collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Guns, ammo, reloading - fair market prices thread  (Read 7227 times)

Offline huntandjeep

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Guns, ammo, reloading - fair market prices thread
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2021, 05:04:14 PM »
interesting that small pistol primers were found recently at Sportsmans Warehouse.
I call my local Sportsmans a couple times a week asking if they have gotten any primers or powder in and have been getting told NO every time.
My timing must suck  :dunno: ;)
No its because the counter guy calls up his buddy and let's him know they are going on the shelves in the morning . Or the same guys show up every delivery day and wipe out what's put on the shelves. 
Anyone that thinks a Glock is better than a 1911 paints his toenails.
Yakima Valley Mountaineers

Offline bearhunter99

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2021, 05:15:36 PM »
Or one of the employees comes in before their shift and buy the stuff to resell....I overheard a conversation between employees that one of them had come in and bought more than you technically can because of the SKU being the same or something....
RIP Colockumelk   :salute:

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill

Genesis 27:3
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison

Offline redi

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2021, 05:38:59 PM »
I was told the corporate requires the store managers to post on Facebook The night before when they’re going to have Ammo put out. The next morning there will be a line a block long waiting to get in

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2021, 07:47:42 PM »
Lots of theories.  Strictly speaking about Sportsman’s,  the shipment days aren’t always the same from what I’ve been told.  There are limits on certain products. I’ve found 9mm ammo pretty regularly with no connection to the counter guy.  I always make it a point to ask about product and recent history, some are more friendly than others with info.  You just have to make it a point to stop regularly.  If you go in on the one afternoon of the month that they are out, I know it’s hard to believe that “normal people” have found any ammo.   I’ve been in several afternoons and seen plenty of ammo.  They did move the common high requested ammo to a shelf in customer service.  I believe that’s due in some part to theft from the signs I saw the week before they moved them.   I walked away today from around 100 boxes of 9mm because none of it was the target ammo I wanted.  At 2 boxes per customer, that’s 50 folks who can get some if they needed it.  I’ve purchased over 30 boxes of target 9mm locally in the last 4 months...  it’s out there.  I’ve also never paid over $14 a box.

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2021, 08:01:00 PM »
Now with regards to the Cabelas down the street from my house, they SUCK.   I rarely find anything there.  It’s horrible when compared to Sportsman’s for shooting needs.  Currently they don’t even have rifle ammo,  sportsman’s has some on the shelf every time I’ve been there for the last 2 weeks.   I don’t get it?  Perhaps everyone thinks Cabelas is the only place in town?  I refuse to stand in that line before they open just to race to the back with all the old geezers filling their basement.  Lol

Offline GWP

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2021, 08:53:51 PM »
I wonder if the Cabela’s shortage is more the ‘new’ gun owners that bought their gun there and actually do not know there are other places that carry ammo?
Cuterebra are NOT cute!

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2021, 09:45:03 PM »
Now with regards to the Cabelas down the street from my house, they SUCK.   I rarely find anything there.  It’s horrible when compared to Sportsman’s for shooting needs.  Currently they don’t even have rifle ammo,  sportsman’s has some on the shelf every time I’ve been there for the last 2 weeks.   I don’t get it?  Perhaps everyone thinks Cabelas is the only place in town?  I refuse to stand in that line before they open just to race to the back with all the old geezers filling their basement.  Lol

Just wait, shortly Sportsman's will be as useless as Cabelas unfortunately.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2021, 10:19:43 PM »
High stakes poker

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2021, 09:21:51 AM »
Did it again.

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2021, 08:05:29 PM »
Seems like a large amount of ammo/reloading supplies hit Sportsman’s today.   Cabelas even had some ammo.  $42 for a box of 9mm though... no thanks.

Offline M_ray

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2021, 09:17:54 PM »
Say’s the two guys living in Montana and Colorado ! No offense to you miles and oh mah actually I’m jealous but it’s easy for you two to say this is the norm? Neither of you have to battle the other 1/2 million other guys looking for the same thing that you are because you live in states with less population. You’re lucky cause you have less competition for the same products.  It’s easy for you to say how easy it is from your perspective but from here where we are it’s not the same and your experience is not the same across the country. Just sayin
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Growing old is mandatory ... Growing up is optional!

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2021, 06:43:42 AM »
Denver has a decent population, and Thornton is part of Denver.  We have shortage issues, you just have to keep checking.  It’s timing.    As I was walking out yesterday with the primers a guy in the parking lot says “they have primers?”  When I said yes, this 50 something year old man started running for the front door.   So if you want to come out here cause stuff is easier to find... make the drive. 

I stop at sportsman’s several times a week.  I keep tabs on what is going on.  If you did the same in WA you could probably find some product.  Obviously don’t go in the evening when the whole population is off work for the day.

Offline M_ray

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2021, 07:16:16 AM »
 :tup:

Most all the shops are on first name basis by now. When I was in Wyoming and Montana recently there was far more stuff on the shelves than in Wa. I’m getting some stuff but trust me I’ve also walked out of stores first thing in the morning 100 times lately empty handed. I get what your saying but just because you keep checking the well in a drought doesn’t make the rain appear 😉 Again totally jealous good for you!
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Growing old is mandatory ... Growing up is optional!

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2021, 08:08:42 AM »
I hear ya.  I got a little excited to find primers yesterday.  It’s nice walking out with something you were actually looking for.   I think things will change for the better in a few months.  I’ve noticed a slight change lately (for the better).

Offline Bill W

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, CBA
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2021, 08:25:13 AM »
Lots of theories.  Strictly speaking about Sportsman’s,  the shipment days aren’t always the same from what I’ve been told.  There are limits on certain products. I’ve found 9mm ammo pretty regularly with no connection to the counter guy.  I always make it a point to ask about product and recent history, some are more friendly than others with info.  You just have to make it a point to stop regularly.  If you go in on the one afternoon of the month that they are out, I know it’s hard to believe that “normal people” have found any ammo.   I’ve been in several afternoons and seen plenty of ammo.  They did move the common high requested ammo to a shelf in customer service.  I believe that’s due in some part to theft from the signs I saw the week before they moved them.   I walked away today from around 100 boxes of 9mm because none of it was the target ammo I wanted.  At 2 boxes per customer, that’s 50 folks who can get some if they needed it.  I’ve purchased over 30 boxes of target 9mm locally in the last 4 months...  it’s out there.  I’ve also never paid over $14 a box.

I got a part time job at our local one.  I see freight come in on Monday, Monday, Monday and then when I tell people the next freight should be the next Monday, it's delayed and doesn't show until Wednesday.  The key thing is the stores only get freight once a week so calling multiple times doesn't help.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal