collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Have to rant  (Read 9178 times)

Offline konradcountry

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
Re: Have to rant
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2021, 02:10:28 PM »
Look at it this way which is that a lot of these small towns don't many spring visitors.

My friends and I rented a cabin and we wouldn't have done that without the turkeys.

Offline Guzman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2021, 08:31:58 AM »
Where I hunted I would say it was 4x the normal for opener. To me it was frustrating to see such a jump as it was so extreme. I roosted a bird the night before opener. It was the only bird that gobbled the day before and on opener. So one gobbling bird and 5 trucks hunting that spot. If I would have know that many people when I went to bed at the spot I would have just gone home. I did notice more curtesy. The people were fine it was just too many.

My guess is it is a Covid thing.

One other thing I have noticed is the amount of side by sides out there is way up. And the number of them driving where they aren’t supposed to is bad. A lot of them tearing up hillsides and driving all over. I was hunting timber land in Idaho. I had a bird within 100 yards that I was working as side by side came rushing up and almost hit my decoy. They aren’t supposed to be driving on timber land per the rules. That was on a week day too.

Offline baldopepper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2021, 12:13:31 PM »
Covid was the big driver of hunters this year. Kids were still on line educating and parents are still working from home.  Got asked twice at the local store where the best Mobil service was as they needed to use their phone hotspots to get online for their job or their kids school. Also RV sales have been thru the roof, lot of new rigs out there this year and turkey hunting was a good chance to break them in. Just wish that online schooling would teach them how to read "No Trespassing" Worst year I can remember for trespassers, way worse than the deer hunts.

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2021, 12:22:03 PM »
Covid was the big driver of hunters this year. Kids were still on line educating and parents are still working from home.  Got asked twice at the local store where the best Mobil service was as they needed to use their phone hotspots to get online for their job or their kids school. Also RV sales have been thru the roof, lot of new rigs out there this year and turkey hunting was a good chance to break them in. Just wish that online schooling would teach them how to read "No Trespassing" Worst year I can remember for trespassers, way worse than the deer hunts.

We were hunting my sisters property right down the road from you and watched the same rig drive by three times.  We passed them on our way to the property and they were definitely hunters all camo'd up.  No doubt they were trolling for a bird right off the road.   :bash: :bash:  Good think the toms were not hanging out close to the hwy that day. 

Offline baldopepper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2021, 12:29:20 PM »

We were hunting my sisters property right down the road from you and watched the same rig drive by three times.  We passed them on our way to the property and they were definitely hunters all camo'd up.  No doubt they were trolling for a bird right off the road.   :bash: :bash:  Good think the toms were not hanging out close to the hwy that day.
That same old Tom has been below your sister's place all season. Could have shot him from the road 2 or 3 times. Hope he makes it thru the season.

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2021, 12:32:11 PM »

That’s the one I was trying to get my daughter on.  He took his hens and crossed the hwy!!!!  Lol.  I guess I need to work on my calling a bit.   :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

That same old Tom has been below your sister's place all season. Could have shot him from the road 2 or 3 times. Hope he makes it thru the season.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal