collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Upgrade from Swarovski SLC to EL  (Read 7175 times)

Offline kentrek

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Upgrade from Swarovski SLC to EL
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2021, 11:38:25 PM »
I know your asking about els but If you can get out and spend a couple days with the pures I would do it...yes they cost 1k more...yes at 1st glimpse in the store they are marginally better

But in the field...they are kings...my 10 pures outperformed my b518s at distance..and often when going from the 10s to the 25x stx it's amazing how little difference there is some how...idk how to even explain it...obviously that sounds crazy but it's just my thoughts...if the pures or els get you back to work one or two days sooner they pay for themselves in short order...depending on how much you hunt that could add up fast

Just some thoughts

Offline lewy

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • IBEW RMEF WSTA WCO NRA
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2021, 06:58:47 AM »
For me the slc’s have always been more comfortable on my chest, in my hands and on my eyes but that’s just me. I am however itching to try the pures. IMO if you are in the market for high end glass don’t worry about a negligible price difference between brands/models you are already pot committed, if $500-1000 extra is gunna hurt you probably shouldn’t be spending that kind of money on binos in the first place :chuckle:
Go hawks

Offline blindluck

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2021, 04:46:09 PM »
I decided to upgrade from my SLC to the el. After some testing. I kept my SLC and sold the el. Not impressed

Offline huntandjeep

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2021, 11:33:50 AM »
Well sold the SLCs and picked up a pair of ELs . So far I'm pretty impressed
Anyone that thinks a Glock is better than a 1911 paints his toenails.
Yakima Valley Mountaineers

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2021, 02:36:53 PM »
I’ve had this discussion several times over the past month since I bought the new EL Range TA and have gotten crap from buddies for not buying the Pures.  Bottom line is, when you get into the elite alpha glass, it’s all good and you aren’t gonna spot any more critters going from one to the other.   

I’m not replacing my 15x56 with the 12x Pures, either.   I played this game when the 12x50 EL’s came out.  Packed both 12x’s and 15x’s for a year.  You are just replacing the horsepower of the 15x.  Sold the 12x’s.

That’s how I really feel!   :chuckle:

I want to buy the el range TA but was told the glass is not as good on the rangefinder combos? Any truth to that in your opinion

Offline jjhunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Aim small. Miss small.
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2021, 03:03:04 PM »
I’ve had this discussion several times over the past month since I bought the new EL Range TA and have gotten crap from buddies for not buying the Pures.  Bottom line is, when you get into the elite alpha glass, it’s all good and you aren’t gonna spot any more critters going from one to the other.   

I’m not replacing my 15x56 with the 12x Pures, either.   I played this game when the 12x50 EL’s came out.  Packed both 12x’s and 15x’s for a year.  You are just replacing the horsepower of the 15x.  Sold the 12x’s.

That’s how I really feel!   :chuckle:

I want to buy the el range TA but was told the glass is not as good on the rangefinder combos? Any truth to that in your opinion

Nope.  I’m slumming with the TA and they are amazing and a noticeable improvement over the last version.

You aren’t going to spot any more game with the Pures….

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2021, 05:41:13 PM »
Really hard not go to the Leica 3200.coms - best performing rangefinder available and great 10x binos.   Yes pures would be a little better binos but need separate rangefinder that won’t be as good as the 3200.com’s.

Offline Stevewazfishing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2021, 11:28:44 PM »
I was lucky enough to have the money to pick up a pair of El’s at the end of last summer after the price drop when the nl’s were coming out. Been extremely happy with them. They’re definitely a step up from the Slc’s. They’re slightly brighter than the Slc’s, and although it’s hard to tell the difference in clarity in the middle of the view the El’s are crystal clear all the way to the edges of your view where as the slc’s are not. That’s probably the biggest difference in the two. I think the el has a slightly smoother focus wheel as well. And I prefer the flip open objective covers on the el also.
The only negative I could probably say about the el’s is they do have that “rolling ball” effect that bothers some people. That doesn’t bother me at all tho. You only notice too  if u pan fast enough which most hunters aren’t doing as they’re trying to pick out game. So I don’t think it’s that big of a negative.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 12:49:47 AM by Stevewazfishing »

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2021, 09:36:14 AM »
I was lucky enough to have the money to pick up a pair of El’s at the end of last summer after the price drop when the nl’s were coming out. Been extremely happy with them. They’re definitely a step up from the Slc’s. They’re slightly brighter than the Slc’s, and although it’s hard to tell the difference in clarity in the middle of the view the El’s are crystal clear all the way to the edges of your view where as the slc’s are not. That’s probably the biggest difference in the two. I think the el has a slightly smoother focus wheel as well. And I prefer the flip open objective covers on the el also.
The only negative I could probably say about the el’s is they do have that “rolling ball” effect that bothers some people. That doesn’t bother me at all tho. You only notice too  if u pan fast enough which most hunters aren’t doing as they’re trying to pick out game. So I don’t think it’s that big of a negative.
:yeah: All of this.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal