collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Looking for Your Help - Donate Used or New Gear  (Read 27773 times)

Offline buckcanyonlodge

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
    • Buck Canyon Lodge
Re: Looking for Your Help - Donate Used or New Gear
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2021, 07:55:41 PM »
Fishing box shipping tomorrow too.
Thanks for all for your past support...We officially pulled the plug and have retired from the Biz. Still dabble a little in real estate.
Call Westergard Real Estate  for your REAL ESTATE needs in the Tri-County area. Hunting/Recreational or retirement properties. Tri County Area 509-722-3949

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sourdough
  • Faith, Family, Hunting, Fishing, and Dogs!
    • https://www.facebook.com/tiebinds
    • The Tie That Binds: Outdoor Ministry
  • Groups: Christian Waterfowlers Association; NRA Life Member; GOA; DU; DW
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2021, 08:08:24 PM »

Awesome!
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate. - Psalm 127:3-5

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2021, 08:09:15 PM »
Two boxes headed your way tomorrow...fishing gear later

AWESOME!!!

Thanks so much! I do love the addition of the bible. Looks like a Gideons Int'l Bible - (you didn't steal it from a hotel room did ya?  :chuckle:). Just kidding. Haha.  My father has been a member of the Gideons for 35+ years and has handed out well over 100,000 Bibles.

Thanks for your investment!

When we opened our business the Gideons supplied us with Bibles for all our rooms and more to pass on.

Right on!  :tup:
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate. - Psalm 127:3-5

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2021, 12:55:00 PM »

Got your packages! Thanks so much for the items. Soon, I'll be getting a gear locker set up and will begin to organize it with items from your boxes and others' who are meeting up with me with gear.

I met with the pastor today, whom I sent on a deer hunt last fall with his two sons, and he's partnering with me to build a storage shed on his property to store donations from folks. Together, we're going to keep getting more guys into hunting, shooting, and outdoor sports.

I really appreciate your donation!

Offline buckcanyonlodge

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
    • Buck Canyon Lodge
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2021, 01:45:11 PM »
 :tup: :tup:

I am sure everything will be put to good use.
Thanks for all for your past support...We officially pulled the plug and have retired from the Biz. Still dabble a little in real estate.
Call Westergard Real Estate  for your REAL ESTATE needs in the Tri-County area. Hunting/Recreational or retirement properties. Tri County Area 509-722-3949

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2021, 10:54:11 AM »
Do you need some 3x cotton camo pants? I just noticed this thread for the first time.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Widgeondeke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
  • US Army Infantry 91-98
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2021, 11:36:46 AM »
Sent ya a PM. I can send a pair of camo coveralls

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2021, 12:32:19 PM »
Do you need some 3x cotton camo pants? I just noticed this thread for the first time.

I won't say no to any donation. The goal is to fill a gear locker for future new hunters (no matter what size, age, or preferred hunting).

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2021, 12:45:39 PM »

I won't say no to any donation. The goal is to fill a gear locker for future new hunters (no matter what size, age, or preferred hunting).

My mother-in-law is sending me a SPE Buckeye take down recurve, 25 lbs pull at 28". The bow is 62" and comes with arrows. I'll get everything together and send it all. I'm sure there's some other stuff, as well.  :tup:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2021, 12:59:13 PM »
The guys and gals on this thread have been amazing already sending gear, meeting up, asking great questions, or donating funds. This coming weekend, I'll be taking 2 boys out who's dad is a pastor and has never hunted or fished. He grew up in the inner city, without a father who cared about the outdoors. He's expressed an interest in learning to shoot, hunt, fish, and more. So, I'll be taking he and the boys out. The boys are Zach and Levi, and are interested in archery and fishing.

I could really use some tackle boxes and kids archery equipment.

Last weekend, I took a group of guys out for a "guys weekend" to introduce them to some shooting sports. 2 of the men are pastors, and all 7 in the group are involved in ministry in a variety of ways. Out of the 7, only 3 had prior experience holding or shooting a gun of any kind (one of the pastors; a former marine; and myself). We took 2 days to do some training work with them to get them more acquainted. The end result was a lot of smiles, some busted clay targets, a pile of brass (expensive, I know, but worth it), and guys who are all raising teenagers who shared that they'd like to learn more and teach their kids. The pastor whose kids want to go fishing and shoot archery was a part of this group. It was very obvious he was new. But that was ok. He quickly learned shooting skills, range etiquette, and muzzle control.

Thanks to your involvement, I've got about 10+ people waiting in the wings looking to get plugged in. Some are women, men, and many of their children. If you know of a pastor or ministry leader or missionary who would like to hunt or fish (who's never been out before or who needs gear, please let me know.)

:tup:

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2021, 09:02:43 AM »
Thanks to everyone that's sent donations of gear so far! Keep it coming!

Offline GWP

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2021, 05:15:05 PM »
Any animal related hunting stuff needed?
You have not mentioned ammunition or calibers you could use?
Cuterebra are NOT cute!

Offline Jingles

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2021, 06:34:06 PM »
.issued an opportunity earlier to get the archery equipment shuttled to Silverdale so if anyone is co.i g to or near Winthrop or even North Central WA please send me a PM verses posting here, had I seen someone was gonna be in Orono I'd of been more than Happy to have met them with 3 bows and 2 dz arrows
HMC/USN/RET
1969 -1990
The comments of this poster do not reflect the opinions of HUNTWA Administrators or Moderators unless they so state.

The duty of a Patriot is to protect his country from it's government

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2021, 10:36:51 PM »
Any animal related hunting stuff needed?
You have not mentioned ammunition or calibers you could use?

Thanks for asking. At this point, I'm not looking for any animal gear.

As to ammo, I'm looking specifically for the following:

- 30-06
  - 22 lr
  - 20 Gauge
  - 12 Gauge
  - 

Offline PolarBear

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2021, 06:28:59 AM »
Just found this thread. I’ll dig around and see what I have left. I should have a few bow sites, quivers, etc and plenty of fishing stuff and tackle boxes. Where in Kitsap are you?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal