.

Offline Pnwrider

• Longhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2021, 07:44:56 PM »
If you buy weathertech, you’re paying for the marketing. I usually buy husky or the cheap WT knockoffs on Amazon. I will say I am really impressed with the factory floor mats in my 2021 gmc. First truck I haven’t immediately replaced them in.

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2021, 05:41:38 AM »
I bought my jeep ones from quadratek
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Idighuntin

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Tracker
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2021, 07:16:53 AM »
I’ve had husky liners in my last 3 trucks and love them, they don’t move there easy to clean and they don’t curl. The set I put in my 2019 GMC even looked pretty cool. Absolutely love them.

Offline Grit dog

• Longhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2021, 11:44:27 PM »
IMO, Weatheertech was the old standard for full coverage custom fit floor mats.
Husky is better now.
Good tip on the WTs curling up fix. I’m going to try that.

Offline CSherwood

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2021, 03:27:24 PM »
I have the Husky's in my 2019 Silverado.  Perfect fit, don't squeak when wet & durable so far.  I like the coverage of the mat in the back. 

I'm a UW Husky, so it just made sense 8) 8)

Offline Gettin Birdie

• Hunter
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2021, 04:36:42 PM »
My dad has the Husky in his 17' Silverado and they're nice, more bendable?  I've had weathertech before and their also nice, more rigid.  Safe either way, but as a Golden Retriever person, the weathertech owner has goldens and has donated a lot of money towards research that benefits them, as his had cancer if I am correct.  Can't go wrong either way though. 

Offline J.Brower

• Scout
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2021, 11:33:35 PM »
I had Husky’s in my F150, absolutely loved them. Wife bought me a set for the new Ram, equally as pleased with them. Can’t stand the weathertechs in her Jeep. I will never buy another set of weathertechs as long as husky’s are around. The fit has been incredible in both sets and they don’t move a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2021, 08:18:18 AM »
I just got Huskys for my Chev Silverado. I'm happy with them and was happy to see they're made in the USA. Pretty sure the Weathertecs were a lot more expensive too.

Both Husky and Weathertech are made in the USA which is a big  :tup:.

Offline Widgeondeke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
  • US Army Infantry 91-98
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2021, 09:21:03 AM »
I had Husky in my '04 Dakota for 15 years, ZERO issues. They remained pliable/flexable
I gott the "F-150" ones for my new '19 F-150. They must be made by Weathertech because they are doing what many have already mentioned. Drivers = great, back seat = great, passenger = slip n slide and curling  :bash:

Guess I get to try the heat gun trick. May still need velcro  :dunno: as being flat won't help with the slickness

Offline cavemann

• Sourdough
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2021, 10:10:17 AM »
I have the Husky in my Silverado..  I wasn't going to pay weathertech price again so gave Husky a shot.  For the price difference I am Husky all the way.  Now that I've had them I really like them better then weathertech.  They fit perfect.  Had a little break in period for back ones but I just heated them up and they are perfect.  Also, the weathertechs I've had in the past were too slippery.  Husky seem to have more rubber feel and performance then the plastic weathertech and way easier to get them in and out.

Offline thinkingman

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2021, 11:25:33 AM »
Husky makes a nicer product.
The fit is perfect and the softer, more flexible compound feels better and is quieter.
Husky also made a mold and produced mud guards for my Tacoma when I let them know about the brittle, cheap plastic Toyota was charging over $90.
Nice people in the midwest and making them here.
Good company.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
― Bertrand Russell

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2021, 11:31:42 AM »
I had Husky in my '04 Dakota for 15 years, ZERO issues. They remained pliable/flexable
I gott the "F-150" ones for my new '19 F-150. They must be made by Weathertech because they are doing what many have already mentioned. Drivers = great, back seat = great, passenger = slip n slide and curling  :bash:

Guess I get to try the heat gun trick. May still need velcro  :dunno: as being flat won't help with the slickness

I've heard this, but confused because mine seem so much different.  I bought a full set for my 16 F150 and the front two are thicker than the rear, no way they would curl ever and fit perfect.  Drivers has the latch button things and passenger has the round thing with all the pointy things although I don't think it would even need it.

Rear fits perfect but is thinner.  If you put it in after washing and aren't careful, it can catch under the door forcing the edges up.  You can fix it by pushing it under the closed door and after a day it will be fine.  Once it's in the truck for a day, no problem, just when you put it in.  I wash them in hot water in the driveway so they are soft when I put them back.

Maybe there are different versions out there, who knows.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]