collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 21-23 comment link is up  (Read 11690 times)

Offline Limhangerslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
Re: 21-23 comment link is up
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2021, 12:53:00 PM »
I found silver dollar in the LHP program.

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2021, 12:56:10 PM »
I found silver dollar in the LHP program.

Where they want to change the rules from being illegal to charge for access to strongly discourage from charging...  :bash:

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2021, 12:58:34 PM »
The goat proposals are a real head scratcher.

Apparently the smoke and mirrors secret special ops apply to be a kill group didnt work out so well in the Olympics.  :chuckle:

Back to conflict tags again.

And where did all the goats go they where able to relocate. All I see is a reduction in opportunity in the cascades. I think they need better spotters in their "fly" over surveys.... :bash:
right!?!?!?! Or they just flat out aren't flying like their elk counts  :dunno:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2021, 01:02:20 PM »

Apparently the smoke and mirrors secret special ops apply to be a kill group didnt work out so well in the Olympics.  :chuckle:

And where did all the goats go they where able to relocate. All I see is a reduction in opportunity in the cascades. I think they need better spotters in their "fly" over surveys.... :bash:

If they are flying its probably a one time thing, on a cloudy day.  Give me a bottle of water and snickers bar and I will triple their goat counts in the Naches and Bumping....

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2021, 01:15:56 PM »

the whole olympic peninsula draw makes no sense. Sell those suckers otc and let everyone have a chance!

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2021, 01:16:11 PM »
If they are flying I know they canceled the helicopter deer surveys
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Limhangerslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2021, 01:21:55 PM »

what they don’t say is when they flew it was the middle of the day in early august probably!

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2021, 01:24:49 PM »
Prob get flamed for this, but I fricken love the special permit change!!!!!!  Return your permit for any reason and get your points back, and then the next guy in line gets that permit!!  Bout time!! I know, I know, now my odds will go down.... blah blah, my odds suck either way! Now I can put in for all categories and not worry about losing points on my quality and bull categories!!  Love it!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline RB

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2021, 01:25:58 PM »
Prob get flamed for this, but I fricken love the special permit change!!!!!!  Return your permit for any reason and get your points back, and then the next guy in line gets that permit!!  Bout time!! I know, I know, now my odds will go down.... blah blah, my odds suck either way! Now I can put in for all categories and not worry about losing points on my quality and bull categories!!  Love it!

:yeah:

First thing I thought of too!
IAFF #3728

Offline RB

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2021, 01:27:31 PM »
Done! And you are not kidding it is a long one. Very disappointed with the Moose situation habitat is NOT the only factor with the reduced numbers!
IAFF #3728

Offline Sundance

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Scout
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2021, 01:37:31 PM »
My comments regarding the conflict resolution goat hunt in the Olympics.

I'm writing to you in regards to the potential reinstatement of the conflict goat reduction hunts within the Olympic Mountain range. It is my opinion that should the conflict reduction program be reinstated that tag numbers for the Olympic Mountain range need to drastically increase. Since the department and the NPS have determined that the goats are an invasive species to that ecosystem action(s) should be taken to greatly reduce their (goat) population. In the past WDFW had allocated 6-9 permits for non-tribal hunters for the conflict reduction draw. Past harvest rates were roughly 33%, therefore only 2-3 goats were being removed annually by non-tribal hunters in this program. With a total fertility rate of 6-7%, a population of 100 goats wouldn't be negatively impacted by a harvest of 2-3 animals per year. Given that past surveys had an estimated population of 1000+ goats, the minimal amount of available tags with the low harvest rate was severely inadequate to even qualify as a reduction effort. With the recent efforts of the NPS to relocate and lethally remove significant populations, a more aggressive approach is warranted by the department in future programs.  Please consider increasing the tag allocation opportunity to a number which would actually impact the current population to substantially reduce the herd volume. If the department issued 100 permits it would greatly increase revenue, be favorable among Washington sportsmen/women, and have a significant impact in reducing herd numbers. Since the conflict reduction program is separate from the once-in-a-lifetime draw (OIL), and the proposed rule changes would raise the lifetime bag limit to two goats per hunter (one per category), there is an ideal situation for the department to capitalize on this opportunity. The application fee for the conflict resolution category could be raised, the fee for the successful applicant tag could increase and more revenue would be generated to fund future relocation efforts or make up general budget shortfalls. Ultimately I see a mutually beneficial opportunity for scientific based management, user groups, and fiscal responsibility. Thank you for your consideration and I wish you all the best in your future endeavors within the department.

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2021, 01:38:19 PM »
So when you open the .pdf file and view the Quality Deer special permits none of the quantities changed much (2) at all which I find very strange.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2021, 01:45:41 PM »

Two weeks prior to is ridiculous..

You should have to return it within two weeks of getting it. Why hold onto it for two months then decide at the last minute you don't want it. I get the natural disaster scenario, fires and such. But now people will get to scout all summer and if they don't like what they see they can send the permit back no questions asked. Will the next guy in line have right of refusal. How many people will they have to call before they can unload the tags. You notify me two weeks before a season is going to start that I have a tag I've probably already made other plans.

I like the concept, I don't like the execution.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2021, 01:50:54 PM »

You should have to return it within two weeks of getting it. Why hold onto it for two months then decide at the last minute you don't want it. I get the natural disaster scenario, fires and such. But now people will get to scout all summer and if they don't like what they see they can send the permit back no questions asked. Will the next guy in line have right of refusal. How many people will they have to call before they can unload the tags. You notify me two weeks before a season is going to start that I have a tag I've probably already made other plans.

that 2 week deadline before the hunt starts is stupid, I agree it should be two weeks after the draw results, heck, even 4 weeks.  But I bet most people will be pretty happy getting a phone call out of the blue saying they were receiving the permit. 
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2021, 01:55:38 PM »

that 2 week deadline before the hunt starts is stupid, I agree it should be two weeks after the draw results, heck, even 4 weeks.  But I bet most people will be pretty happy getting a phone call out of the blue saying they were receiving the permit.
I didn't pay close attention to that section, did it say that the receiver of the hand me down permit would lose their points?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Woodchuck
[Today at 07:05:51 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by gramps
[Today at 06:50:22 AM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]