collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Trail Camera......Reviews on some I've never heard of??  (Read 7313 times)

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
Trail Camera......Reviews on some I've never heard of??
« on: March 21, 2021, 08:31:04 PM »
If you search Amazon for trail cameras and pick 4+ star ratings it comes up with a plethora of cams I have never heard of.  Are these junk cams that Amazon gives good ratings on because they get bigger kick back or....are they legit?  Anyone use:

- Campark
- guardpro
- Meidase
- Crenova
- tuguard
- victor

here are the links?? 

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=trail+cameras&rh=n%3A3375251%2Cp_72%3A1248957011&dc&qid=1616383490&rnid=1248955011&ref=sr_nr_p_72_1

https://buyersguide.org/trail-camera/t/best?kw=3454182033630369919&m=b&d=c&c=489367147581&p=&oid=kwd-38675371&lp=9033620&li=&nw=g&nts=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3duCBhCAARIsAJeFyPVUJfb9O9Drjhb-LBYkdOzq5XUGnraUUF5ci0_78N4JA9fgHVd7cXkaAvi-EALw_wcB&tdid=9070318&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3duCBhCAARIsAJeFyPVUJfb9O9Drjhb-LBYkdOzq5XUGnraUUF5ci0_78N4JA9fgHVd7cXkaAvi-EALw_wcB

Offline Platensek-po

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
Re: Trail Camera......Reviews on some I've never heard of??
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 08:34:38 PM »
If you search Amazon for trail cameras and pick 4+ star ratings it comes up with a plethora of cams I have never heard of.  Are these junk cams that Amazon gives good ratings on because they get bigger kick back or....are they legit?  Anyone use:

- Campark
- guardpro
- Meidase
- Crenova
- tuguard
- victor

here are the links?? 

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=trail+cameras&rh=n%3A3375251%2Cp_72%3A1248957011&dc&qid=1616383490&rnid=1248955011&ref=sr_nr_p_72_1

https://buyersguide.org/trail-camera/t/best?kw=3454182033630369919&m=b&d=c&c=489367147581&p=&oid=kwd-38675371&lp=9033620&li=&nw=g&nts=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3duCBhCAARIsAJeFyPVUJfb9O9Drjhb-LBYkdOzq5XUGnraUUF5ci0_78N4JA9fgHVd7cXkaAvi-EALw_wcB&tdid=9070318&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3duCBhCAARIsAJeFyPVUJfb9O9Drjhb-LBYkdOzq5XUGnraUUF5ci0_78N4JA9fgHVd7cXkaAvi-EALw_wcB

I tried one. Don’t remember the brand. It was garbage
“Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary.”

If you are not willing to die for freedom then take the word out of your vocabulary.

Offline 3boys

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scout
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 08:41:16 PM »
I use the Toguard H40-1  Been trouble free and super easy to use. Easy to email pics and been left out for weeks in the rain and snow with no problems. Didn't get from Amazon.

Offline dan11011

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Hunter
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 09:16:57 PM »
I got the campark camera as a gift. I have had zero problems with it. Only thing that’s annoying is it uses the mini SD cards. For some reason, batteries last a really long time in it. The screen is pretty convenient. Photo Quality is above average for its price. If looking for a budget camera, I wouldn’t hesitate to get another one of these. Of course you might have problems, but I haven’t.

Offline HillHound

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 09:23:59 PM »
I’ve left the camparks out year round and they are still going after 2+ years. The guardpros look like they are made by the same company. Just hung two of them up a couple weeks ago but so far they seem to have decent trigger speed and take good pictures and video. I wouldn’t say they are the best out there but they are more reliable than my stealth cams. I have a Campark and a stealth cam set up on the same trail and the campark got multiple pics of a cougar and the stealth cam had none. The camp park also gets deer running by on a regular basis that the stealth cam just shows up with empty pictures because the trigger speed is to slow. When the stealthcam actually does get the picture I would say the quality is a little better. It seems like the price has gone up but so has everything. I will buy them again

Offline Born2late

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2021, 10:07:54 PM »
i buy the blaze video off amazon and they have worked great.We have run 4 in the last two years .Easiest camera ive used. im running 15 bushnells right now and will be phaseing those out for the blaze videos. less expensive and haven't had a single problem with them.

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2021, 10:13:42 PM »
Just found a screaming deal on the BOG trail cameras.....gonna give them a shot.  I will report back on how they work.  They get great reviews so I imagine they will work great. 

I currently run moultrie, and cuddyback.....but was looking at more budget friendly cams.  I try to keep my max at $100 or less.  My experience with trail cams is you get what you pay for....but it gets pricy when your running 10-15 cams.   

When I saw the reviews on the cams listed in the original post, I thought....what the heck might try them.  I think a couple reviews on here have swayed me back to mid budget ranged cams. 

Thanks for the input guys.  I will post pics of the Bog Cams in the coming months. 

Online Wolfdog2314

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2021, 04:41:27 PM »
I just bought four of the “Victure” cameras. Couple of the HC200, one HC300 and an HC400. They’re all under 50$ a piece. My buddy uses them and I’ve seen pictures off of them. So I figured I’d give them a try. Gotta be better than my Bushnell trophy cams I spent 100$ a piece on and they crap out after barley a season. I’ll report back later this summer/fall.

Online BreezyBear

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
  • RMEF Life Member
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2021, 12:36:35 PM »
I got one of the Campark T70's, not impressed.  The reason they are getting lots of good reviews is because they are paying for them, $15 gift card or free sd card or a free 4 in 1 card reader.  You can't adjust the sensitivity so pretty much useless here in Eburg, got 1100 wind pics this weekend, had a Bushnell set right next to it, 11 pics.  Picture quality is fine though.

Offline FFCharlieP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Pilgrim
    • Charlie Parsons
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2021, 06:54:40 AM »
I bought the Campark mini trail 2-pack on Amazon for $89 a few months ago, my first cameras. I spent $16 on 2 32gb cards and another $24 on a 20-pack of rechargeable batteries, so I'm in just over $130.

The quality is nothing exceptional but I've gotten some great pics and they've been great in the weather here in the Elma/Oakville area, though I haven't had them up in super cold temps yet. And, as BreezyBear said, it is a bit sensitive. I run mine on video and tend to get a fair amount of foliage shots when the winds pick up.

Overall, I am pretty happy with mine, but I don't have any experience to compare them with.
God, family and country.

Offline kselkhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2021, 08:04:05 AM »
I recently bought 4 of the Wosoda cheap game cameras off Amazon for $29 each.  Bought 32GB SD cards for $6.50 each also off Amazon.  With batteries I'm around $40 per unit all in.  The reason I bought these is I'm putting them out in an area where theft is a higher probability if somebody found one, and didn't want to put my nice cameras down there...I put my nicer cameras in more remote areas.   Figured what the heck I can put out four cameras for ~$160.  If they get stolen or break quickly, I won't cry about it as much.   

For now have just powered them up for some quick tests.  Seem fine. 

Will be putting them out next month, and will advise how they do once out in the elements.  I'll be checking them every 3-4 weeks until the season.   

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2021, 08:19:20 AM »
Are you guys with camparks putting them in safety boxes? I wonder if they will fit in a Bushnell safety box? One of the downsides I see to switching cameras is having to buy new safety boxes.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline FFCharlieP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Pilgrim
    • Charlie Parsons
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2021, 08:31:51 AM »
Are you guys with camparks putting them in safety boxes? I wonder if they will fit in a Bushnell safety box? One of the downsides I see to switching cameras is having to buy new safety boxes.

I'm not, but then, mine are on gated and fenced private property, so I haven't had to worry about theft. And although I had one curious raven get up close and personal with one of my cams, I haven't had any wildlife fool around with them.
God, family and country.

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2021, 08:32:00 AM »
I stopped buying safety boxes years ago.   Camera models change faster and more often than I change underwear  :yike and the boxes never fit the new cams….just a waste of money in my opinion.   I try and hangs mine 10-12 feet up to keep critters from messing with them.  I loose a couple cams a year to bear damage!!!! :bash: :bash:   They will climb trees to mess with them…..but usually don’t destroy them.   I’m assuming because their mits are hanging on to the tree and not clawing at the cam.   

After this post, I purchased two bog clandestine cams, I bushnell and a SPYPOINT micro s cell camera and I love them all.    Great pictures night and day.   

I lied…..I did buy a bear box for the SPYPOINT cell camera.   :chuckle: But only because the antenna conectio. Needed protection or it would be the first thing ripped off. 

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2021, 11:23:38 AM »
Started buying wildview 12mp cams last year for $35. 0 issues so far . 1 cam probably has taken 100k pics so far.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]