collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW NOT Closing ~15,000 acres of public land to hunting!  (Read 15738 times)

Offline JoeVon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: WDFW Closing ~15,000 acres of public land to hunting!
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2021, 04:22:15 PM »
Thank you, sounds like there is still some time to send some emails to the commissioners.

Offline hunterednate

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2021, 02:01:38 PM »
Where can you find the commissioner's contact info? I'd like to email them about this, too.

Offline Bullkllr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2021, 02:11:58 PM »
I might mention that the "difficult enforcement" theory is pretty bogus as there are only about three likely access points for the general public and two of them are on the same road.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 02:22:41 PM by Bullkllr »
"Making good people helpless will not make bad people harmless"

Offline JoeVon

• Longhunter
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2021, 04:19:53 PM »
I might mention that the "difficult enforcement" theory is pretty bogus as there are only about three likely access points for the general public and two of them are on the same road.

I agree.  I was wondering how many enforcement officers had made the trek in there to check people?   Also, if enforcement really is the issue (which we all know it's not), then why don't they just start writing tickets.   Isn't that what they are supposed to do?  I'd like to know just how many tickets/warnings have been issued for this area.

This whole thing is about the hunter/hiker encounters.  Seems to me that the USFS and WDFW no longer want the hunters back there earlier in the season.

Offline JoeVon

• Longhunter
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2021, 04:23:32 PM »
Where can you find the commissioner's contact info? I'd like to email them about this, too.

https://wdfw.wa.gov/about/commission/contact

This is a link to a form to contact the commision from WDFW'S website.    If anyone else has email addresses for commision members I'd love to see those also.

Offline Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
    • Washington State Trappers Association
  • Groups: WSTA, NTA, FTA, OTA, WWC, WFW, NRA
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2021, 06:03:11 PM »

This is a link to a form to contact the commision from WDFW'S website.    If anyone else has email addresses for commision members I'd love to see those also.
Anybody that works for DFW including Commissioners have a Department e-mail address that consists of their
 first name.last name@dfw.wa.gov
Bruce Vandervort

Offline bbarnes

• Longhunter
    • Mt Saint Helens Rescue .com
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2021, 10:52:38 PM »
Time to get rid of these commissioners and law enforcement that's to lazy to get out and walk,,,,,

Offline bbarnes

• Longhunter
    • Mt Saint Helens Rescue .com
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2021, 10:52:44 PM »
Time to get rid of these commissioners and law enforcement that's to lazy to get out and walk,,,,,

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2021, 05:26:56 AM »

Anybody that works for DFW including Commissioners have a Department e-mail address that consists of their
Even if you do contact a commission member direct they won't respond. They can lose there position on the commission if they are in direct contact with the public.
WDFW does not want them speaking direct to us hunters and fisherman. The only contact you get is your 3min in a meeting.And the contact email link above, all those emails are screened and read by a WDFW employees before it reaches the commission. They don't except any email like two days before the "meeting" it will get read after the meeting,after the decision has already been made.
The way I see it ...........
It's all just a bunch of B.S. ,the commission is there to keep the public interest at the top. Really there is no point in having a commission ,there not allowed to speak to the public,none of them are avid outdoors men/women.
They pretty much always agree with WDFW recommend,and scientific data that the department provides.
They need to just be done with the commission and let the department make the decision. So that the accountability can also fall on the department.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Old Salt
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2021, 10:32:39 AM »

Even if you do contact a commission member direct they won't respond. They can lose there position on the commission if they are in direct contact with the public.
WDFW does not want them speaking direct to us hunters and fisherman. The only contact you get is your 3min in a meeting.And the contact email link above, all those emails are screened and read by a WDFW employees before it reaches the commission. They don't except any email like two days before the "meeting" it will get read after the meeting,after the decision has already been made.
It's all just a bunch of B.S. ,the commission is there to keep the public interest at the top. Really there is no point in having a commission ,there not allowed to speak to the public,none of them are avid outdoors men/women.
They pretty much always agree with WDFW recommend,and scientific data that the department provides.
They need to just be done with the commission and let the department make the decision. So that the accountability can also fall on the department.
I know from personal experience, that is not true.
Bruce Vandervort

Offline hunterednate

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2021, 12:00:05 PM »
Thanks for the info. Just sent them my comments. Even if it doesn't get through to them, at least I tried.

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2021, 12:12:50 PM »

I know from personal experience, that is not true.
Do you know from personal experience......
There was a past commission meeting this year where they went over proper procedure for commission members,with a lawyer type person in the meeting.
Basically saying the department wants the commission to keep there conduct with the public to a minimum.
I could probably look up the link to the meeting for you if I really need too.

My own personal experience ,I have had WDFW contact me before my email was submitted to the commission ,so I do know they proof read them.

Here's a link to the meeting.
Pretty interesting stuff in there .
Fast forward to about the 24 min mark.
And I think there is a bunch about it towards the end of meeting.  , enjoy!!

https://zoom.us/rec/share/gZkbVrM7cY0dmWhM0xgzDUeAu51jPKbJgcrQNk1J_x1_tap32wt2EC7gyvF05hgu.Kw1yTn7YmJrLkXYA
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 12:51:11 PM by hunter399 »

Offline Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Old Salt
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2021, 05:44:59 PM »
I think you are somewhat misconstruing the Commissions actions in that meeting. They are dealing with a lot of public comment with the Zoom meetings that is eating up time in the meetings. Because of this the Commissioners are trying to save time by not interacting with the people testifying. Also they are not going to be considering agenda item comments that are in late or read comments coming in during a meeting.
All this is to save time.
Comments sent between meetings are going to get read. You probably won't get a reply  but especially if they get a lot of comments on a subject they are going to take notice. Will it make a difference on this item we are discussing? Maybe not but if someone is on the fence it might sway them.
A better chance to get them to listen is comments sent to them about a subject not on an upcoming agenda but something that will come up down the road. For instance if they get a steady stream of people complaining about too many cougars. I'm talking well thought out letters with some personal experience to highlight the issue, they will remember them. Maybe that is all we can hope for is that they remember a general consensus.
Bruce Vandervort

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2021, 06:33:18 PM »
I think you are somewhat misconstruing the Commissions actions in that meeting. They are dealing with a lot of public comment with the Zoom meetings that is eating up time in the meetings. Because of this the Commissioners are trying to save time by not interacting with the people testifying. Also they are not going to be considering agenda item comments that are in late or read comments coming in during a meeting.
All this is to save time.
Comments sent between meetings are going to get read. You probably won't get a reply  but especially if they get a lot of comments on a subject they are going to take notice. Will it make a difference on this item we are discussing? Maybe not but if someone is on the fence it might sway them.
A better chance to get them to listen is comments sent to them about a subject not on an upcoming agenda but something that will come up down the road. For instance if they get a steady stream of people complaining about too many cougars. I'm talking well thought out letters with some personal experience to highlight the issue, they will remember them. Maybe that is all we can hope for is that they remember a general consensus.
Sounds good 👍

Offline fireweed

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2021, 07:29:47 PM »
Yes or No--Do the commission members actually see the emails sent to the commission???

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]