collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: HB 1261 Would Increase Penalty for Failing to Report Harvest from $10 to $20  (Read 7537 times)

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
I don't understand why you just wouldn't report it. :dunno:  They use the info to set the # of tags available for certain units and could be beneficial to your unit to report.
Laziness

Some people are busy and just forget, I'm sure.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Online The scout

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
I’ve been given the fine at least 2 yrs when I for sure reported. It’s just a money grab anyway, unless the shape that are herds are in dire straights because not enough people report, but that can’t be because it’s the climate change  :rolleyes:

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
So whats the percentage of hunters that do it now? Is there something driving this besides money
The fiscal note for the bill is being drawn up now. Once it's published I will provide it. It will include how many people are currently being fined for not submitting.
Who receives the $? Wdfw, general fund or?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
I can tell you that  i have missplaced my snow goose card, and my kids crab cards always seem to disapear.  Ive resorted to taking a pic of them so i at least have the report code and usually know exactly how many and where they were harvested anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Widgeondeke

• Frontiersman
  • US Army Infantry 91-98
I paid once for not reporting salmon catch card. Never even fished for them and forgot I had one.

Offline Slenk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Idaho is starting the same program. Just so you know.

Offline Gobble Gobble

• Proud Daddy & Disabled Veteran
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
  • B.O.H.I.C.A.
I always report after the close of the season because I don't want the fine or to forget. Occasionally, I'll even check the WDFW website to make sure my profile shows that I have reported and that my "submitted" status hasn't changed. I don't trust the WDFW not to say I didn't submit when I know I did. Case in point previous posts of people saying they have been fined on more than one occasion when they know they have submitted.
God Bless,
Scott

Offline M_ray

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
I was fined a couple times when I did file my reports, on time. The second time I declined to buy licenses & never hunted big game in Washington again. It’s what finally made me have enough & start hunting other states.

This! It’s happened to me their story (Wdfw) is the site crashed. They weren’t interested in the information they just want the money.

I suspect the reason this politician wants to increase it is because it goes to general fund and this is a way of grabbing more money from the people because it prob happens more than you think. No way in one year would clerical costs double.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Growing old is mandatory ... Growing up is optional!

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
I was fined a couple times when I did file my reports, on time. The second time I declined to buy licenses & never hunted big game in Washington again. It’s what finally made me have enough & start hunting other states.

This! It’s happened to me their story (Wdfw) is the site crashed. They weren’t interested in the information they just want the money.

I suspect the reason this politician wants to increase it is because it goes to general fund and this is a way of grabbing more money from the people because it prob happens more than you think. No way in one year would clerical costs double.

Did either of you request and/or receive your money back?
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline M_ray

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman

Did either of you request and/or receive your money back?

:dunno: Not sure what you mean? you dont get to request your money back they dont issue you a license unless you pay the fine??? I refused and didnt buy or put in for Wa in 2019
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
So I always write down the confirmation numbers of my reports. 2 years ago I got popped and I went strutting into fish and game with my notes ready to get the fine dropped. Long story short, an hour of negotiations and a call to Olympia and my confirmation numbers were completely pointless and I got to fork out my $10. I almost just walked away from WA hunting altogether at that point. I still get furious just thinking about it.  I screen shot them now and I am firmly against this proposal!!!
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline TheSkyBuster

• Aim High
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sourdough
 I paid $20 in 2017 for not reporting in 2016 even though I did report.  Eventually I was refunded $10 of the $20.

https://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,214568.msg2856998.html#msg2856998

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
So whats the percentage of hunters that do it now? Is there something driving this besides money
The fiscal note for the bill is being drawn up now. Once it's published I will provide it. It will include how many people are currently being fined for not submitting.

The money goes to the wildlife fund.

Offline chukarchaser

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
Just another way to shaft hunters.  Why with all the scrap going on in the last year would they think to do this.  Oh yah because they do not care thats why. 

Offline M_ray

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman

The money goes to the wildlife fund.

Thanks for that I wasn’t sure. I just figured either way it’s all about the money.
Regardless no way the costs to dole out a penalty double in one year unless you are just looking to screw hunters out of more dough.

MB

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by gramps
[Today at 06:50:22 AM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]