collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Multi season draw results  (Read 47353 times)

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
Re: Multi season draw results
« Reply #255 on: April 17, 2021, 06:34:21 AM »
Hunt September thru December.  What's not to love?   :dunno:

Plus the slim odds of drawing in any or all of 3 weapons,  :tup:

with the ability to return permits and get points back.    :rolleyes:
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline buglebrush

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #256 on: April 17, 2021, 07:22:17 AM »
21 thousand multi elk applicants this year, no wonder us with lots of points didn't draw.  I wonder what you guys think about more multi tags?  Do most apply just so they can have more options in the draw? Or do most usually take advantage of the three weapons seasons?  I wonder how many people actually can take that much time off for all three, I personally end up being a weekend warrior on a couple weapons if I manage to pick up an elk multi tag.  I also wonder if the herds would even have more pressure by adding 1 or 2 thousand more multi tags? But with 21 thousand applicants and climbing, odds at 1,ooo permits won't get any better.

The answer is to make people pay up front.  Odds would drastically increase. 

Offline HillHound

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #257 on: April 17, 2021, 07:23:57 AM »
I like that idea. :yeah:

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #258 on: April 17, 2021, 08:10:00 AM »
21 thousand multi elk applicants this year, no wonder us with lots of points didn't draw.  I wonder what you guys think about more multi tags?  Do most apply just so they can have more options in the draw? Or do most usually take advantage of the three weapons seasons?  I wonder how many people actually can take that much time off for all three, I personally end up being a weekend warrior on a couple weapons if I manage to pick up an elk multi tag.  I also wonder if the herds would even have more pressure by adding 1 or 2 thousand more multi tags? But with 21 thousand applicants and climbing, odds at 1,ooo permits won't get any better.

I agree with having to buy license and tag first.  How many don't buy license if they don't draw MS?  Same with OIL's.  Pay up front.
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Online highside74

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #259 on: April 17, 2021, 08:18:10 AM »
I apply for elk only to get the chance to put in for Eastside tags and hunt the west if I don't draw a special tag. I have always thought pay upfront is the way to go. With 21k entries, that would be a mad dash and a lot of upset people. I guarantee more than half would be willing to pay upfront.

21k is more than some Moose and Ram unit entries. Amazing

Offline dvolmer

• Sourdough
« Reply #260 on: April 17, 2021, 09:23:53 AM »

The state knows they will all sell so no need to get the money up front. They are making the killing on the $6 applicant fee for everyone applying. It’s all about the money to them. That many applicants X $6= do the math. They are killing it. One more way for them to drain your pockets.  The actual permit is just the bait. 
Zonk Volmer

Online highside74

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #261 on: April 17, 2021, 09:29:15 AM »
That is a good point

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #262 on: April 17, 2021, 05:08:44 PM »

The state knows they will all sell so no need to get the money up front. They are making the killing on the $6 applicant fee for everyone applying. It’s all about the money to them. That many applicants X $6= do the math. They are killing it. One more way for them to drain your pockets.  The actual permit is just the bait.
$126,000 just in application fees. I'm sure they are happy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline xX Let ER Rip Xx

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: CCA
« Reply #263 on: April 18, 2021, 06:00:53 AM »
Yup!!! Fo sho!!! They’re more then happy to micro manage the outdoors sportsman!! They love it. Lol......

Anyways, I’m a west side hunter as well, and I try for multi season elk mainly for the chance to apply for some east side tags, I put in for deer to have the extra time and seasons for deer hunting, I primarily hunt archery and usually don’t hunt modern or muzzleloader seasons unless I draw multi season deer. If I don’t draw multi season elk, for me at least I can hunt branch antlered bulls on the west side. Terrain and vegetation may be thicker, but there’s bulls I can hunt without having to apply for permits, even though I still apply for archery hunts I can hunt bulls over here.
Never give up.... you never know what’s around the next corner or over the next ridge......enjoy it while you can!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #264 on: April 18, 2021, 09:33:17 AM »
I have zero interest in hunting spikes, so the draw for the elk is so I can apply for permits on the east side and hunt on the west side when I don’t draw. All that said I’ve never drawn and I’m not much of an elk hunter. Sooo...
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline OltHunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scout
« Reply #265 on: April 18, 2021, 10:07:25 AM »
Drew my first ever multi season deer this year! No elk, but didn't expect to anyway. But curious, I know they sell the leftover, unclaimed deer tags in August, but is there ever a shot to pick up an unclaimed multi season elk tag?
unclaimed elk tags are very few and they sell in about 10 seconds. Seriously hard to get, you have to be first in line and hope the person across the counter has their chit together and types very fast!!

Last year they didn't do it that way due to COVID.  Who knows this year.
Thats right, I forgot.  Hopefully they do the same thing this year, the left over tags should go to the next in line to draw.

What did they do differently last year? Online VS going into the store?

Offline 85yota

• Scout
« Reply #266 on: April 18, 2021, 10:09:01 AM »
Not sure what was different i was at store 1 hr before they were on sale  And big 5 had a 8 person line and they system was extremely slow.. I think they allowed people to call in from.home?

Offline JakeLand

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #267 on: April 18, 2021, 10:27:53 AM »
You couldn’t physically turn your tag in at the store you had to call and cancel it last year

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Old Salt
« Reply #268 on: April 18, 2021, 10:57:22 AM »
Drew my first ever multi season deer this year! No elk, but didn't expect to anyway. But curious, I know they sell the leftover, unclaimed deer tags in August, but is there ever a shot to pick up an unclaimed multi season elk tag?
unclaimed elk tags are very few and they sell in about 10 seconds. Seriously hard to get, you have to be first in line and hope the person across the counter has their chit together and types very fast!!

Last year they didn't do it that way due to COVID.  Who knows this year.
Thats right, I forgot.  Hopefully they do the same thing this year, the left over tags should go to the next in line to draw.

What did they do differently last year? Online VS going into the store?

No competing online or first in line at dealers across the state.  They passed permit to next in line or......burned it.

Offline 85yota

• Scout
« Reply #269 on: April 18, 2021, 03:28:46 PM »
So maybe the dealer called it in but I turned my tag into the store as with the other people in line.. We did about 5 at once so im guessing she called them all in at the same time while online which makes sense on the delay.. Not sure of the passed in line or burned.. What I understood it was still first come first serve.. Why would they burn money?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]