collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Post The Ammo/Reloading Supplies You Find In Stock Here!  (Read 278756 times)

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
Re: Post The Ammo/Reloading Supplies You Find In Stock Here!
« Reply #1215 on: April 11, 2022, 04:03:40 PM »
Of course they are gouging. They are a manufacturer who instead of sending inventory to distributors is holding inventory and selling direct at a much higher price. If I had a store front and was trying to make a living selling powder I'd be pretty pissed.

Actually it's the other way around- the stores might be upset if Hodgdon was selling at a lower price than they were.
if the stores had inventory you would be correct but when hodgdon is the only one with inventory not so much.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline wadu1

• Grumpy
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Old Salt
  • RMEF, DU, NRA, PFE, NWTF
« Reply #1216 on: April 11, 2022, 04:14:16 PM »
Found shot shells at Wally World on the South Hill, Puyallup today. They had 100 packs of 12 & 20 and even some 28ga along with some Win AA target loads. 
"a fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi"

Offline Mulie87

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA USPSA
« Reply #1217 on: April 11, 2022, 07:56:50 PM »
How much were the 100 packs? They used to run $21

Offline Wolfdog2314

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #1218 on: April 12, 2022, 09:31:07 AM »
One 8 pounder of Varget at sportsman’s warehouse Vancouver. Some small rifle primers.

Offline Damnimissed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Longhunter

Offline Firetwin3

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #1220 on: April 13, 2022, 01:07:58 PM »
Limitless America out of Washougal seems to have 7828ssc, 4891, 4064, 5lb jugs of RL19, 8lb jugs of 4895 in stock on their website right now
Go Cougs

Offline BeerBugler

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #1221 on: April 13, 2022, 05:47:10 PM »
Midway has small rifle primers

Offline Iveexcaped3

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Longhunter
    • Riverside Construction, LLC
« Reply #1222 on: April 14, 2022, 04:28:57 PM »

Screw midway. I got some of the small rifle. This morning they had large rifle. I called them to see if we can package the large rifle in with my small rifle so I’m not paying 2 hazmat and 2 shipping charges. Their response “oh sorry we processed your small rifle, you’d have to cancel it and hope to get them again, but they’re out of stock so not likely”
Lady I don’t want to cancel them I want to add large rifle to my small rifle order, not rocket science, paying an extra $30 for absolutely no reason is crap customer service, especially since she checked to make sure my small hasn’t shipped.

Offline Damnimissed

• Longhunter
« Reply #1223 on: April 14, 2022, 07:04:24 PM »

Screw midway. I got some of the small rifle. This morning they had large rifle. I called them to see if we can package the large rifle in with my small rifle so I’m not paying 2 hazmat and 2 shipping charges. Their response “oh sorry we processed your small rifle, you’d have to cancel it and hope to get them again, but they’re out of stock so not likely”
Lady I don’t want to cancel them I want to add large rifle to my small rifle order, not rocket science, paying an extra $30 for absolutely no reason is crap customer service, especially since she checked to make sure my small hasn’t shipped.

They conveniently drop different primers and powders so they don’t overlap in stock. It’s been common practice by them throughout the shortages.

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #1224 on: April 14, 2022, 07:51:37 PM »

They conveniently drop different primers and powders so they don’t overlap in stock. It’s been common practice by them throughout the shortages.

They don’t benefit from the hazmat fee do they?  That is a shipping cost and I would think would rather package multiple items at once to save time and money.    :dunno:

Offline Damnimissed

• Longhunter
« Reply #1225 on: April 14, 2022, 08:04:09 PM »

They don’t benefit from the hazmat fee do they?  That is a shipping cost and I would think would rather package multiple items at once to save time and money.    :dunno:

They don’t pay the amount they charge. I work in logistics.

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #1226 on: April 14, 2022, 08:07:16 PM »

Any idea what they are up charging.   That’s a bummer to hear. 

Offline Damnimissed

• Longhunter
« Reply #1227 on: April 14, 2022, 08:09:11 PM »

Any idea what they are up charging.   That’s a bummer to hear.

I don’t know their exact rate, but I can assure you, they get significant discounts, being a big fish.

Brownell’s is worse yet.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 08:17:11 PM by Damnimissed »

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #1228 on: April 14, 2022, 08:19:15 PM »
Midsouth and powder valley are both under $20 for hazmat.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline Iveexcaped3

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Longhunter
    • Riverside Construction, LLC
« Reply #1229 on: April 14, 2022, 08:25:14 PM »
Either way I won’t be buying from them anytime soon considering they only let you buy one brick and only have like 5 powders “in stock”. It definitely isn’t customer service that they claim to strive on. If they were on the ball and shipped my small rifle same day I wouldn’t have a complaint but it’s literally their slimy way of “being cheaper” and then gouging you for hazmat and shipping. They would cost more than my local shops who are gouging their price. Only place I haven’t been gouged is cabelas and I think I just got luck that day.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]