collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: .223 / 5.56 Shooting & Reloading Questions  (Read 3042 times)

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
Re: .223 / 5.56 Shooting & Reloading Questions
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2021, 10:00:45 AM »
You guys want a decapping die that will take care of the most stubborn primers get a mighty armory.  They're awesome.  I have no affiliation with them but bought one for doing military brass and it just cruises through it.
Since I find a lot of MIL brass I run into the MIL crimps a lot. I reviewed fowl smacker's suggestion on using Mighty Armory decaping dies. They look good, company with good ideas. I just ordered one they even have a one year warranty on the first pin.
https://www.mightyarmory.com/

The fact that you can get the swage set with the decapper looks attractive.  I've used the Lee Universal decapper on thousands of rounds of milsurp brass, and never broke a pin.  I've become fond of the RCBS swager, since using it for milsurp crimped primer pockets. 

I wonder if the mighty armory decap/swage kit works for decapping all brass, which the Lee does, at least for non-magnum cases.  I like to decap before cleaning, so that is a plus for me.

Don't buy the cheap Lee model, those suck.

This is contrary to my experience.

Offline fowl smacker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: DU, Delta Waterfowl, RMEF, Friends of the Cowlitz
Re: .223 / 5.56 Shooting & Reloading Questions
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2021, 12:18:03 PM »
You guys want a decapping die that will take care of the most stubborn primers get a mighty armory.  They're awesome.  I have no affiliation with them but bought one for doing military brass and it just cruises through it.
Since I find a lot of MIL brass I run into the MIL crimps a lot. I reviewed fowl smacker's suggestion on using Mighty Armory decaping dies. They look good, company with good ideas. I just ordered one they even have a one year warranty on the first pin.
https://www.mightyarmory.com/

The fact that you can get the swage set with the decapper looks attractive.  I've used the Lee Universal decapper on thousands of rounds of milsurp brass, and never broke a pin.  I've become fond of the RCBS swager, since using it for milsurp crimped primer pockets. 

I wonder if the mighty armory decap/swage kit works for decapping all brass, which the Lee does, at least for non-magnum cases.  I like to decap before cleaning, so that is a plus for me.

Don't buy the cheap Lee model, those suck.

This is contrary to my experience.
Yes, the mighty armory works on most brass.  You can change the size of the decapping pin too.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]