collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Early Season Alpine Lakes Fishing  (Read 3741 times)

Offline pickardjw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Early Season Alpine Lakes Fishing
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2021, 09:54:27 AM »
Well it looks like I'm going to try for lower elevation for sure. I primarily want to test out my new hot tent and get some fishing in before it gets too warm and before I start spending most of my weekends scouting for bear and deer season...

It looks like Mildred lakes over in the Olympics could be an option based on AllTrails reviews. Will be contending with snow at the top but I think the lake will be mostly opened up by late May...

Otherwise, looking at going up to Cooper Lake...despite the recent cougar encounter over there. Anyone tried getting up there or around Salmon La Sac in late May? The campground doesn't fully open until after Memorial Day weekend due to snow but I imagine that doesn't mean it's totally inaccessible to people with 4x4. Will probably need to call the ranger district up there prior to going either way.

Offline salish

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2021, 09:48:32 AM »
As a high lake fish stocker and surveyor there are alot of variables but usually mid July is a good estimation. Don't forget your bug spray.

Are you a Trailblazer?

Offline AL WORRELLS KID

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • The Ancient of Days Lives
  • Groups: Washington State Trappers Association
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2021, 06:34:27 PM »
Yah, I'd let it warm up a bit too. Sweating and panting when we finally reach our Favorite Spot, with us it's "Live Bait" that usually hits the water first!  :chuckle:
"The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom." Theodore Roosevelt

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal