collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Looking to trade powder, bullets dies and brass  (Read 1432 times)

Offline M_ray

• Non-Hunting & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Looking to trade powder, bullets dies and brass
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2021, 02:25:48 PM »
Am I missing something you already have 4831  :dunno: 4831 and 4831sc are the same thing. Do you just want the Short cut because it meters better? Otherwise per Hodgdon they are the same and can use the same load data.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Growing old is mandatory ... Growing up is optional!

Offline wannabhntr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2021, 02:43:14 PM »
Am I missing something you already have 4831  :dunno: 4831 and 4831sc are the same thing. Do you just want the Short cut because it meters better? Otherwise per Hodgdon they are the same and can use the same load data.
Just looked at my powders. Not sure what you are referring to. The only 4831 I had before I posted was a half pound of shortcut.
"PETA" People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline M_ray

• Frontiersman
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2021, 08:50:11 PM »
Just looked at my powders. Not sure what you are referring to. The only 4831 I had before I posted was a half pound of shortcut.

Sorry I thought you posted a pic of 4831 and offered it in trade ... am I mistaken? SC is the same powder ballistically. Depending on your powder drop sc meters better.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Offline Mossy

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2021, 10:14:42 PM »
I think thatís just a pic in the background of his good stuff  :chuckle:

Offline wannabhntr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2021, 07:34:52 AM »

Sorry I thought you posted a pic of 4831 and offered it in trade ... am I mistaken? SC is the same powder ballistically. Depending on your powder drop sc meters better.
No biggy. No I wasn't offering it. I know they're the same powder. SC is what I originally based my load off. I didn't know if the longer grains would fit in my short mag case as well as the SC. With my lack of knowledge and powder being all but impossible to fiind now days, I wanted to go with what I know works.
"PETA" People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline M_ray

• Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2021, 09:00:09 AM »

No biggy. No I wasn't offering it. I know they're the same powder. SC is what I originally based my load off. I didn't know if the longer grains would fit in my short mag case as well as the SC. With my lack of knowledge and powder being all but impossible to fiind now days, I wanted to go with what I know works.

:tup:

Gotcha, Iím pretty new to reloading too just a few years now. The SC is also advertised as less temp sensitive I see so thatís another advantage. Main thing is though that at least you still have basically the same thing and can still load if SC isnít available.

However Iím no pro so as always start from the bottom when trying any new powder (my disclaimer lol) also for any one else who sees this keep in mind although you can use the same load data interchangeable Between each of the H 4831 powders reg & sc Do Not use the Hodgson data for IMR 4831.

MB

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Chainsaws chainsaws chainsaws by WRENCHMAN
[Yesterday at 11:40:49 PM]

Multi season draw results by carpsniperg2
[Yesterday at 11:18:50 PM]

Small vs. Large Munsterlander by munsterlander
[Yesterday at 10:55:01 PM]

F/S Black Gold Ascent Verdict Assault. 5-pin Custom built With Blind man's light by BLDtraLR
[Yesterday at 10:30:06 PM]

JOBS: Looking for work/Looking to hire by JTB
[Yesterday at 10:04:58 PM]

2021 Turkeys!!! Let see those birds. by Mulie87
[Yesterday at 09:53:25 PM]

SWFA rifle scope (price drop) by craigapphunt
[Yesterday at 09:41:29 PM]

WTS bullets by swanderek
[Yesterday at 09:38:51 PM]

Trade/Co-op reloading stuff by hunter399
[Yesterday at 09:38:05 PM]

Wts wtt brand new in box razor Gen ll 4x27x56 riflescope by wrchinook