collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Have to rant  (Read 9153 times)

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
Re: Have to rant
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2021, 07:03:20 AM »
Goldendale was VERY busy. Ive never seen even a fraction of that many people for an opening weekend.  The older I get the more and more I just sit back and let the hard chargers blow their wad and clear out before I get serious. It was good to see people out in the hills though. Lots of smiles and laughs around camps and nobody wearing masks   :IBCOOL: :tup:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2021, 08:03:32 AM »
It’s hard to get too worked up over a turkey.  Heck, just shoot one and pass it around and hold it for a photo op.  They all look the same. Lol
As much as I love my space in the outdoors,  it’s nice to see some normal people with smiles.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2021, 08:12:20 AM »
It’s hard to get too worked up over a turkey.  Heck, just shoot one and pass it around and hold it for a photo op.  They all look the same. Lol
As much as I love my space in the outdoors,  it’s nice to see some normal people with smiles.
like I always say....turkey hunting is awesome right up till you shoot one  :chuckle:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2021, 08:13:05 AM »
 :chuckle:

Offline cbond3318

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2021, 08:36:57 AM »
You think it’s bad now, wait until Kifaru comes out with their turkey vest.
Just tend your own and live.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2021, 08:41:21 AM »
I enjoy taking kids turkey hunting, never buy a tag for myself but I'm thinking archery I might do.

Offline CJ1962

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2021, 09:34:39 AM »
Most people I have ever seen in our area too.  But everyone we bumped into or talked to were polite.  Funniest thing was of the few people we talked to, they all said they had been hunting in this area for 30 years.  I don't remember which year I started Turkey hunting but I have been deer hunting this area for 29 years and I had never seen any if these people before  :).

Offline HAGEMANIAC

• Scout
  • Groups: NRA, NWTF, RMEF, MDF, VFW, USAF
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2021, 02:46:51 PM »
Yeah, I don't get the road hunting crowd.  I'd rather save the gas and miles and just buy a juicy one from the store  :chuckle:
God made man, Samuel Colt made them equal.

Offline danderson

• Hunter Education Instructor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
    • elkhornarchers
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2021, 07:18:28 PM »
Turkey lives matter don't you know

Offline dilleytech

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2021, 09:24:09 AM »

Lol ya. Every turkey around here is either a Jake or a Tom. They all have 1/2”-3/4” Spurs and 8 1/2- 9 1/2” beards. Some make nicer fan mounts then others but who cares. I just love the meat as much as anything.

Offline avidnwoutdoorsman

• Forum Sponsor
  • Scout
  • Groups: NWTF, PF, TU, DU, BCWF, NRA, BCH&A
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2021, 09:05:53 AM »
Lots of poaching on private property going on!  :bash: :bash:

I went out to my property the second half of last week. A full week after the opener. It was incredible to see the amount of trespassing on my property. I do have it posted extensively and still feel I need to put up more signs. Half the signs have my number on them so you can call and talk to me. Crazy how many people have been "hunting it for 20 years" when the previous owner had it posted as well with his number on it. Also incredible the amount of corner cutters. There is literally a road that will take you to where you are walking... two of them actually that I would take my wifes mini-van on. The best part is they are walking a few hundered yards across a corner on my property to then cut through another private property to then I hope hunt on timberland. I dont understand the urge to walk through and/or hunt my property when there are 1000's of drive-in accessible acres surrounding it. Shoot, I even drove in from one of the other roads because from a hunting stand point its a way better route.
Keep Calm Gobble On

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2021, 09:24:51 AM »

Pretty sure we saw a couple young guys trolling private looking for birds.  Their tracks in the road clearly indicated they were not just passing by.  It was not my property and I couldn’t tell you if they had permission.....though I doubt it.  Just drove by and waived.  What’s a guy to do??   I would bet they were up to no good. 

Offline avidnwoutdoorsman

• Forum Sponsor
  • Scout
  • Groups: NWTF, PF, TU, DU, BCWF, NRA, BCH&A
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2021, 09:31:34 AM »

I went out to my property the second half of last week. A full week after the opener. It was incredible to see the amount of trespassing on my property. I do have it posted extensively and still feel I need to put up more signs. Half the signs have my number on them so you can call and talk to me. Crazy how many people have been "hunting it for 20 years" when the previous owner had it posted as well with his number on it. Also incredible the amount of corner cutters. There is literally a road that will take you to where you are walking... two of them actually that I would take my wifes mini-van on. The best part is aside from walking all the way up my driveway that is repeatedly posted, they also are walking a few hundered yards across a corner on my property to then cut through another private property to then I hope hunt on timberland. I dont understand the urge to walk through and/or hunt my property when there are 1000's of drive-in accessible acres surrounding it. Shoot, I even drove in from one of the other roads because from a hunting stand point its a way better route.
Keep Calm Gobble On

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2021, 09:41:38 AM »
If you aren't on it, it'll be abused.

Sucks, guy I know bought property near the 'Russians'....I tried to warn him...

Opening morning he found like 6 fresh gut piles, he'd been feeding deer hoping to hunt his property

Offline pickardjw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2021, 09:50:31 AM »
Spotted a lone tom on Saturday in a field on private while on the way to a different spot. Decided to swing around to the public on the back side of the property to try to call him in. Got set up and got a few gobbles out of him. Felt like a good setup.

Then heard a diesel back on the main road pull up and stop followed by a couple shotgun blasts...convinced someone poached him off that property. Super frustrating when you're trying to do everything by the books.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Yesterday at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter
[Yesterday at 09:12:44 PM]