collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Ammo prices  (Read 13542 times)

Offline Sr15

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
  • Groups: Nra
Ammo prices
« on: January 19, 2021, 07:12:14 AM »
If anyone wants some sticker shock go on to gunbroker ammuntion site and see what people are paying for ammo, it crazy and the term panic buying is and understatement! Plain 556 either x193 or m855  and 9mm for .80 to $1 per round. 22lr is  25 cents per round
6.5 and 300prc is $7 per round. A person could buy ammo on this site that the guy was getting flamed for and turn around and sell it for a profit on gunbroker. Its a crazy world we are entering in to.  :(

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
Re: Ammo prices
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 07:15:15 AM »
I'll save you guys some time, I'll sell 7.62 for $1 a round and you don't have to pay for shipping. :chuckle:

Fear is a powerful motivator whether it's TP or lead.

Offline Rob

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 07:35:22 AM »
I fully support free market and if someone will buy at those outrageous prices - well that is between the seller and buyer.

However I have been appalled to see things on this site being listed at prices 4X plus normal rates.  I like to think of this site as a local community of sorts and when someone is seemingly looking to take advantage of something at the expense of the community, I am disappointed.  I know I am making a list of folks I will never support or associate with!

Again - free market, as it should be - but that goes both ways and I won't support opportunists. 

Just sit back and enjoy your ride
  - Chris Ledoux

Offline Tenkara

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 07:37:33 AM »
Primers are going for $200-$250 per 1000 on rhere.

Offline Rob

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 07:42:16 AM »
yeah - my 4x comment was vastly understated!

8-10X is more like it when it comes to Primers.
Just sit back and enjoy your ride
  - Chris Ledoux

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 07:43:35 AM »
That's exactly what people are doing at Sportsman Warehouse. As soon as the store opens and people find out they got ammo in people are going there buying as much as they can afford and then go out and sale it. They won't let you hold or rain check ammo its a first come first serve. At least that's at the Everett store.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 07:46:15 AM »
Wait...I can get $7 a round for 6.5 prc... :yike:

:drool:

Offline Bill W

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, CBA
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2021, 07:47:23 AM »
That's exactly what people are doing at Sportsman Warehouse. As soon as the store opens and people find out they got ammo in people are going there buying as much as they can afford and then go out and sale it. They won't let you hold or rain check ammo its a first come first serve. At least that's at the Everett store.

Most of the SW's have limits on what a customer can buy for ammo. 

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2021, 07:51:51 AM »
Same with Walmart and probably the other places as well.

Like the TP crisis, this one is self-induced.  I do feel bad for the people that like the high volume shooting sports.

Offline Naches Sportsman

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2021, 07:56:21 AM »
So you're telling me that the 2000 rounds of 22lr I picked up last week at bi mart for $.06-.08 a round can be quadrupled? Hell I though the gouging on the site from a certain member was bad!

I know if I run into certain ammo and buy it and trade it at what bi mart prices are (never change), I expect a fair trade at bi mart prices in return, but a lot of people aren't honest on this site and that's why I don't list anything these days.

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2021, 07:57:20 AM »
Man Rob you hit the nail on the head! Agree 100%!  What chaps me about all of this is the gougers aren't really contributing members. They are on here for one thing and thats to make money. If it was my site I'd ban all of em  :chuckle:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 08:54:23 AM by Karl Blanchard »
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2021, 08:02:52 AM »
I appreciate that members want to watch out for each other, that's not a bad thing, but I have a little different view, I like the free market system, if someone asks too much don't buy it? On the other hand if there is only one place to get something maybe even paying more than you would like is better than not getting what you need? I figure people should be able to decide for themselves what they want to charge or pay without someone else telling them what they can charge or pay.  :twocents:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2021, 08:09:21 AM »
I fully support free market and if someone will buy at those outrageous prices - well that is between the seller and buyer.

However I have been appalled to see things on this site being listed at prices 4X plus normal rates.  I like to think of this site as a local community of sorts and when someone is seemingly looking to take advantage of something at the expense of the community, I am disappointed.  I know I am making a list of folks I will never support or associate with!

Again - free market, as it should be - but that goes both ways and I won't support opportunists.
Well said

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2021, 08:18:43 AM »
As some one whom scrambled for some rounds 5 ish years ago and paid an exorbitant ammount for some much needed ammo i can day Im not so sorry for folks.

After Trump was elected  i saw 223 brass case dip as low as 28c a round if purchased by the thousand.  I personally shared when i found buckshot for 250 rounds for $90 TYD... When you can buy new at or less than reloading price  how can you not stock up?

I learned my lesson Im just saddened to know many of you have been through more than 1 of these shortages and didnt learn anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Jingles

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2021, 08:43:34 AM »
Difference between Repubics and Damorats. Repubics if you don't like guns don't own one, If you don't like the prices don't spend your money. DEMS if you don't like guns ban them for everybody, if you don't like the prices bytch and complain about price gouging or condem those that have what you want but didn't get when the prices were lower.
Those in or prior military will understand PPPP  on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
After all you had 4 years to read the writing on the walls but failed to read it.
Yes I will admit prices for brass are ridiculous but of the 12K pieces of 556 brass I acquired less than 50 did I actually purchase the rest the only thing it cost me was gas to and from the range and time and effort to pick them up and prep them.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 08:51:52 AM by Jingles »
HMC/USN/RET
1969 -1990
The comments of this poster do not reflect the opinions of HUNTWA Administrators or Moderators unless they so state.

The duty of a Patriot is to protect his country from it's government

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal