collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Oregon Seed Numbers Drawn  (Read 2758 times)

Offline kselkhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Oregon Seed Numbers Drawn
« on: May 24, 2021, 01:21:23 PM »
ODFW did the seed number drawing the other day.  Your application numbers will be visible in your ODFW account on June 2nd (because you can still make changes to your application until June 1st).  Attached seed numbers to compare your application number against.  For points draws, applications are sorted by highest points and application number, and 75% of tags are awarded to those highest points groups with applications starting at the seed number and indexing up.  The remaining applications are sorted by application number, and the remaining 25% of tags are awarded starting at the seed number and indexing up.   For Premium and OIL draws, tags are awarded with the application starting at the seed number and subsequent tags indexed above the seed number.  Basically if on June 2nd, your application number is one number above the seed number then you drew your tag....and the farther above the seed number that your application number is the lower your odds of drawing (depending on how many tags available for that hunt number).  Official results post on June 20th (no more early results releases).

Offline ShaneTyTrey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • Is there anything better than hunting?
Re: Oregon Seed Numbers Drawn
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 02:00:12 PM »
thanks for the information.

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 09:55:39 PM »
I refuse to look at seed numbers after I was <200 numbers above the premium buck tag I applied for last year. The 3 previous years, the winner was over 1000 above the seed number. I didn't get the tag. >:(

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 11:10:27 PM »
 :yeah:

I put no faith in them. I have had some super close ones the last few years and not got any tags.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline kselkhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2021, 07:58:02 AM »
The application numbers are posted in our ODFW accounts now.  No luck for me this year on OIL tag or 25% pool draw or Premium tags....my app numbers are way away from the seed numbers this year.   I'm even unlikely to draw my second choice buck tag either (which normally draw that one).  I "should" draw my antlerless tag in the 75% points pool because of my points, but given the influx of applications that's not even certain if a bunch of guys with more points chose to burn their points in my chosen unit this year.  Will see on June 20th for certain.   

Offline Ricochet

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2021, 11:07:51 AM »
Cross checked my numbers this morning and learned very little.  No bighorn (after 54 years of trying) or premium tags.  The numbers likely hurt my chances of drawing buck deer or pronghorn, (where I am in the 75% pool) and maybe enhanced my bull elk chances although since I'm not in the 75% there it isn't likely to help enough.  Still confused why they can't just run the numbers right now and post the results.
It is not my duty to validate your delusions.

Offline kselkhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2021, 11:21:43 AM »
Cross checked my numbers this morning and learned very little.  No bighorn (after 54 years of trying) or premium tags.  The numbers likely hurt my chances of drawing buck deer or pronghorn, (where I am in the 75% pool) and maybe enhanced my bull elk chances although since I'm not in the 75% there it isn't likely to help enough.  Still confused why they can't just run the numbers right now and post the results.

My app numbers are so far away from the seed numbers that I don't have to wait until the 20th for the draw. I already know I'm not drawing anything in the 25% pool or random drawings (OIL/Premium).  Which is probably a good thing, as I was assuming I wouldn't get lucky in the random draw when I booked flights to Hawaii with the wife for the week that would have overlapped a couple of those hunts.  Safer for my marriage this way. :-)  As the wife would have killed me if I changed Hawaii plans for an antelope hunt.....a bighorn OIL tag, maybe I could have begged for mercy on that one.  :-)

Offline finnman

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Sourdough
  • I gotcha where I want ya, now I'm gonna eat ya!
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2021, 08:30:09 PM »
I resisted the peekaboo for a day, then gave in. Looks bad, nothing but possibly Murderers creek buck tags for the wife and I. She had 24 non res points for elk and looks like she is out yet again for a big 3 tag.
I do love hunting muleys in Oregon, been a few years though since we started hunting in Montana and Wyoming.
But we have a good gig going this year so we will hopefully get our eyes on some good bucks this fall.

Offline ch1pnasty

• Tracker
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2021, 10:27:37 AM »
 all of mine are so far off , I would have been better off not looking lol .
good luck finnman - i changed my application and didnt end up applying for MC as i drew a OIL elk tag in NM and wont have time to commit to oregons rifle deer season .

Offline packmule

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2021, 11:13:16 AM »

My app numbers are so far away from the seed numbers that I don't have to wait until the 20th for the draw. I already know I'm not drawing anything in the 25% pool or random drawings (OIL/Premium).  Which is probably a good thing, as I was assuming I wouldn't get lucky in the random draw when I booked flights to Hawaii with the wife for the week that would have overlapped a couple of those hunts.  Safer for my marriage this way. :-)  As the wife would have killed me if I changed Hawaii plans for an antelope hunt.....a bighorn OIL tag, maybe I could have begged for mercy on that one.  :-)

Where do you find your application numbers once you are logged in?

Offline ch1pnasty

• Tracker
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2021, 11:38:30 AM »
its  in the recreational portfolio tab under controlled hunts

Offline jowings22

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
  • Groups: RMEF