collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Cheaper then dirt price gouging  (Read 6567 times)

Offline Jason

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Cheaper then dirt price gouging
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2020, 08:15:00 AM »
I picked up some 40sw brass from a guy in Lewiston about 8 yrs ago or close to, it was during one of the school shooting panic buy. He was telling me that he was selling 500ct bricks of 22's on Gunbroker for $95-$150 per brick and that he had sold almost 50 bricks up to that point.
I asked him about his price gouging and he said he wouldn't do that. He said that he doesn't set the price as all his auctions were starting out at a penny and the ending price was whatever the person was willing to pay to play.
He simply said "if someone wants to pay me $150 for a brick of 22's, there's no way I'm going to say no".

That is perfectly fine with me, but I will never buy or sell anything to anybody that has been price gouging being a retailer or private seller. If you go the route above great, but don't set a ridiculous price.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2020, 08:24:44 AM »
Why not support your local stores? I have never bought ammunition online and think it's time is coming to an end. I'm sure glad I never went to this crazy vortex of a website that forced me to buy ammunition at high prices. Your lack of preparation does not constitute an emergency on anyone else's part.

Our local stores are sold out of all common ammo and have been for a couple of months. I like to buy local and will...if they ever have more ammo. :dunno:

And it's not a lack of preparation. It's constant training that requires a restock from time to time.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2020, 08:44:52 AM »
HW members price gouging!!!   New thread topic for those concerned.    Reality is people will charge what the buyer is willing to pay.   Just don’t buy from these people / companies ever....   that’s the only way to stop the gouging.  Unfortunately that will never happen because people will pay their prices. 

Offline konradcountry

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2020, 06:07:14 AM »
Devil's advocate here......fyi I'd give a sleeve of primers away before taking advantage of pricing......but a box of 9mm isn't essential.  You can survive without.  Ammo isn't food, shelter,  medical related.....
I disagree. It can provide you with food, shelter, and medical supplies in an emergency.... as long as they don't pull a gun too 🤣

I used to joke about this with my wife.

Oh don't worry hun, we have a stockpile of food just like the neighbor. I have a gun.

Offline jay.sharkbait

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2020, 06:11:17 AM »
Devil's advocate here......fyi I'd give a sleeve of primers away before taking advantage of pricing......but a box of 9mm isn't essential.  You can survive without.  Ammo isn't food, shelter,  medical related.....
I disagree. It can provide you with food, shelter, and medical supplies in an emergency.... as long as they don't pull a gun too 🤣

I used to joke about this with my wife.

Oh don't worry hun, we have a stockpile of food just like the neighbor. I have a gun.

Lol

Until you go to the wrong house..

Offline NWShooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: RockyMountain Elk foundation, Mule Deer Foundation, NRA.
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2021, 08:48:21 PM »
It’s called “Capitalism” . You know, working for profit? Supply and demand. A item is worth what one is willing to pay for it. If a person can’t afford it or isn’t willing to pay the price asked. Then move along. Anything after that is pointless.
A empty vessel makes the most noise.

"Every normal man must be tempted , at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]