collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Who's doing keto?  (Read 42791 times)

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
Re: Who's doing keto?
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2021, 02:09:34 PM »
No hypocrisy here. I reversed my insulin resistance by doing the opposite of what these  established and respected medical establishments would have me do. And there's plenty of other people like myself reversing their metabolic issues by following a ketogenic diet. We would not have this success if we were to follow the standard American diet.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2021, 02:12:54 PM »
No hypocrisy here. I reversed my insulin resistance by doing the opposite of what these  established and respected medical establishments would have me do. And there's plenty of other people like myself reversing their metabolic issues by following a ketogenic diet. We would not have this success if we were to follow the standard American diet.

There's lots of profit and vacations for big pharm and doctors who keep their patients on insulin and other drugs for things which can successfully be treated with a keto diet.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2021, 02:19:57 PM »

There's lots of profit and vacations for big pharm and doctors who keep their patients on insulin and other drugs for things which can successfully be treated with a keto diet.

Exactly. But the truth is slowly coming out. Thanks mostly to social media.

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2021, 02:22:05 PM »

What about all the people who don't have to take insulin or other drugs and don't follow keto? Those who don't have health issues yet consume those devils known as carbs and fruit?
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2021, 02:31:34 PM »

What about all the people who don't have to take insulin or other drugs and don't follow keto? Those who don't have health issues yet consume those devils known as carbs and fruit?

Like I said it may not be an issue when you're younger and especially if you're very physically active, but as you get older and especially if you're more sedentary, that's when you might start having more issues with a high carb diet.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2021, 02:36:52 PM »
Yup - its a cascading failure

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2021, 02:38:48 PM »

Like I said it may not be an issue when you're younger and especially if you're very physically active, but as you get older and especially if you're more sedentary, that's when you might start having more issues with a high carb diet.

I also think it has to do with the quality of diet people of all ages are on. Processed foods and all the added garbage that is in much of the American diet is what is killing us and what has played a huge role in the pandemic but that is a whole different thread.

I really do appreciate the dialogue and discussion here too  :tup:

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2021, 02:44:30 PM »
On the gout issue:

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2021, 02:47:41 PM »

If you don't have any health problems, including weight, why would you change your diet? I think you're missing the point. Many people switch to a keto diet to address serious health issues and for many, it works.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2021, 02:50:38 PM »

If you don't have any health problems, including weight, why would you change your diet? I think you're missing the point. Many people switch to a keto diet to address serious health issues and for many, it works.

Agree 100%. Its a diet that does wonders to address issues.

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2021, 02:55:13 PM »

Thats me...  Or was but getting close to 50 now and things are changing.  Better diet is better feeling.  Easier to add on 10lbs now.  Joints get little stiff.  Energy drops sometimes. etc.  But when I do Keto I feel amazing in comparison to not keto.   Inflamation and energy, alertness all are improved.  Be it Keto or the diet it is real and worth doing if needed and good to try if healthy n young imop.  It is all about our DIET in the end.  R wat Ya eat.   :tup:
MAGA!  Again..

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2021, 07:47:13 PM »
Did my 24 hour mark, it went well, nothing serious for gnawing hunger, just empty feeling but no sick feeling like you wanna puke hungry, no lay down in a hole and die hungry.

Almost decided to skip today all together but wanna get OMAD adjusted better, then think about it.

This might be a game changer, no worry about cooking on a mountian, no packing mt house meals, cooker or anything weighing me down.  Just water, and a lot less of that too. 

Sweat less, move easier, no bloated up, no inflammation

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2021, 10:59:37 PM »
I’m guessing 20 year old Olympic athletes aren’t following this thread.

I do know I have lifted my heaviest and ran my fastest of my life on really low carb.

I’m also fairly confident it’s not the same for everyone.  I tried carnivore and crashed, not for me.  I tried high carb for 10 years and failed. The only way I thrived was with an open mind and giving each theory an honest trial.

Other than the FDA pyramid, you can find someone on the planet doing well on almost any diet.  Genes and history matter as does age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2021, 06:20:16 AM »
Liking keto more, started at 204, hit 189 today!  pretty stoked to see the 180's again, hoping to hit 180 by hunting season.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Cougartail

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2021, 07:08:57 AM »
On the gout issue:

It's a fact that vegans have higher body PH than people who eat meat. As you raise the PH of your body so do you it's ability to carry uric acid out of it.
No gout sufferer will have a gout flare from eating to much of most fruits and vegetables and most will have a flare up from to much meat.
In most fruits and vegetables the nutrients like vitamin C and magnesium far outweigh the effects of increased carbs.

In 20 plus years of battling it I've read, tried, and tested most theories. If I eat to much meat my urine PH drops and my gout flares.
Since this is the internet I'm sure one video clip from one guy who doesn't have gout (?) outweighs my research. lol

Did Trump hurt your feelings?

I only seem like a macho guy if you have low T and you listen to the Village  People

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]