collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Post The Ammo/Reloading Supplies You Find In Stock Here!  (Read 278714 times)

Offline firepin

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
Re: Post The Ammo/Reloading Supplies You Find In Stock Here!
« Reply #1200 on: April 06, 2022, 03:55:35 PM »
Sunnyside Ace Hardware has (2)1# h4350 and 1 8# jug H4350. (2)1# vargets. 1 pounders are 48.99 and 8# 349.00

Offline Mulie87

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA USPSA

Offline Jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #1202 on: April 10, 2022, 07:25:37 AM »
H4831 in 1 pound cans available on Hodgdons website

Offline BeerBugler

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #1203 on: April 11, 2022, 07:52:03 AM »
PV has Retumbo this morning (1 pounders only)

Offline Jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #1204 on: April 11, 2022, 11:35:57 AM »
Hodgdons has H4350 and H4831. Looks like their prices have gone up to $50 per pound.

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #1205 on: April 11, 2022, 11:56:20 AM »
Hodgdons has H4350 and H4831. Looks like their prices have gone up to $50 per pound.

Hodgdons site has been price gouging for some time now.  When you can buy it from a distributer for cheaper....they are 100% price gouging.  Kind of makes me sick. 

Offline blackpowderhunter

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #1206 on: April 11, 2022, 02:07:04 PM »

Hodgdons site has been price gouging for some time now.  When you can buy it from a distributer for cheaper....they are 100% price gouging.  Kind of makes me sick.
seems like prices are up all across the board.  what ive come to see is the actual mfg always sells at "msrp" (which likely has gone up) while the distributors price it down to their MAP (min. advertised pricing) to be competitive with other retailers.

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #1207 on: April 11, 2022, 02:13:08 PM »

seems like prices are up all across the board.  what ive come to see is the actual mfg always sells at "msrp" (which likely has gone up) while the distributors price it down to their MAP (min. advertised pricing) to be competitive with other retailers.

Powder Valley, Midsouth, and quite a few other sites are selling Hodgdon powder for pre-covid prices.....$320 shipped to your door for 8lb jugs of H4350 vs hodgdon site selling it for $330 plush $40 hazmat, tax and shipping it is over 400 shipped to your door.  They are price gouging. 

Offline 7mmfan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.facebook.com/rory.oconnor.9480
« Reply #1208 on: April 11, 2022, 02:16:10 PM »

Powder Valley, Midsouth, and quite a few other sites are selling Hodgdon powder for pre-covid prices.....$320 shipped to your door for 8lb jugs of H4350 vs hodgdon site selling it for $330 plush $40 hazmat, tax and shipping it is over 400 shipped to your door.  They are price gouging.

As the manufacturer, they would be given enormous grief from distributors if they were selling for less than their customers can sell for. It's a classic distributor/manufacturer sales conundrum.
I hunt, therefore I am.... I fish, therefore I lie.

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #1209 on: April 11, 2022, 02:21:02 PM »

As the manufacturer, they would be given enormous grief from distributors if they were selling for less than their customers can sell for. It's a classic distributor/manufacturer sales conundrum.

They use to sell them for the same price as powder valley.  Their hazmat has always been more expensive but base price was almost identical.  I've bought lots of powder from them and powder valley.  They are price gouging......very simple to see. 

Now....they are not as bad as people on gunbroker....but it is still sad to see it happening on their site.  I almost exclusively shoot hodgdon....I just won't buy direct from them until they lower their prices. 

Funny most blaze other sites for price gouging but accept it when the actual manufacturer does.  To each their own I guess. 

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #1210 on: April 11, 2022, 02:26:40 PM »
Not sure I'd call it price gouging. Nobody is being forced to buy powder at a price that's more than they're willing to pay. And by the way, I was in Cody, Wyoming a couple days ago, and a store there had a good supply of H4350 and H4831, at $52 a pound.

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #1211 on: April 11, 2022, 02:38:54 PM »
We will call it price fixing….to be more specific.  I get the supply and demand and also the fact they are cheaper than other sites currently.  People can buy it if they want but I will give my business to PV and other sites that are almost $100 cheaper per 8lb jug. 

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #1212 on: April 11, 2022, 02:49:00 PM »
Of course they are gouging. They are a manufacturer who instead of sending inventory to distributors is holding inventory and selling direct at a much higher price. If I had a store front and was trying to make a living selling powder I'd be pretty pissed.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #1213 on: April 11, 2022, 02:50:20 PM »
And to be clear, I'm not saying $50 a pound is outrageous. It's gonna be the new price just like $70+ primers with inflation rates but let's call a spade a spade here...
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #1214 on: April 11, 2022, 03:18:40 PM »
Of course they are gouging. They are a manufacturer who instead of sending inventory to distributors is holding inventory and selling direct at a much higher price. If I had a store front and was trying to make a living selling powder I'd be pretty pissed.

Actually it's the other way around- the stores might be upset if Hodgdon was selling at a lower price than they were.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]