collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Who's doing keto?  (Read 42801 times)

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
Re: Who's doing keto?
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2021, 05:45:06 PM »
OMAD is great, also if your weight loss is stalled, try some longer fasts, like 36 hours up to about 72 hours. That's what worked for me. No exercise required. My A1c test last September was 5.7. Down to 5.3 as of a couple weeks ago.

Offline Kc_Kracker

• Sauceman
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2021, 01:46:48 AM »
that crap will give ya the runs if too much.  trust me it can be bad.
where did you come up with that, keto is merely cutting out carbs, so no, wrong, our bodies were never meant to process simple carbs in processed foods  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Offline Kc_Kracker

• Sauceman
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2021, 02:05:05 AM »
For everyone saying you'v hit a wall and stopped losing,
That means your body is NOT burning your storage of fat fr energy. which means your cheating somewhere maybe on accident.

Its simple, when your body runs out of carbs & sugar to burn, it burns your fat storage IE going into "ketosis". when you give your body carbs or sugar you leave ketosis and stop burning fat storage. Now, keep in mind, You need "some fat", in your diet is good, to a point! You will also stop losing if your consuming too much fat, i stopped losing til i realized it was the skin on all the chicken I'm eating giving me too much fat burn instead of my own fat! skin on 1 drumstick GOOD, skin on 19 hotwings BAAAAAAD  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: and you MUST drink a ton of water, must.

you GOT to read them labels! and have a limit, should be no more then 30 carbs a day, or 10 per meal, if your not losing go down to like 5 or 6, and watch the fat intake! be weary of sauces, rubs, spices, condiments, etc. imitation sweetener can be an issue for most too. and not all fruits and veggies are ok to eat , alot of them especially "root" vegetables will kick you out of ketosis due to the carbs! my blood sugar was high all weekend, from onions i had on a steak Friday night. its THAT easy to stop losing!! keto isnt a diet, its a complete lifestyle CHANGE, your either all in or your wasting your time because little cheats stop the process.

Again, down 31 lbs in the first 5 weeks, pants from a size 46 to a 38. i was lucky enough to have a diabetic nutritionist and a keto expert drill it all into me.
 :tup:

Online trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2021, 06:08:18 AM »
toughest part for me is while I'm at work, I drive around a lot and need something to do while driving. I love sunflower seeds and my whole life for the most part I've eaten a bag a day during the work week, no cravings for them on the weekends at all.  I've tried to only eat half the bag and the other half the next day, but fail 90% of the time at that. Damn they are good!  How often do you guys have a cheat meal?  We have a friend that cheats once a week and that seems to kick her back into ketosis?  I had a cheat meal on friday and damn if I didn't loose 2-4 pounds by sunday. 
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2021, 07:57:17 AM »
that crap will give ya the runs if too much.  trust me it can be bad.
where did you come up with that, keto is merely cutting out carbs, so no, wrong, our bodies were never meant to process simple carbs in processed foods  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
I refer to the "erythotil"?? sweetner.  Spelling...  One of em,   think that one I tried in my coffee.  4 cups coffee with it and it was like I ate exlax.  BAD.  Go very easy.  Also most of those fake sweetners are chemicals and not proven safe imop and can mess with insulin levels as well.
MAGA!  Again..

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2021, 07:58:32 AM »
Stevia will fix that.
Sugar alcohols will clean you out.  LOL. :chuckle:
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2021, 07:59:44 AM »
For everyone saying you'v hit a wall and stopped losing,
That means your body is NOT burning your storage of fat fr energy. which means your cheating somewhere maybe on accident.

Its simple, when your body runs out of carbs & sugar to burn, it burns your fat storage IE going into "ketosis". when you give your body carbs or sugar you leave ketosis and stop burning fat storage. Now, keep in mind, You need "some fat", in your diet is good, to a point! You will also stop losing if your consuming too much fat, i stopped losing til i realized it was the skin on all the chicken I'm eating giving me too much fat burn instead of my own fat! skin on 1 drumstick GOOD, skin on 19 hotwings BAAAAAAD  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: and you MUST drink a ton of water, must.

you GOT to read them labels! and have a limit, should be no more then 30 carbs a day, or 10 per meal, if your not losing go down to like 5 or 6, and watch the fat intake! be weary of sauces, rubs, spices, condiments, etc. imitation sweetener can be an issue for most too. and not all fruits and veggies are ok to eat , alot of them especially "root" vegetables will kick you out of ketosis due to the carbs! my blood sugar was high all weekend, from onions i had on a steak Friday night. its THAT easy to stop losing!! keto isnt a diet, its a complete lifestyle CHANGE, your either all in or your wasting your time because little cheats stop the process.

Again, down 31 lbs in the first 5 weeks, pants from a size 46 to a 38. i was lucky enough to have a diabetic nutritionist and a keto expert drill it all into me.
 :tup:
:yeah:   Total agreement.  Good info KC.
MAGA!  Again..

Offline Kc_Kracker

• Sauceman
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2021, 08:15:52 AM »
toughest part for me is while I'm at work, I drive around a lot and need something to do while driving. I love sunflower seeds and my whole life for the most part I've eaten a bag a day during the work week, no cravings for them on the weekends at all.  I've tried to only eat half the bag and the other half the next day, but fail 90% of the time at that. Damn they are good!  How often do you guys have a cheat meal?  We have a friend that cheats once a week and that seems to kick her back into ketosis?  I had a cheat meal on friday and damn if I didn't loose 2-4 pounds by sunday.
pickles olives lunchmeat etc are my go to.

Offline Kc_Kracker

• Sauceman
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2021, 08:18:54 AM »
Stevia will fix that.
Sugar alcohols will clean you out.  LOL. :chuckle:
yes most alcohol is pure sugar. but you can now get the seltzer beers with no sugar and 2 carbs. no buzz but taste good lol

Offline Kc_Kracker

• Sauceman
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2021, 08:21:38 AM »
Here's a good what i can and cant eat, and still dont just eat freely, some still have carbs just low. remember, its not 2 carbs per package, its 2 carbs per SERVING, gotta look at that serving size!

Offline Kc_Kracker

• Sauceman
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2021, 08:24:10 AM »
OMAD is great, also if your weight loss is stalled, try some longer fasts, like 36 hours up to about 72 hours. That's what worked for me. No exercise required. My A1c test last September was 5.7. Down to 5.3 as of a couple weeks ago.
good job, Feb 12th when i was admitted to the ER my blood sugar was 420 and a1c was 12.8  :o

Offline Kc_Kracker

• Sauceman
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2021, 08:25:48 AM »
ive gotten hooked on garlic n jalapeno stuffed olives  :chuckle:

Online trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2021, 09:17:08 AM »
Mmmmmm good!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2021, 10:03:58 AM »
I got hooked on anahiem peppers boated,  filled with 3 cheeses (cream cheese, feta, parm or whatever else)
sprinke of southwest type seasoning topped with bacon

Baked 350 till pepper cooked, finished on low broil until bacon crisped up some.

Would be good on a treager

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2021, 11:18:08 AM »
I've never fasted beyond 12 - 18 hours, and then only because blood draw lipids panel.

How bad does it suck?  Be honest...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]