collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: OnX "possible access" lands N of Colville  (Read 3829 times)

Offline wpgx2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
OnX "possible access" lands N of Colville
« on: April 13, 2021, 10:59:08 AM »
There is a bunch of timberland above Colville that OnX shows as possible access:  Hancock, Boston Timber, System Global, Nordic Crystal, Golden Pond.  Looks like maybe Hancock only leases land?  Can't really find anything on the others.  Can anyone tell me what the deal is?

Thanks

Offline hughjorgan

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
Re: OnX "possible access" lands N of Colville
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 11:50:38 AM »
As far as I have figured out is they all have the same address in vancouver so they are part of Hancock...

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 11:51:21 AM »
Varied access

Some want you to get an email and print, others a permit and some are walk in only.

Figure out the lands you want to hunt and call/email the company for terms of access.

Offline CedarPants

• Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 12:23:30 PM »
I reached out to Hancock recently regarding what (if any) permits I would need to obtain to access their managed lands in Eastern Washington. 

They replied with:  No permits are required in Eastern Washington.  HFM managed lands in NE Washington are open to public access at this time.  Motorized vehicles are not allowed behind gates or other road barriers.  Public access to HFM managed land does not imply permission to trespass on neighboring properties in order to access these lands.  During fire season, access to HFM managed lands may be restricted so please check our website during these times if you are planning to access these lands.  When access is allowed during fire season, all state rules regarding campfires are in full effect.  Trailers must be fully self-contained and all trash must be hauled away when you leave.   

Offline MR5x5

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 09:25:29 AM »
I reached out to Hancock recently regarding what (if any) permits I would need to obtain to access their managed lands in Eastern Washington. 

They replied with:  No permits are required in Eastern Washington.  HFM managed lands in NE Washington are open to public access at this time.  Motorized vehicles are not allowed behind gates or other road barriers.  Public access to HFM managed land does not imply permission to trespass on neighboring properties in order to access these lands.  During fire season, access to HFM managed lands may be restricted so please check our website during these times if you are planning to access these lands.  When access is allowed during fire season, all state rules regarding campfires are in full effect.  Trailers must be fully self-contained and all trash must be hauled away when you leave.

That there is a solid response.

Thank you  :tup:

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2021, 12:59:59 PM »
Less shirebags littering everywhere = more access with less issues

Offline CedarPants

• Sourdough