collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Who's doing keto?  (Read 42843 times)

Offline Rutnbuxnbulls

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: Who's doing keto?
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2021, 09:46:06 AM »
Stein and Timberstalker- I'm interested in the Fasting/Keto combo.  Do you guys have some books or literature that you'd recommend for a beginner on each subject?  Or maybe some good web sites that you've used. 
I've finally realized that my diet needs some changes and my metabolism is slowing down (age 43) Put on a good 10-15 lbs in 2020 seems like.

Just started a couple days in a row of 18 hour fasts/8 hour eat with caloric limits and it seems like I have good energy and not really getting super hungry. 

Thanks for any help you guys or anyone out there can provide. 

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2021, 09:49:08 AM »
that crap will give ya the runs if too much.  trust me it can be bad. 
MAGA!  Again..

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2021, 09:58:17 AM »
Done keto.  It works well.  Inflamation reduction and balanced energy.  First week 4lb loss from liver and such.  Sugars are the bad boy in any diet and keto eliminates sugar.  Careful with artificial sweetners as they arent very healthy either and can mess with your insulin levels.  Some give ya poops if consumed larger amounts.   Fat bombs and cocunit oil and peanut butter are great pick me ups.  Some fasting helps with keto.  I didnt eat from 7pm to 11am.  No biggy.  Stay under 20g carb/sugar.  Brain fog is a real thing so consume a little bit of sugars )20g).  Meats are the ticket.  Eggs too.  Cheeses heck yeah.  Fatty foods should be Natural fats.   I did 18lbs in 3 weeks last year.  Now I will keto for a week or 10 days to drop 5-8lbs and stay at desired weights.  Almost time to do again.  I have set lb goal and if I exceed it I keto.   Hope this helps, good luck keto is great.  Blood pressure, weight, energy, inflamations all are better after day or too it seems.
MAGA!  Again..

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2021, 10:16:29 AM »
Following, just started a week ago... and followed your group Thanks!

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2021, 10:30:56 AM »
I been keto a few months now, hit a wall and quit loosing weight.

My plan to break this barrier is shed hunting, already found 4-5 ticks lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2021, 11:21:05 AM »
I've been doing keto for 3 months. Went from 200 pounds to 175 now, and still losing weight, but much slower at this point. When I started keto I was already down 15 pounds from the previous three months of just eating less, exercising more. But that quit working, so that's when I decided to try keto. I'll do this the rest of my life. No plans to ever change. I'll adjust my fasting schedule as needed but I won't be changing my diet. I now eat most days at noon and then again at 4:00. But many days I only eat one meal a day. That's the best thing about this way of eating- I just don't get hungry anymore. Worst part is none of my pants fit me anymore.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2021, 11:23:24 AM »
Stein and Timberstalker- I'm interested in the Fasting/Keto combo.  Do you guys have some books or literature that you'd recommend for a beginner on each subject?  Or maybe some good web sites that you've used. 
I've finally realized that my diet needs some changes and my metabolism is slowing down (age 43) Put on a good 10-15 lbs in 2020 seems like.

Just started a couple days in a row of 18 hour fasts/8 hour eat with caloric limits and it seems like I have good energy and not really getting super hungry. 

Thanks for any help you guys or anyone out there can provide.

The best book I have read is from Dr. Jason Fung, The Complete Guide to Fasting.  He also has a YouTube channel and has appeared on many others.

I just got the COVID shot, so I quit the ADF for now as I figured my body would need more energy and less stress while dealing with the immune response, but I will either see what progress I can make eating every day or jump back on it when I'm through with the shots.

ADF and keto is like magic, I lose .6-.8 lbs a day like clockwork.  I do try to add 40-45 min cardio every morning which gives me two sessions between meals.  It's a pretty extreme program, but when I get the notion to lose weight I want to get it over as quickly as possible - not the recipe the experts recommend, so don't take any of it as advice.  I think any type of restricted eating window will certainly help, I also did noon-6 pm maybe two years ago and that worked as well, but I generally don't get hungry until noon or sometimes later, so it's what works with your body.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2021, 12:09:33 PM »
ADF?

Alternate day fasting

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2021, 12:10:40 PM »
I'm very slow to gain weight, but slow to loose it too.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
Who's doing keto?
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2021, 12:31:53 PM »
ADF?

Alternate day fasting

Yeah, eat today and then not tomorrow.  Repeat until you are as skinny as you want to be.  Brutally simple.  Cut your food budget in half and have all kinds of spare time every other day.  It can be done on any "diet" on the eating day, some people lose while eating junk food and beer.  For me, doing keto makes it 10x easier on the fasting day as well as the other keto benefits.

Back in the day when I was traveling for work, it would be great to not have to eat on heavy travel days as you don't have to pack food and settle for whatever you could grab quickly at the airport or fast food in town.  When I was teaching technical classes, I was noticeably more sharp on the fasting days. 

I have only done one longer fast, I think it was either four or five days.  Pretty unexpected results, lots of stuff you can only experience fasting.
Anyway, different people respond differently, but a tool to try for those interested.

One thing I have adjusted is to only lift on eating days and in the evening after the last meal.  I feel and perform much better than trying to lift of fasting days or before eating.  When I'm fasting, the focus is on weight loss, not gym progress.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 01:36:29 PM by Stein »

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2021, 12:55:41 PM »
Wow been doing reading on fasting, its like a miracle cure all

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2021, 02:29:46 PM »
I was reading about a Keto program where you eat Keto for 5 days and then eat normal for 2, then repeat and it shocks the system and weight loss is actually faster... sounds kinda odd, but??

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2021, 03:10:09 PM »
Keto is normal. I'd never go back to eating the unhealthy processed carbohydrates/sugars that are the main part of the Standard American Diet.

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2021, 05:00:57 PM »
Another keto bonus....  Vodka and countrytime lemonade no sugar.  Always sold out but if ya find it its gold. :tup:
MAGA!  Again..

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2021, 05:26:30 PM »
OMAD is looking good to me

1 high quality meal, big arse steak and appropriate trimmings, then gtg for 24 hours

I'm fat adapted due to keto but weight loss has stalled out.

I'm not a treadmill guy, but I'll shed hunt all day.  Looking forward to warmer days.

Also I got insultin resistance and wanna nip that monster in tbe bud

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal