collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Looking for Your Help - Donate Used or New Gear  (Read 27755 times)

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sourdough
  • Faith, Family, Hunting, Fishing, and Dogs!
    • https://www.facebook.com/tiebinds
    • The Tie That Binds: Outdoor Ministry
  • Groups: Christian Waterfowlers Association; NRA Life Member; GOA; DU; DW
Re: Looking for Your Help - Donate Used or New Gear
« Reply #105 on: October 06, 2021, 08:56:57 AM »
Two weeks out!

The two pastors who are going on this hunt are stoked! All the gear is gathered (thanks to you), the guide service is paid (thanks to financial donors), the guns have been run through some sighting in and shooting for different ranges, the guys completed their hunter's ed certificates, licenses have been bought, and now we wait for the next two weeks to get here!

Thanks to all who've participated.

Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate. - Psalm 127:3-5

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #106 on: October 06, 2021, 10:49:55 AM »
Two weeks out!

The two pastors who are going on this hunt are stoked! All the gear is gathered (thanks to you), the guide service is paid (thanks to financial donors), the guns have been run through some sighting in and shooting for different ranges, the guys completed their hunter's ed certificates, licenses have been bought, and now we wait for the next two weeks to get here!

Wow, I know the effort for you has been Herculean. Well done doing and completing all of this.  :tup: :tup: :tup:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Jburke

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #107 on: October 06, 2021, 11:04:23 AM »
Shoot me a PM with an address. I know I’ve got plenty of fishing gear that I’ll donate and I’m confident I’ve got some extra hunting stuff laying around not being used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do!
If you still need some more fishing gear shoot me a PM with an address to send it to. I’ve got lots to spare that I’m happy to donate to the cause

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
Looking for Your Help - Donate Used or New Gear
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2021, 06:28:07 PM »
Thanks!

Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate. - Psalm 127:3-5

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
Looking for Your Help - Donate Used or New Gear
« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2021, 06:32:10 PM »
Two weeks out!

Wow, I know the effort for you has been Herculean. Well done doing and completing all of this.  :tup: :tup: :tup:
Thanks!

Did I send you photos of the bow that you donated? It went to an 11 year old who loves it!

His father is a pastor with zero hunting experience. I’m hoping to take them out sometime this next year.

Offline huntnfmly

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2021, 09:59:18 AM »
That’s awesome Jeff thanks for posting
I'm your dam tour guide Arnie please don’t wonder off the dam tour.
Take as many dam pictures as you want ....
Are there any dam questions ..

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2021, 10:08:27 AM »
Well, this is the week of the hunt! Thanks again to all those who helped make this trip possible for 2 brand new deer hunters who are fully outfitted now and hopefully will have some success. No matter what happens, I know both pastors are thankful for your investment in them.

Hopefully, by this time next week, I'll be writing up a report with photos for you!  :tup:

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2021, 04:56:37 PM »
Update coming this week!

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2021, 02:12:41 PM »

"Walking with God" - A Personal Account from a Pastor and Recipient of the 2021 Outdoor Restorative Retreat Hunting Trip

As a ministry professional, I had never had the opportunity to pursue the idea of becoming an outdoor sportsman (hunting) before this year. But I had dreamed about it. I had a fascination with firearms, how to use them, and the idea of pursuing wild game for food. So, when Jeff from Paraclete Mission Group (www.paraclete.net) approached me with a grant to learn the process of how to hunt and learn a new way to rest and rejuvenate my passion for ministry - I jumped at the idea. This was an opportunity to pursue both practical skills and learn new habits of rest in a way that I never thought was going to be achievable.

The first step was to complete a hunter’s education safety course. I found it to be filled with information with which I hadn’t expected to be interacting. Not only did it help me practice better firearm safety and use, but it contained awareness about conservation, how to track wild game, how weather conditions effect animal habits, and much more.

As the preparation for the hunt continued, I was surprised with how much planning goes into an endeavor like this. Without the support from Jeff, who met with me throughout the last year on a regular basis to check in with me and my ministry, I would never have been able to make a trip like this possible. Whether it was booking a semi-guided hunt with a guide service; acquiring a firearm and sighting it in; getting donations of camouflage clothing, backpacks, binoculars, and ammunition; booking a lodging facility; buying licenses; and even Jeff lending us a vehicle that was big enough for a journey like this - there was a lot that went into the planning of this trip.

All these things take some serious time and money. For someone like me, a pastor in full-time ministry who’s on call all the time, while having a family, this first hurdle seemed insurmountable. But God provided a way, through the Ministry Care Fund grant provided by Paraclete Mission Group that Jeff created and the generous donors who invested. What a valuable tool to teach pastors like me how I could learn the habit of resting while being active in the outdoors. And it couldn’t have come at a better time.

This last year of ministry has been the hardest year of my life. When Jeff and I began to plan this trip, my friend, Jon, gave me an extra rifle scope for the hunt to use on my rifle. He and I were deeply close Christian brothers. He was someone whom I shared my family with and enjoyed his companionship in many ways. We’d spend time together discussing our faith, our dreams, and the activities we wanted to do together. I really loved our friendship.

Then, just three days after he gave me a scope, Jon passed away in a freak accident. I was crushed. Not only did I lose a best friend, but the very thought of hunting and becoming an outdoorsman was directly tied to his love of the outdoors, too. And now, I would have to decide if it was worth it to even bother. Could I enjoy the thought of hunting or hiking without his company with me? Would it be worth it?

I decided that it was worth the try.

So, soon after his death, I decided in my heart that this hunting trip was no longer just a trip to get away from the business of ministry, but rather, it became a way to honor Jon’s friendship and generosity while also strengthening my relationship with the Lord. The last 10 months had been tough. Not only did I lose Jon, but I also endured the strains of ministry when several other relationships within ministry became strained. And so, I began to eagerly look forward to a time to get out into the woods and just be alone with God and be alone in the outdoors.

As it goes, I spent 4 days on a semi-guided deer hunting trip in Eastern Washington with another pastor. We encountered lots of deer, mostly does and a few immature bucks, but what an experience to hike, scout, and entertain the beauty of the hunt! 
And although we didn’t harvest a deer, I began to realize that the harvest I really needed was in the experience itself. Taking the time to be quiet in the outdoors, especially while walking, was one of the best ways for me to find rest. I can clearly see now that the world around me is busy, and that busyness gets ingrained into us all. This trip really helped to re-center my heart and mind with the Lord.

Getting away reminded me to spend more time with Him. I think this was my biggest take away from this whole experience. When life gets crazy and people get distracted from God, taking the time to be alone with God in the outdoors can make a dramatic difference. As a result - I have a new appreciation for the outdoors and the God who created it for myself. I look forward to taking more walks with him while searching for wild game. Who knows, maybe next year I’ll find what I’m looking for or maybe I already have. 

Thankfully, “D”

*PS Because of your support for pastors like “D”, we’re giving ministry leaders the opportunity to dream, rest, and refresh. This is a unique way to address the stress and anxieties that ministry leaders face in difficult world. Thank you for giving ministry leaders a chance to find healing and rest this year!

Thanks again, to all who've invested in this project this year! To give more donations or financially to support this work, please send me a PM.

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2021, 02:18:14 PM »
Another Update: The gear shed is complete! Your donations will allow us to gather and give more used or new gear away in 2022! Thanks for all who've been a part of this project.

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #115 on: March 10, 2022, 05:13:33 PM »
Wow, this post has been viewed or read over 13,000 times. That's incredible.

As the winter fades away, I'm beginning to look at this year's gear gathering and upcoming fishing/hunting opportunities to expand this work. I've been busy raising funds to secure more guided trips, more new gear, and more space. We've finished building the gear shed and are now filling it with shelving and storage bins.

Recently, I was able to donate a number of bows and archery gear to a like-minded Hunt-WA member who's investing in veterans and youth. The bows weren't getting any use, so I felt that it'd be worth it to get them into someone's hands. Immediately, he presented them to a number of guys and kids who are now learning the art of archery.

I'm glad to share what resources I can to help others learn.

If you've got gear you'd like to donate, please send me a PM with your name, phone number and a description of what you've got available.

Thanks everyone.  :tup:

Offline wadu1

• Grumpy
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Old Salt
  • RMEF, DU, NRA, PFE, NWTF
« Reply #116 on: March 10, 2022, 05:22:48 PM »
I still have a pair of insolated Rocky boots size 11 for you (NEB). I just don't get across the green monster very often.
"a fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi"

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #117 on: March 10, 2022, 05:25:58 PM »
I still have a pair of insolated Rocky boots size 11 for you (NEB). I just don't get across the green monster very often.

No worries. Thank you.

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2022, 05:25:23 PM »
Exciting Update:

This spring/summer, I have teamed up with a guy who's created a Blacktail Hunting seminar class. He's sharing his tips and tactics with hunters who want to better learn how to hunt black tails in WA and OR. I'll be providing scholarships to pastors and ministry professionals to attend his classes.

Learn more about his business at The Blacktail Coach: https://www.facebook.com/Blacktailcoach

Offline HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #119 on: March 18, 2022, 07:49:52 PM »
Very cool!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter