collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Skinner Peep, Henry H001  (Read 742 times)

Offline coonhound

• Jeff ><>
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Jeff ><>
Skinner Peep, Henry H001
« on: March 29, 2021, 08:37:28 PM »
My father in-law just gave me a Henry H001 as a Thank You gift for living at our house for a while. This little gun is fantastic, it's a real pleasure to shoot and it fits the grandkids great. After shooting it with the standard open sights I really wanted something different. I remembered how much I loved the 22 I used as a kid, an old Winchester pump with a peep sight. Many grouse fell victim to that old gun, I decided that this little lever gun deserved the same treatment. I ordered a Skinner peep and couldn't be happier. Nice machine work, simple design and a great little company to do business with. I did have to drill and tap the receiver to mount it and make some modifications to the front sight because it was a little too low. Fortunately I was a machinist for many years so it was a pretty easy job to get it set up. I took it out to the back yard and hung a target at 25yds, took a rest on my fence and without any adjustments shot this nice little group. I can't wait to re-live some childhood memories as I thin the local grouse population.

Offline MountainWalk

• "Pa Nevermissashot"
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • High lead logger/ cutter
Re: Skinner Peep, Henry H001
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 09:31:42 PM »
Outstanding!
The way that you wander, is the way that you choose
The day that you tarry, is the day that you lose

* Advertisement