collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: New Mexico trapping ban is back  (Read 830 times)

Offline Norman89

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Proud holder of 110 Zardos points!
New Mexico trapping ban is back
« on: March 23, 2021, 08:12:16 AM »
https://www.themeateater.com/conservation/policy-and-legislation/new-mexico-legislature-passes-bill-to-ban-trapping-on-public-land

Not looking to well. But in the article I guess it's now ok to call indigenous people "archaic" and "barbaric" for practicing trapping for there uses. This crap gets confusing, the supposed ban allows american indians to trap for ceremonial or religious practices, but not for others to harvest for fur? Seems another case of antis showcasing one illegal trap to remove the rights of all trappers.....sound familiar hunters??? Gun owners????. Iv said it before and I'll say it again, if we do not stand together as an example to everyone that we are all respectful conservationists, then we in time will lose every right we have to enjoy the great outdoors. You don't have to like trapping to see where the lines start to cross. Not trapping fur bearers? Guess there is no need to hunt them either then they get rid of predator control. Oh you don't have a need to hunt that coyote, so you don't need your ar-15, or anything chambered in a military round, or,or,or ect. I don't see an end to this fight that goes well for sportsmen of any kind if we don't stand for each other, and trapping seems to always be the low hanging fruit the antis will jump on, thinking it will get them a leg up to the next fight. Be aware and stay informed, and take a stand lest you dont pass on to the next generation your love of the outdoors and everything in it for it to be useless dead knowledge

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by trophyhunt
[Today at 06:05:35 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]