collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: are the Toms getting vocal?  (Read 4969 times)

Offline Big game archer

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: are the Toms getting vocal?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2021, 09:50:42 PM »
Gobbling action was insane this past weekend in Idaho.. Still lots of toms with hens, but pretty much gobbling non-stop, all day long. I called in a group of 5 toms (shot one) mid-day after having many close calls throughout the morning (All on public land above 3500' elevation)

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2021, 06:38:06 AM »
Out this last weekend.  Gobbled on the roost.  After fly down and couple times while the flocked gathered up then shut down.  Saturday the one that my mentor shot we jumped walking down a trail.  He was strutting and walking away.  I did a few sift yelps turned him back to us and of course he missed the shot.  The tom disappeared over the hill but when he got to the top.  He was still there.  He did not miss the second time.  Also I think myy ear is still ringing.  He was standing to thebleft of me when he shot the first time.  I did not realize how close he was because there were more birds there so was looking for a shot to.  Stupid me didn't have my Walker Silencers in.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Limhangerslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2021, 07:46:00 AM »
Found a very hard gobbling tom Saturday morning out of Yakima.  He was going off on his own along with another on the next ridge.  Called it in for my cousins fiancé but he was unable to see it and it slipped away!

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal